Thread: Byfield’s Worth? Trade value?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Byfield’s Worth? Trade value?

League in my signature.

I guess this is sort of a relative question as everyone will have their own opinion and his value is whatever I can get for him, but I have the 2nd overall pick, Lafreniere will go 1st.

Do I just draft Byfield (he can float up and down my lineup from minors to pro for 82 games) or do I try and get an established player for him? What player should I target in a trade instead of drafting Byfield? I’m the defending back-to-back champ and think I can will again whenever 2021 starts.

I would make this trade after keepers are set and during the draft so my 8 keepers wouldn’t be impacted.

Thanks and I always rep if that matters to you.

Administrator

Default Re: Byfield’s Worth? Trade value?

Reports are Byfield is unlikely to contribute next season so if you are prepared to wait for him to contribute in a year's time then drafting him makes sense. Who to target, would be someone who could conceivably replace one of your keepers. Wheeler may be the first guy who drops out of that group (although Tkachuk is ready to take his place), but seems like if you've got the first four picks and have won B2B you're on the right track here. Don't get cocky. Stick to the formula that's kept that machine rolling. Find value if you're going to make a deal here.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm with metaldude. Don't overthink this. Your team is ridiculous so just keep doing what you're doing.
    12 Teams Keeper, Weekly H2H, Daily Starts (3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G)
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - Tavares, Scheifle, Trocheck, Granlund
    LW - BTkachuk, Stamkos, Kurashev, Mittelstadt
    RW - MTkachuk, Miller, Pavelski, Tolvanen, Zetterlund
    D - Dahlin, Josi, Hamilton, Fox, Nurse, Montour, Manson
    G - Sorokin, Saros, Ullmark

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin
    G - Schmid, Daws, Commesso, Portillo, Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I agree with md26.
    Byfield will be a solid NHL player, but he's a project-wait for a rebuilder.

If you've got a competitive fantasy team, you go for it - and use this asset as a trade piece.
    A threepeat in fantasy hockey is a VERY RARE and SPECIAL thing... totally, totally... go for it.

That said - I see no reason to trade Byfield early in the season.
    Even if he stumbles wherever he plays... his stock will be heavily valued by a rebuilding club.
    Wait until your trade deadline, and trade Byfield then for whatever stat/position your team most needs to improve.

HOLD & TRADE at trade deadline.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I see it 3 ways

1st draft Byfield and you have in the minors for a season or 2.

2nd is you sell the shit out of drafting Byfield to acquire a legit top player or strong prospect(s) with a couple future draft picks.

3rd option is to consider moving one or two of your other top 4 picks (ex 3rd and 4th overall) and use one of both of them to acquire a top flight player.

Dobber Sports Stud

Byfield won't play next year, hes literally just turned 18 a few weeks ago. Your team is already stacked though; and unless you are getting a homerun trade, keep Byfield in your minors. You are winning now, and you could have (and I believe you will; Byfieldis the real deal) have a superstar in waiting for you.

Dobber Sports Superstar

use him to acquire a player who better fits your window age wise. I'm not saying this pick is enough but if you can acquire the likes of Scheifele to maximize the production of Wheeler while he still has it, that is far more beneficial to you than waiting on Quinton's development.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks guys. I will stick with what I’m doing and draft Byfield. The draft Byfield and trade at the deadline is a very interesting strategy.

Rep to all.