Thread: Gurianov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Gurianov

How good can Denis the Menace be over the next few years?

He still seems relatively inconsistent but has all the skill in the world and has really broken out or semi-broken out these playoffs.

Do you see Gurianov as a top line winger in 1-2 years? 60+ points? Any chance at something like 75+ points?

Thanks for any insight. I love to watch this guy and am wondering with more ice time and trust from the coach if he can emerge as a fairly elite fantasy winger.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Gurianov

I still think it's a good playoff run. I can't see him keeping this up for the futur seasons. I think he's a 50 points player maybe 60 IMO.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

His points per game average is good. His goals per 60 is phenomenal. He plays on a team that skews older, and spreads the ice-time quite evenly. He's not going to have much of a rise in points unless he starts getting 16-17 minutes per night. I think in three years he'll take a big leap when the old guys get really old. I'm projecting him for a stat line something like 26 goals 17 assists next year.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I’ve been fairly surprised at how quiet the hype around him has been for fantasy purposes, all things considered. I understand the consistency and usage issues so far, but he’s still an NHL rookie and seems to be on a path to unlocking all of his potential. Which, with his tools and now proven ability to use them seems sky high.

So far in the playoffs he’s pacing for a full season of: 35 G, 31 A, 184 SOG, and 261 HITS(!!). Small sample size I guess, but that’s a fantastic banger league stat line right now, especially if that’s in a deeper sized league. And again, he’s done this as a still evolving rookie in the playoffs. With only a slight uptick in TOI next season, especially a focus on the PP with his shot, it’s easy to imagine him surpassing the 200 SOG mark fairly easily.

Don’t know where his ceiling points wise lands, but if you can still snatch him up cheaply I would do so, there’s huge upside here.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerosen View Post
    I’ve been fairly surprised at how quiet the hype around him has been for fantasy purposes, all things considered. I understand the consistency and usage issues so far, but he’s still an NHL rookie and seems to be on a path to unlocking all of his potential. Which, with his tools and now proven ability to use them seems sky high.

So far in the playoffs he’s pacing for a full season of: 35 G, 31 A, 184 SOG, and 261 HITS(!!). Small sample size I guess, but that’s a fantastic banger league stat line right now, especially if that’s in a deeper sized league. And again, he’s done this as a still evolving rookie in the playoffs. With only a slight uptick in TOI next season, especially a focus on the PP with his shot, it’s easy to imagine him surpassing the 200 SOG mark fairly easily.

Don’t know where his ceiling points wise lands, but if you can still snatch him up cheaply I would do so, there’s huge upside here.
    I completely agree, haha. I can hardly find anyone talking about him!

I totally realize his deployment might not change dramatically next year and these playoffs are a small sample size, but that's still a sample size in a very tight hard to score environment vs the top teams in the league. Going back to Elite Prospects and to Craig Button saying he has one of the highest upsides of the 2015 draft and now he seems to be realizing it, i'm surprised people put a 50'ish point cap on him. Maybe it's just because he's on the Dallas Stars?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by iglooinhabitant View Post
    I completely agree, haha. I can hardly find anyone talking about him!

I totally realize his deployment might not change dramatically next year and these playoffs are a small sample size, but that's still a sample size in a very tight hard to score environment vs the top teams in the league. Going back to Elite Prospects and to Craig Button saying he has one of the highest upsides of the 2015 draft and now he seems to be realizing it, i'm surprised people put a 50'ish point cap on him. Maybe it's just because he's on the Dallas Stars?
    Exactly. And yeah his deployment is interesting. Early on in the season he was no stranger to hitting 10 minutes a night, even less on others, finishing with an ATOI of just under 13. Oh and he still led the team in goals! So a full season averaging 14-15 mins a night is modest, but solid bump here. On top of that it seems the biggest issues that hold him back in deployment are defensive reads and playing within the system offensively. Things that take time to work out if ever but so far he has been raved about for his work ethic and smarts. So it doesn’t seem impossible for him to take big steps in those departments going forward. It’s going to be fun to watch!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I am really liking what Gurianov is showing this year, especially in the playoffs...he looks like a multi-cat gem in the making.

My question is, any guess on what kind of contract he will get? My guess is he gets a 2 year prove it bridge deal worth about 2.5 to 3.5 mil per year.

The Great One

Gurianov is definitely a nice, late-round sleeper pick in my league. Points-only format, but I think there is potential there for him to score 55 pts if all goes well for him next season. The thing I really like about Dallas is that with both Klingberg and Heiskanen, and a reluctance to put them both on one power play unit, Dallas really has two equally impressive power play units that get almost the same amount of time/opportunity.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Padawan

Gurianov has 46 pts in his last 82 season and playoff games. I think he'll get 27 goals, 20 assists, 47 pts next season if its an 82 game schedule.
    Head-to-Head/ yahoo/ 16 teams/ dynasty league

C, C, C, C,
    LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(G), (A), (PIM), (PPP), (SOG), (HIT), (BLK)

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)