Thread: Caps interview Gallant and Babcock? Hire Laviolette

The Great One

Default Caps interview Gallant and Babcock? Hire Laviolette

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/20...aching-vacancy

Kinda polar opposites there. If I'm a player in that room and they hire Babcock I'm immediately checked out. The guys is a huge *******. He'll lose the room before he even sets foot on property. It's too soon. Heck, it may never be the right time with all the crap he has pulled with players. Hiring him would be asinine.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Caps interview Gallant and Babcock?

I love Gallant and I think he'd do well in Washington, but you really have to wonder why he's been let go from his past two jobs mid-season when his teams have been doing well. There's got to be more to this story than is getting out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

What about Bruce Boudreau
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I love Gallant and I think he'd do well in Washington, but you really have to wonder why he's been let go from his past two jobs mid-season when his teams have been doing well. There's got to be more to this story than is getting out.
    I wonder this also. I really don't know anything about him, but he sure seemed to perform miracles with Vegas.

That said, Vegas has done well without him, so maybe Gallant had nothing to do with him. I like to believe that he set the tone early that has led to the immediate and continued success of that franchise, but maybe that's giving him too much credit.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Genius

Heard Laviolette was in the mix too.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    Heard Laviolette was in the mix too.....
    Yes - sorry, should have mentioned that. This story was about the two additional interviewees. Word is they will hire one of the three - Laviolette, Babcock (barf), or Gallant (gets my vote).
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    What about Bruce Boudreau
    He's going to be an assistant in Toronto...or hadn't you heard?

WWHHHAMMMY!!!!

2011 DreamWorks Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy - [Base] #5 - Champ Kind
    Courtesy of COMC.com
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Titan

I think Babcock would not be a great fit in Washington, I don't know why though.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I think Babcock would not be a great fit in Washington, I don't know why though.
    I do - because every player in the league knows he's a class A dick head.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Yes. but sometimes the problem is higher up in the management chain. I used to work with someone who got let go from 3 straight jobs. I had worked with her ex-boss at a prior job, and that boss was a petty tyrant wannabe before they got promoted. The job where I worked with her my horrible supervisor got promoted to management in a department he used to work with, and his former friends started hating him in 3 months. So he started firing people, and trust me his evaluations were always suspect. "Helps coworkers too much when they have problems" is an example of a negative point when evaluating whether somebody is a team player. Dude would literally ask people if they were ready to go postal yet and kill him. Many of them found work with a single new company doing very similar work to what they were doing, since the first couple worked out well, and came recomended.

Mergers & layoffs happened where I was still working, including me, and that boss managed to get what was left of his team to go as part of the merger to that single new company. A year later, 90% of his team was gone in a downsizing, but he kept his job.

If you're wondering about Gallant, you need to be doing more than that about Babcock.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Yes. but sometimes the problem is higher up in the management chain. I used to work with someone who got let go from 3 straight jobs. I had worked with her ex-boss at a prior job, and that boss was a petty tyrant wannabe before they got promoted. The job where I worked with her my horrible supervisor got promoted to management in a department he used to work with, and his former friends started hating him in 3 months. So he started firing people, and trust me his evaluations were always suspect. "Helps coworkers too much when they have problems" is an example of a negative point when evaluating whether somebody is a team player. Dude would literally ask people if they were ready to go postal yet and kill him. Many of them found work with a single new company doing very similar work to what they were doing, since the first couple worked out well, and came recomended.

Mergers & layoffs happened where I was still working, including me, and that boss managed to get what was left of his team to go as part of the merger to that single new company. A year later, 90% of his team was gone in a downsizing, but he kept his job.

If you're wondering about Gallant, you need to be doing more than that about Babcock.
    I dont care about Babcock though
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Gallant gets my vote as well. Could be an electric combination. Lets ignore Babcocks reputation for a moment. I don't think he works because he likes to spread the ice time to thin. The Caps still need to let the horses run.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I wonder this also. I really don't know anything about him, but he sure seemed to perform miracles with Vegas.

That said, Vegas has done well without him, so maybe Gallant had nothing to do with him. I like to believe that he set the tone early that has led to the immediate and continued success of that franchise, but maybe that's giving him too much credit.
    I think Gallant could be a great motivator ; a guy who you'd go through a wall for . But perhaps he's a little less sharp than others when it comes to x's and o's (just a hunch) .

Dobber Sports Titan

Peter Laviollette hired.

3yr, 12mill deal.

Trotz makes 20mill/5yr deal with the Islanders. Pretty sure they offered less than 4mill to Trotz who made 1.5mill in his final yr with the Caps.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Peter Laviollette hired.

3yr, 12mill deal.

Trotz makes 20mill/5yr deal with the Islanders. Pretty sure they offered less than 4mill to Trotz who made 1.5mill in his final yr with the Caps.
    Another case of millionaire (billionaire?) morons pinching pennies and screwing up in the short term for no long term gain.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.