Thread: Keep grubauer or keep gusev and draft a 3rd goalie?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Keep grubauer or keep gusev and draft a 3rd goalie?

Team in signature. Keepers highlighted in bold. Wondering if Grubauer is as safe a bet as a keeper goalie as he used to be. I'm thinking of either moving Grubauer or R.smith to make room for Gusev among my current selections. Any and all advice would be appreciated.
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV%, SO
    25 man roster, 15 keepers
    G, A, POINTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG for Skaters.
    W, GAA, SV%, SO for Goalies

Forwards
    Gaudreau (lw/rw), Guentzel (lw/rw), Panarin (lw), Vrana (lw), Couturier (c), Teravainen(lw/rw), Suzuki (c/rw), Mangiapane (lw/rw), Boldy (lw/rw), Beniers (c) , Sharangovich (c/lw/rw), Mercer (c/rw), E. Kane (lw/rw), Barbashev (c/lw/rw)

Defense
    Carlson , R. Andersson, Liljegren, Giordano, J.Sanderson

Goalies
    Samsonov, Merzlikins, Nedelijkovic, Luukkonen, Francouz, Forsberg

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Keep grubauer or keep gusev and draft a 3rd goalie?

I would rather keep Grubs unless there's another good goalie cheaply available
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

You keep 15, but we have no idea how many teams. We also don't know how many wingers starts there are, versus goalie starts.

Very hard to generalize without knowing how scarce (or not) goalies are in your league.

Also, what would you expect Grubauer to fetch in trade?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

10 teams, and goalies are generally harder to grab as some guys will often hold 5 or 6. My thinking is that ups Grubauer's value to my league mates. Also harder for me to draft one I suppose, however I'm generally a good drafter. I'd be hoping for an early pick. Seem reasonable?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Also, 4 C, 4 lw, 4 rw, and 1 Utili , 6 D, and 2 goalie starts

The Great One

With 2 goalie starts, and 2 rookie goalies, I think Grubauer is worth A LOT more than Gusev. It sounds like you will need to draft a third goalie, and based on what you've just said, it will be extremely thin pickings.

I think I'd just hold what you have, TBH.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Respect, okay ya I guess my mind went into panic mode after this seasons' rollercoaster between Grubauer and Francouz.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If people are keeping 5 or 6 goalies in a 10 team league, goalies will be extremely scarce, doesn't matter how good of a drafter you are. We'll most likely see a fairly even split between Grub and Francouz next year, especially with a condensed schedule. Nevertheless, in this setup I'd keep Grub hands down. Might consider keeping Goose ahead of Smith though, albeit the plus minus makes it closer.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

As others have said before, I’d also keep Grubauer. Colorado will be a great team next year too, better than Nashville or Washington. I don’t see a huge risk that Francouz will take the starting role either.
    16 team h2h keeper league. G, A, Pim, PPP, Shp, Sog, FW, Hit, Blk, Win, GAA, SV, SV%, Sho.
    Keep up to 8 players, 2 of them must be dropped after the following season. In bold keeper eligible to next season.
    J Robertson, M Necas, N Suzuki, J Bratt, A Kempe, L Kunin, N Kucherov, M Rasmussen, J Farabee, M Bunting, M Marchment, P Suter, S Pinto (ir), N MacKinnon, J Eriksson Ek, T Wilson, A Killorn
    J Chychrun, K A Miller, E Johnson, J Hakanpaa, A Larsson, C Soucy, D Hamilton
    A Forsberg, F Gustavsson, J Markström

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd also keep Grubauer. You've got enough options close enough to Gusev, Smith, etc, that I find it hard to differentiate between them. If one of them + Grubauer netter you a solid keeper upgrade, might be worth it.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.