Thread: #2 Pick

Dobber Sports Expert

Default #2 Pick

Standard 10-team league non-snake, start 2RB, 3WR, 1TE Flex (RB/WR).

After keepers, I have 2nd overall pick with Zeke (1st), Chubb (11th) and Lamar (13th) as my three keepers.

So with 2nd overall, options I see are Cook, Mixon, CEH, Kelce & Kittle. WR is deep for the middle rounds but the high-end guys are gone (not going Golladay there).

My early ranking is CEH-Mixon-Cook. Thoughts? My 1-10 pick is locked into Zeke and 2-10 will be my next (which will be pick 15 after factoring keepers).

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: #2 Pick

You already have two pretty good RBs. Are you thinking of another one for your flex? You didnt list a TE in your OP but I assume you start one of those as well. Someone like Kittle at that spot would be a dandy get in my eyes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You already have two pretty good RBs. Are you thinking of another one for your flex? You didnt list a TE in your OP but I assume you start one of those as well. Someone like Kittle at that spot would be a dandy get in my eyes.
    Nice catch, yes we can start 1 TE.

That's why I included Kittle and Kelce because they are so much higher than the next tier. My thinking on the Mixon-Cook-CEH is exactly what you predicted, start one in the flex and basically trot out 3xRB1s each week.

I've been in the finals 4 of the last 5 years, winning 3 times only losing thanks to a Gurley last minute injury. I just had Kamara as well and moved him for a boat load of picks (I'll probably regret it but whatever change is fun). My teams have predominantly been built on 3 stud RBs and I've survived with sleepers and tier 2/3 WRs. Here's how I see the top available to draft (in no particular order); I have picks 2, 10 (Zeke) 15 and 17:

RBs: Cook, CEH, Mixon, Sanders, Carson, Fournette, Taylor, Mostert, RJones
    WR: J.Jones, ARob, Golladay, Moore, Green, Cooper, Lockett, AJ Brown
    TEs: Kelce, Kittle, Ertz

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I always like to target the RB on top teams cause those are the teams that will score the most points.

With that in mind

I would rank them:

CEH
    Cook
    Mixon.

My personal preference I am thinking I take Cook cause he is not the rookie. But the rookie has a lot of things going for him on the better offense.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I always like to target the RB on top teams cause those are the teams that will score the most points.

With that in mind

I would rank them:

CEH
    Cook
    Mixon.

My personal preference I am thinking I take Cook cause he is not the rookie. But the rookie has a lot of things going for him on the better offense.
    I agree with PH. The RB talents here are way too elite to pass up. You would be locking in 3 top 14 players (in a yearly draft assuming Chubb is 14thish) and then the top QB.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would go with CEH if he is there. I hate drafting rookies RBs, but his skill and situation are too much to pass up.

I have Cook as a close 2nd. Hard to ignore the injury concerns, but damn if he can stay healthy he may lead the league.

Dobber Sports Expert

I am leaning CEH or Mixon (think they have a nice offense this year; not great but nice). I have a feeling Cook should go #1 but the guy picking at the top is a bit of a wild card and he may go with the rookie. Its a tough decision for a good reason lol. Appreciate all the feedback.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    I am leaning CEH or Mixon (think they have a nice offense this year; not great but nice). I have a feeling Cook should go #1 but the guy picking at the top is a bit of a wild card and he may go with the rookie. Its a tough decision for a good reason lol. Appreciate all the feedback.
    Any chance OBJ is available? I have a feeling OBJ could go #2....

And good point about Mixon... the offense is better this year so that should mean that he will have more scoring opportunities. Mixon was a top end RB last year on a bad team. Put him on a better offense and he should improve fantasy wise. Good call.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Expert

Cook ended up going #1, and I decided Mixon at #2. I don't love Moore in the 2nd (factor out all the big name WRs because it is a keeper) but i love getting Andrews in the 3rd for the stack with Lamar. Here is how my picks played out:
    1-2 - Joe Mixon (RB)
    1-10 - Ezekiel Elliott (RB, keeper)
    2-10 - DJ Moore (WR)
    3-2 - Mark Andrews (TE)
    3-10 - Robert Woods (WR)
    5-10 - AJ Green (WR)
    6-2 - Zack Moss (RB)
    7-10 - Anthony Miller (WR)
    8-10 - Phillip Lindsay (RB)
    9-2 - Latavius Murray (RB)
    9-10 - Pittsburgh (DST, only went this early because I was just hammering out bench players. I was one of only two teams who could afford to go DST this early)
    11-10 - Nick Chubb (RB, keeper)
    12-10 - Bryan Edwards (WR)
    13-10 - Lamar Jackson (QB, keeper)
    14-10 - Zane Gonzalez (K)
    15-10 - Jalen Reagor (WR)

QB: Jackson
    RB: Zeke, Mixon, Chubb, Moss, Lindsay, Murray
    WR: Moore, Woods, Green, Miller, Edwards, Reagor
    TE: Andrews
    K: Gonzalez
    DST: Pittsburgh