Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tyson Barrie

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Tyson Barrie

I can see him bouncing back in a big way next season when he is the number 1 offensive dman on a team leading their PP1. As an owner, I am wondering where he ends up. As with all free agents this is probably the worst year ever for cashing in a long term contract. Do you think he goes to a bottom feeder like Detroit or New Jersey? Does any upper-echelon team need a #1 puck-moving dman? Montreal? I know there are rumors with Vancouver but they don't have the space nor does he solve their defensive problems. Winnipeg would be a great landing spot. What do you guys think?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Tyson Barrie

I don't think WPG needs another PP D. They need a minute muncher.

Not really many spots open for him. I wonder about Buffalo or even going back to Colorado.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

....And I see no places (ok, but damn few) where he’s handed the PP1 again. He needs not to be a defensive liability, and then he can be a solid PP2, but hard to see where he's the star he was.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    ....And I see no places (ok, but damn few) where he’s handed the PP1 again. He needs not to be a defensive liability, and then he can be a solid PP2, but hard to see where he's the star he was.
    He had 59 and 57 pts the last two season before going to Toronto and he just turned 29. It's all about opportunity.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think he's in a bad spot. Possible openings I see:

Montreal has Weber & Petry who are old, possible fit.
    Anaheim has a bunch of two-way guys he's better than, so that would work if the money does.
    New Jersey has Subban who is a shell of his former self, Severson & Vatanen are not a big deal.
    Minnesota where Suter is old, and Spurgeon is pretty old.

Longer shots:
    Boston - pending Krug, with others there. I doubt they move on from Krug to Barrie, I think Barrie is worse defensively.
    Florida - Yandel & Ekblad there already.
    Long Island - Pulock can be surpassed, but they have cap issues, and Trotz likes defense.
    Chicago - Keith is old, and is Boqvist ready?
    Arizona - Goligoski is old, and yes I meant to type his name. Chychrun might take over PP1 imminently, though.
    Calgary - Giordano is old, and are any of the young guys ready?

Previously mentioned:
    I don't see Winnipeg as a fit, as they have two offensive first guys there already in Pionk & Morrissey.
    I think Buffalo is a horrible fit, as they have Dahlin and a glut of other decent PP defenders, or touted offensive D prospects.
    Vancouver makes no sense, since they have Quinn Hughes, so he's PP2 there, and another guy not great in his own zone.
    Colorado dealt him, and has 2, possibly 3, younger guys about as good as him or better who are likely to be cheaper.
    I feel that Hronek is the guy in Detroit, but Seider could be, and they have cap issues.

I'm not saying he doesn't end up in any of those places, but it would be dumb as the team is currently constructed.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

I was thinking Buffalo more from a cap perspective. They're one of the only teams that has room. Ottawa won't pay up for him, Colorado could actually be a fit. Devils may actually be the best way to go.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post

Anaheim has a bunch of two-way guys he's better than, so that would work if the money does.
    New Jersey has Subban who is a shell of his former self, Severson & Vatanen are not a big deal.

Longer shots:
    Boston - pending Krug, with others there. I doubt they move on from Krug to Barrie, I think Barrie is worse defensively.
    Long Island - Pulock can be surpassed, but they have cap issues, and Trotz likes defense.
    Arizona - Goligoski is old, and yes I meant to type his name. Chychrun might take over PP1 imminently, though.

Previously mentioned:
    I don't see Winnipeg as a fit, as they have two offensive first guys there already in Pionk & Morrissey.
    I think Buffalo is a horrible fit, as they have Dahlin and a glut of other decent PP defenders, or touted offensive D prospects.
    Vancouver makes no sense, since they have Quinn Hughes, so he's PP2 there, and another guy not great in his own zone.
    Colorado dealt him, and has 2, possibly 3, younger guys about as good as him or better who are likely to be cheaper.
    I feel that Hronek is the guy in Detroit, but Seider could be, and they have cap issues.

I'm not saying he doesn't end up in any of those places, but it would be dumb as the team is currently constructed.
    Vatanen got traded to Carolina.

Plausible landing spots I could see where he could get PP1 opportunity:

Chicago - could pull a Gustafsson from a couple seasons ago
    Detroit - more talent than Hronek
    Edmonton - Klefbom better suited as a minute muncher
    Pittsburgh - could fill Schultz's role, and take the reigns when Letang is injured

Each of these places have potential salary roadblocks and would need to make room, and / or Barrie would need to take a haircut.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post

Longer shots:

Previously mentioned:

I would agree. Vatanen isn't a big deal in NJ. Especially considering he's in Carolina!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Devils may actually be the best way to go.
    As an owner I am hoping either Montreal or New Jersey. He would pair up well with Hughes, Hischier, and Gusev

A couple people mentioned Chicago and that is definitely not happening. Big cap issues and Barrie is not the type of dman they need.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Buffalo

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    Buffalo
    What is their internal budget? The Pegulas have to keep up their lifestyle.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I would agree. Vatanen isn't a big deal in NJ. Especially considering he's in Carolina!
    you make a very good point here Mr. Blast!
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Screwed up on Vatanen, looked at team stats to make sure I didn't miss nayone, and noticed Vatanen ahd a bunch of points there.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think hes at around 50 points next year (he was almost on pace this year and he was awful).

As for his contract, I have no idea; not sure if you are in a cap league....

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont see Montreal as an option. They already have to re-sign Petry and then also have Weber. Both of them are right handed shooting Dmen and can run their PP. If he was a left-shooting Dman, I could see Montreal being interested. I could see him back in Colorado if the price is right for them. I think Sakic is going to push hard this summer. I won't be surprised to see MAF in Colorado before next season too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."