Thread: Michael Thomas Trade

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Michael Thomas Trade

Lol.....I hate my main league. An 0-1 team traded Thomas for Slayton. The biggest issue about this is that the owner (without warning) just sent out 4 offers for his Michael Thomas, and it was basically whoever saw it first. Two of the other offers were for Dobbins and Thielen!

It's clear lack of care for his team considering Thielen went in round 4 and Slayton went in round 11 ....so it's a crappy situation.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Michael Thomas Trade

In a 1 year league, depending how deep it is, I can see why someone would trade him for a lot less than he's worth... Get 4-6 weeks of production from a WR rather than putting Thomas on IR (if you have one) & pickup a 4-5th string WR..

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    In a 1 year league, depending how deep it is, I can see why someone would trade him for a lot less than he's worth... Get 4-6 weeks of production from a WR rather than putting Thomas on IR (if you have one) & pickup a 4-5th string WR..
    He's more upset on the quickness of the move I think.

Why would you not shop MT for 2 days if you want to move him to see what is out there. Do we really think Slayton is better than Thielen in fantasy? I rather get Thielen. Or Slayton+ if you really like Slayton.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    I hear you. It's moreso the second point I made about the dummy owner just throwing out offers for his #1 pick.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Are Tuesday mornings when waiver processes go through? Sometimes I send out multiple trades Monday night hoping one goes through before waivers so I know whether or not I'm spending my waiver priority on a WR or RB which will vary depending on the trades I sent out.

I get what you're saying, and yeah it sucks because you know come playoff time the team who got Thomas will have an extra first round player in his lineup..

Dobber Sports Expert

I've seen this happens in leagues before too and its the reason I left them. It was guys cooking deals with buddies and taking the first offer given regardless of value.

Tough break on Thomas but it is an overreaction by the GM. Hell I just bought him in an auction draft last night. High risk, extremely high reward!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    I've seen this happens in leagues before too and its the reason I left them. It was guys cooking deals with buddies and taking the first offer given regardless of value.

Tough break on Thomas but it is an overreaction by the GM. Hell I just bought him in an auction draft last night. High risk, extremely high reward!
    It's true. Just had to vent. This is my home league where most of us have none each other since Kindergarten.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    It's true. Just had to vent. This is my home league where most of us have none each other since Kindergarten.
    Just on Thomas, its such a tricky situation because no one really knows how long he will be out. As a Thomas owner, I'm holding him and working my tail off because I want him on the roster for playoffs. And for those same reasons, is why I would try to acquire him.