Thread: Arvidsson vs. Cirelli

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Arvidsson vs. Cirelli

Hi everyone,

I'm mulling trading Arvidsson for Cirelli and wanted feedback. I know that Arvidsson is top line in Nashville and Cirelli is on the third line but I'm interested in Cirelli as I think he'll rise in Tampa (due to their cap issues as well as his performance) and Nashville's offence has sucked for a few years now. I don't like Nashville's trajectory.

No salary cap, it's League 1 in my signature. Arvidsson is my last keeper so positions don't matter. It's multi-cat with points, hits, blocks, +/-, PIM, shots, etc.

Should I keep a top line player on a bad team, or go for a lower line player on a great team?

Thanks in advance!
    League 1
    Keep 16 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk
    Goalies: Vasilevsky, Shesterkin,
    Minors: Kravtsov, Tolvanen, Brannstrom

League 2
    Keep 18 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen
    Defencemen: R Andersson, Jokiharju, Trouba, Valimaki, Cholowski, Leddy, Montour
    Goalies: Saros, Sorokin, Talbot
    Minors: Heponiemi, Krebs, Tippett, Hoglander, Liljegren, Bouchard,

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Arvidsson vs. Cirelli

If it wasn't for the injuries it would be a slam dunk Arvidsson pick. However it is close.
    I think I would rather keep Arvidsson for now and trade him for something better 10 games into the season before he gets injured.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Lots of people are very very high on Cirelli, i wonder if some of his production can be contributed to the type of team he is on and how protected he is by top of that line up. I was never as high on him as some but i know few people see him as Couturier type of guy both offensively and defensively. If he reaches that he is a choice here, i just dont see it. Having said that, worst case scenario for him is that they are close, so i think i would take a chance on Cirelli.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think I'd go Cirelli here. If we assume that Arvidsson is closer to last year numbers than this year's, he's better for goals and sog. Meanwhile Cirelli has the edge for assists, +/-, hits & blocks. The rest are more or less even. Given that Cirelli is younger and overall fits your categories better, I probably go in that direction.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the advice! It'll be interesting to see what happens to both of those teams. I think Nashville needs new blood and Tampa has Vasilevksy's extension coming in so they'll have to move players.
    League 1
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk

League 2
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen

Dobber Sports Stud

Pretty cool that I’m working on my draft strategy and these guys are directly next to each other... keep-6 or even keep-10, neither are likely kept - - so I ranked Cirelli higher bcuz I feel he COULD be C-2 in a year from now. Arvidsson is what he is.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

First of all, Cirelli already is on the second line, not sure how you guys think he's the current third line center.

To answer the original question, I have Arvidsson rated slightly higher than Cirelli for this coming season and Arvidsson is a great bounce back candidate. Long term Cirelli has the higher upside, and would benefit from playing with a healthy Stamkos if they decide to go that route. I think they will need to unload a big contract this summer (thinking most likely candidates would be either Johnson or Killorn). Would leave a possible lineup something along the lines of:

Palat-Point-Kucherov
    Killorn-Cirelli-Stamkos
    Goodrow-Gourde-Coleman

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcelly View Post
    First of all, Cirelli already is on the second line, not sure how you guys think he's the current third line center.

To answer the original question, I have Arvidsson rated slightly higher than Cirelli for this coming season and Arvidsson is a great bounce back candidate. Long term Cirelli has the higher upside, and would benefit from playing with a healthy Stamkos if they decide to go that route. I think they will need to unload a big contract this summer (thinking most likely candidates would be either Johnson or Killorn). Would leave a possible lineup something along the lines of:

Palat-Point-Kucherov
    Killorn-Cirelli-Stamkos
    Goodrow-Gourde-Coleman

Dobber had Stamkos listed as a center so I put Cirelli as their number 3 (Point, Stamkos, Cirelli), even though I know they move the lines around. I agree with you on the rest. TB needs to unload a contract or two (Johnson has a NTC so most likely it would be Killorn). I want to get in early on Cirelli as he'll be playing with studs regardless.
    League 1

League 2

Dobber Sports Titan

Just going to jump in here to say that even unloading Stamkos won't fix their cap problems. They need to move two or three guys.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

I worry that this is a buy low/sell high scenario disguised by all the buzz that Cirelli's dominant 2-way season generated.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I worry that this is a buy low/sell high scenario disguised by all the buzz that Cirelli's dominant 2-way season generated.
    It seems like Cirelli's ceiling right now as a top 6 great 2 way forward without being on that TB PP1 is 50-55 points. Arvidsson right now if he was healthy has a higher ceiling. Let next season start, and if Arvidsson starts off hot, see if you can get a Hischier or someone who plays on their team's PP1. I love Cirelli, as I am a Cirelli owner myself but until he gets more PP time, his ceiling is limited.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    It seems like Cirelli's ceiling right now as a top 6 great 2 way forward without being on that TB PP1 is 50-55 points. Arvidsson right now if he was healthy has a higher ceiling. Let next season start, and if Arvidsson starts off hot, see if you can get a Hischier or someone who plays on their team's PP1. I love Cirelli, as I am a Cirelli owner myself but until he gets more PP time, his ceiling is limited.

Cirelli offensif ceilling is limited, but he's a futur Selke winner and probably more than one. If he moves team with talented wingers, (wild, Knight, Caps...etc) or Point get injured (I hope not). OOOhhhhh boy. I can just imagine a Selke win-- 75-80 point season.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    Cirelli offensif ceilling is limited, but he's a futur Selke winner and probably more than one. If he moves team with talented wingers, (wild, Knight, Caps...etc) or Point get injured (I hope not). OOOhhhhh boy. I can just imagine a Selke win-- 75-80 point season.
    I agree 1000% with Selke in his future! if he can become a 70+ point guy, oh man that would be amazing.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don't wana be Debbie downer or a Karen here but AC has played quite a bit this post season with Kuch and doesn't really have much to show for it....also he has played with the 3 TB elite throughout the season due to injuries and i didnt notice that much of a difference from him. I do like him and think he could win a selky but maybe temper expections on the 75-80p...hope im wrong here as I do own him n a few leagues.