Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Smartwatches - Fitbit v. Galaxy v. Apple v. other

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Smartwatches - Fitbit v. Galaxy v. Apple v. other

Quote Originally Posted by legodash View Post
    Apple watch does so much more except for the most essential feature, sleep tracking.
    It also, in my mind, doesn't go with all outfits. The square face, same with fitbits, don't go with formal attire.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Out of curiosity, has anyone checked out, or owns, a Whoop fitness/sleep tracker? It's not a watch so doesn't fit the OPs need, but I am curious if anyone knows much about it? I heard the boys on Spittin' Chiclets talk about it on their podcast so I am doing some research. I dont think I'd buy it because I am not paying a monthly membership and apparently the shipping cost to Canada is ridiculous ($50 USD plus the customs charge) but wondering if anyone here has one?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I did a ton of research into Whoop as it seemed like an interesting device. In the end I decided not to get it for a number of reasons, but in the end it came down to not seeing a justification for that kind of monthly fee for something that I am not convinced will actually bring me tangible results. Yes, it will give me a ton of data, and make me feel like I am making good decisions, but after reading and reading and reading, I never felt like Heart rate variability was the magic thing that was going to take things to the next level for me. I certainly don't think there is much value to it for anyone who is not at risk of overtraining (which was my main concern), and a general resting heart rate check in the mornings, along with a realistic check of how I am feeling and what sort of training load I had been under, likely was going to give me just as much data that I needed to make good rest/train decisions.

I think it could have some value for someone who just LOVES data and wants more of it, but 30/month is an awfully steep price tag for me unless it's really going to provide noticeable differences.

There are tons of reviews out there, but DC Rainmaker has an excellent one from May that gives a fantastic rundown of the pros and cons. https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/05/...rm-review.html

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I did a ton of research into Whoop as it seemed like an interesting device. In the end I decided not to get it for a number of reasons, but in the end it came down to not seeing a justification for that kind of monthly fee for something that I am not convinced will actually bring me tangible results. Yes, it will give me a ton of data, and make me feel like I am making good decisions, but after reading and reading and reading, I never felt like Heart rate variability was the magic thing that was going to take things to the next level for me. I certainly don't think there is much value to it for anyone who is not at risk of overtraining (which was my main concern), and a general resting heart rate check in the mornings, along with a realistic check of how I am feeling and what sort of training load I had been under, likely was going to give me just as much data that I needed to make good rest/train decisions.

I think it could have some value for someone who just LOVES data and wants more of it, but 30/month is an awfully steep price tag for me unless it's really going to provide noticeable differences.

There are tons of reviews out there, but DC Rainmaker has an excellent one from May that gives a fantastic rundown of the pros and cons. https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/05/...rm-review.html
    Cool, I'll check out the link.

I agree, I dont think I'd spend that type of money each month vs a single one time payment for a device but it's an interesting concept.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by legodash View Post
    Apple watch does so much more except for the most essential feature, sleep tracking.

Despite this is a very good choice, especially for the Apple fans. My uncle has bought it recently and he is very happy.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Got a Garmin Instinct. Any users or reviews?

Dobber Sports Deity

I ended up going back to the Fitbit Versa 3 a few months ago. No regrets so far as it does all I need it to do.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I ended up going back to the Fitbit Versa 3 a few months ago. No regrets so far as it does all I need it to do.
    This is what I ended up with as well, I've had nothing but good things to say about it.