Thread: Ullmark/Mrazek. What's the true trade value?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Ullmark/Mrazek. What's the true trade value?

Whether by luck or an accident I ended up with one too many goalies imo: Elvis, Korpisalo, Igor, Ullmark, Mrazek. No limit on keepers. No Cap 12 teams Dynasty H2H Categories weekly, 23 men roster plus 10 prospects, 2 goalie starters:

G, A, PPP ,SOG, FW, PIMs, HIT, BLK W, GAA, SVs, SV%

A few teams will be looking for goalie and I can spare one of Ullmark/Mrazek. The issue is I am only interested in C with FW as my own are pretty dismal with only Kuznetsov as truly a high-ish end guy. I managed to stream my team to a 3d place this past season with the guys like JEE, Acciari, Krejci and a few others but really need a solid keeper. So what should I ask in return for those two? The manager that is interested mostly have Seguin, Barkov, Hayes and Hischier. I am pretty sure Barkov won't even be in a play at any cost. Is asking for Seguin straight up is too much? (I can throw in my 2d rounder if needed from upcoming prospect draft which will consist mostly from 2020 eligible and a few left overs from previous drafts). If he says no, would I be selling short on Hischier/Hayes? Just trying to gauge a value as I don't want to overpay as I'd rather keep all 5 goalies and see how the season unfolds. But prefer to have a deal in place early.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Ullmark/Mrazek. What's the true trade value?

In a 12 team, 2G start league, guys like Mrazek or Ullmark are probably low on the trade value scale. If you can get any of his centers listed here for one of those two goalies, I'd take it and run.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    In a 12 team, 2G start league, guys like Mrazek or Ullmark are probably low on the trade value scale. If you can get any of his centers listed here for one of those two goalies, I'd take it and run.
    Hmmm, interesting. Guess its me who overvalues U/M then. Thanks for the input!

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm with Axe. I like Mrazek more than your average GM and it still seems like too much to be asking for.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

I think you would have to bundle one of the goalies with another significant piece if you want to land a big C upgrade.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I can't see anyway you get Barkov/Seguin/Hischier with Mrazek or Ullmark being the main pieces. As for Hayes, I think that if you could get a pick with him, it could be worth it for Mrazek or Ullmark.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thank you guys for the responses. Certainly not what I was hoping to hear but looks like its unanimous. I probably better off to roll with all 5 goalies and have a good chance to win most of goalie cats on weekly basis considering that NYR and Carolina play a lot of "light" nights, there won't be much of game conflicts. Guess I'll have to stream Cs again, lol

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex71 View Post
    Thank you guys for the responses. Certainly not what I was hoping to hear but looks like its unanimous. I probably better off to roll with all 5 goalies and have a good chance to win most of goalie cats on weekly basis considering that NYR and Carolina play a lot of "light" nights, there won't be much of game conflicts. Guess I'll have to stream Cs again, lol
    The season doesn't start until December. You don't have to make absolute decisions today. Time is on your side. Use that to your advantage. Keep your doors open and look for opportunities. You can even drag this out into the season and make a deal when a major goalie goes down to a bad injury.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex71 View Post
    I am not saying dont make the offer. All I was saying is those two guys really aren't sexy names for a reason and the centers you are targeting are somewhat sexy names. If you dont ask you wont get so I'd still make some sort of offer. What is stopping you from dealing one of Korpisalo or Elvis, especially considering the playoffs Korpi just had.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Probably the last chance you'll have to get a Hischier owner look at a trade for these goalies. I'd think you'd need to add a piece on top of to land him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I am not saying dont make the offer. All I was saying is those two guys really aren't sexy names for a reason and the centers you are targeting are somewhat sexy names. If you dont ask you wont get so I'd still make some sort of offer. What is stopping you from dealing one of Korpisalo or Elvis, especially considering the playoffs Korpi just had.
    I just prefer to have one duo especially considering they’ll split it 50/50 most likely. And yeah, for sure, I’ll make offers. I just didn’t expect that most likely it’s me who’d have to add for it to happen. Don’t think I’d add a roster player to it unless it’s Barkov perhaps

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would give him choice of Ullmark/Mrazek for his choice of Hayes/Hischier. Be prepared to add, but it's a reasonable start.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I would give him choice of Ullmark/Mrazek for his choice of Hayes/Hischier. Be prepared to add, but it's a reasonable start.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The season doesn't start until December. You don't have to make absolute decisions today. Time is on your side. Use that to your advantage. Keep your doors open and look for opportunities. You can even drag this out into the season and make a deal when a major goalie goes down to a bad injury.
    I agree with both of these statements. I find goalies generally have more value in season as long as they’re playing and someone else’s goalie isn’t.

I’d maybe plant the seed and be prepared to add to your end of the deal. See what the other GM comes back with. You can keep all your goalies so if the deal isn’t what you want, roll into the season and keep sniffing for an opportunity

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thank you all! Yes, probably "wait and see" is the best course of action here if I don't get an offer I can live with. I mean, guys like Stepan, Krejci, Dvorak, Stastny and a few others are available through FA all season long if needed