Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Robin Lehner to stay in Vegas and sign for five years

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Had to dig deep for that one LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

It's been so long that Michael Nylander's SON has had a contract controversy in the NHL

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

can we get an admin to lock this thread already?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    can we get an admin to lock this thread already?
    We could but what would be the fun in that?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Had to dig deep for that one LOL!
    This shows how time flies when you get older...I did not realize that was 13 years ago already (aka as 1 Oilers playoff runs, no, appearances ago!).

The Great One

I love this... hypothetically.

As someone familiar with recovery and addiction you have to know its an ongoing thing. The a.punt of people that fully recover for life is so miniscule they don't even like to print the data cause its so disparaging but optimistically its one in ten and they're finding that number is likely skewed too high as well.

I'm such a huge fan of Let debut if you take the personalities out of this statistically speaking I think recovering and staying recovered in Vegas could prove to be extremely difficult. I hope I don't get negative feedback for this I'm just saying stating sober is already difficult and doing so in Vegas might prove even more difficult. I'm not saying he,all fails like I said I'm a huge fan and look up to the guys just pointing out its maybe not quite ideal for that one reason. He would know better than anyone though...

The Great One

I'm not expert on this, but I suspect the temptations will not be any higher in Vegas than other NHL cities. Trouble is easy enough to find, especially with all the money.

I also suspect Lehner's problems with alcohol had a lot to do with being bipolar, and it sounds like he has this under control now.

If Vegas was really a risk to his long-term health, I don't think he'd sign there.

Here's hoping he gets a long-term contract, stays healthy, and continues to play well. I'm rooting for him...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'm not expert on this, but I suspect the temptations will not be any higher in Vegas than other NHL cities. Trouble is easy enough to find, especially with all the money.

I also suspect Lehner's problems with alcohol had a lot to do with being bipolar, and it sounds like he has this under control now.

If Vegas was really a risk to his long-term health, I don't think he'd sign there.

Here's hoping he gets a long-term contract, stays healthy, and continues to play well. I'm rooting for him...
    Something my recovery buddy brought up I thought was at least interesting so I thought Id share. Id bet on Lehner though more than willing to take him on in my leagues...