Thread: Barret Hayton

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Barret Hayton

Yotes don't really have a legit top six center atm, plus they are in a bit of a cap crunch and have lost out on lot of picks over next couple of years, hard to see them acquiring a top six center through trade or free agency right now.
    Where do you guys think Hayton will end up on that roster and what will he end up doing this coming year and the following years?
    What's his floor and what's his ceiling?

My thoughts - Hayton ends up in the middle six playing center/wing being shifted around as needed and puts up about 35-40 points this year.
    Over the next couple of years, he cements himself in the top six as one of the centers (be it 1st line or 2nd line) and puts up about 55 points a year.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Barret Hayton

No Hayton-expert but I think your projections seem reasonable. The question is if he will be in Arizona the entire season or if he will split time in AHL. I think 40 points is the ceiling if he gets to play a full season in NHL considering how low-scoring Coyotes are. Will be interesting to hear others opinions of him since I have him as potential keeper next year.
    16 team h2h keeper league. G, A, Pim, PPP, Shp, Sog, FW, Hit, Blk, Win, GAA, SV, SV%, Sho.
    Keep up to 8 players, 2 of them must be dropped after the following season. In bold keeper to next season.
    J Robertson, A Kempe, L Hughes, J Slafkovsky, L Carlsson, D Guenther, J Daccord (droppable), J Lauzon (droppable)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Barret Hayton

The optimist in me thinks he can hit 50 this year, depending on deployment, as I think he’s a legit player. Two way for sure but I think his scoring is a bit underrated. But he could easily hit the AHL for the year.

My problem is Arizona is just such a damn mess. Always are, cant seem to correct it.

I own him myself and was super excited about him. But the team is definitely stagnant now. There’s not enough talent there now and with the draft pick penalties I don’t know how they improve.

I’ve been debating trying to deal
    him in a package myself while he still has some hype.

I think long term he can rock 70+ points. Just don’t know how long that takes in Arizona.