Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Robin Lehner to stay in Vegas and sign for five years

I...am your father.

Default Robin Lehner to stay in Vegas and sign for five years

Multiple sources claim that he is signing for five more years at $5M per season, and that this was agreed upon in June!

Frankly I can't think of a better landing spot for him - and it would be even better if the team traded Fleury. But we may see split starts next season, and then Fleury as a backup in his final year.

Lehner vs. Fleury
    https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...0:R:99&players[]=1236&players[]=2226
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Great One

Default Re: Robin Lehner to stay in Vegas and sign for five years

$12 mil a year for goalies. Still not as much as the Habs will be paying if they don't trade Allen...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Administrator

It makes sense for Vegas to keep both goalies if they can make it work within their budget. We're entering an era where you need at least two strong goalies to be competitive.

Three of the four remaining teams have used their goalie depth to stay in the game. Vasilevskiy is an anomaly.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It makes sense for Vegas to keep both goalies if they can make it work within their budget. We're entering an era where you need at least two strong goalies to be competitive.

Three of the four remaining teams have used their goalie depth to stay in the game. Vasilevskiy is an anomaly.
    And this will shape the Fantasy landscape further. It was already rarer to find the workhorse goalies--especially ones that win often. Now they'll be even more valuable.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

The Great One

Dallas was not a tandem. They've just been getting good play out of their back up. Tampa would be in the same boat if Vas got hurt and McElhinney stepped up and played well.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

I...am your father.

Another wrinkle
    https://twitter.com/SinBinVegas/stat...93748588486656

"It's not true. Nothing is finalized. It's kind of annoying that we are here in the conference final and people are saying things they don't know. If it would have been finalized it would have been finalized. I'm here to win a Cup not discuss this stuff."-Lehner on contract rumor
    And now I'm a little pissed at Pagnotta for saying this with such finality, and was one of the original sources I picked it up from

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Pagnotta response:
    https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/...95089197039617

I tuned in to the zoom call and heard his response. We are sticking to our report. As Lehner also mentioned, nothing has been finalized - we indicated the deal has been agreed to, but not yet signed.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Another wrinkle
    https://twitter.com/SinBinVegas/stat...93748588486656

And now I'm a little pissed at Pagnotta for saying this with such finality, and was one of the original sources I picked it up from
    It could still be true and Lehner could just be saying that to play the media too.

Wait and see; it will be 5x5 as stated. I have no doubt.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

A good lesson to learn from recent years is to take ALL "statements" with a grain of salt. In many instances, each side's statement is nowhere near the truth.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm listening to Pagnotta right now on NHL radio. He still states the deal is done but not signed. It's a done deal technically. Apparently it was agreed on back in June.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

A good lesson to learn from recent years is to take ALL "statements" with a grain of salt. In many instances, each side's statement is nowhere near the truth.
    It's not like Dobber was making big life changes based on the fact that Pagnotta reported this deal. It's hockey and it's fun. No one is taking it that seriously. And the fact that Lehner got so annoyed tells me it's probably accurate. To quote Han Solo - "...must've hit pretty close to the mark to get her so riled up, hunh kid?"
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Superstar

MAF has a "no-trade" clause as reported by puckpedia.com but not a "no movement clause". My understanding is that since he does not have a NMC the Knights are not forced to protect him from expansion Seattle. Thus, the Knights worst case scenario is they protect Lehner and lose MAF for nothing. Anyone care to confirm that is correct.

Vegas still probably prefers to move MAF, and his cap hit, for something this off season but given that MAF is not a mandatory protect it would not be terrible to lose him and his 1-year remaining to Vegas.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    MAF has a "no-trade" clause as reported by puckpedia.com but not a "no movement clause". My understanding is that since he does not have a NMC the Knights are not forced to protect him from expansion Seattle. Thus, the Knights worst case scenario is they protect Lehner and lose MAF for nothing. Anyone care to confirm that is correct.

Vegas still probably prefers to move MAF, and his cap hit, for something this off season but given that MAF is not a mandatory protect it would not be terrible to lose him and his 1-year remaining to Vegas.
    It's limited to 10 teams he can request not to be traded to.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Vegas isn't participating in the expansion draft.