Thread: Which RB and QB to start?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Which RB and QB to start?

So in my keeper league, I have a flex spot open for one of Zach Moss (vs NYJ) or Cam Akers (vs DAL). League settings are as follows:

Rushing
    Every 20 rushing yards (RY20) 1
    TD Rush (RTD) 6
    2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR) 2
    100-199 yard rushing game (RY100) 3
    200+ yard rushing game (RY200) 6

Receiving
    Every 20 receiving yards (REY20) 1
    Each reception (REC) 0.5
    TD Reception (RETD) 6
    2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2
    100-199 yard receiving game (REY100) 3
    200+ yard receiving game (REY200) 6

I also have to decide between Jared Goff (vs DAL) or Gardiner Minshew (vs Indy)

Passing
    Every 50 passing yards (PY50) 1
    TD Pass (PTD) 6
    Interceptions Thrown (INT) -2.5
    2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 2
    300-399 yard passing game (P300) 3
    400+ yard passing game (P400) 3
    Sacked (SK)

Who ya got??
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Which RB and QB to start?

Akers by a kilometre. Henderson is injured at the moment and even if he gets clearance, there's no guarantee that he'll get significant time. Akers has been getting the ball as an RB1 in practice. I think that this Sunday's game is going to be shootout so there will be lots of opportunities for Akers to catch dump passes. Moss is the new Frank Gore in Buffalo, meaning that he'll get TD opportunities, but he's not going to take away Singletary's time. And with Buffalo, the best goal-line back is the quarterback, so I question what opportunities Moss will get.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Winden, DEU.
    Haha... but what YEAR?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Akers by a kilometre. Henderson is injured at the moment and even if he gets clearance, there's no guarantee that he'll get significant time. Akers has been getting the ball as an RB1 in practice. I think that this Sunday's game is going to be shootout so there will be lots of opportunities for Akers to catch dump passes. Moss is the new Frank Gore in Buffalo, meaning that he'll get TD opportunities, but he's not going to take away Singletary's time. And with Buffalo, the best goal-line back is the quarterback, so I question what opportunities Moss will get.
    This story came out yesterday and making me question Akers or Moss. I originally had Akers in there in my flex but now I am questioning that decision.

https://www.nfl.com/news/sean-mcvay-...ion-vs-cowboys

Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay is "optimistic" that running back Darrell Henderson will be ready for Week 1 after dealing with a hamstring injury. If so, McVay will get the three-headed backfield committee -- Cam Akers, Malcolm Brown and Henderson -- he desires to kick off the 2020 campaign against the Dallas Cowboys.

"If he is (healthy), that's a three-back rotation that you feel really good about," McVay said Monday, via the L.A. Daily News. "Exactly how those carries will be distributed is something we'll determine really as the week progresses and as the game unfolds."

McVay has insisted all offseason he hopes to ride a committee backfield after years of having a workhorse in Todd Gurley.

From an outside perspective -- and of more importance to the Fantasy Football Community -- Akers seems like the most likely to slide ahead and take the majority of snaps. But McVay poured a bit of cold water on the rookie's expectations, at least early in the season.

"Cam is continuing to get better," McVay said Monday. "You forget sometimes he's a young player. We are going to ask a lot of him."

As the season wears on, Akers could earn a bigger role as McVay becomes more comfortable with the rookie, and the back proves he can pass block. Until then, expect all three backs to see snaps and touches to open the year.

"I think as the season unfolds, that might give us some clarity if someone separates themselves," McVay said. "But we're going to go into it with three different backs, three different skill sets, that present a change of pace and different dynamic that they can present to defenses.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Moss and Minshew here.

Minshew for garbage time plus he can get points on the ground. Moss has been a standout in Buffalo's camp for a run first team. He is a bigger body and Singletary has security issues. Akers is going to be the Rams lead back eventually but I see his role limited in week 1 with Brown leading the charge.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ya, I originally had Akers, but the news from McVay has me holding back. I think I also go Moss.

Minshew for sure over Goff.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^Winden, DEU.
    Haha... but what YEAR?
    My calendar says that it is the day before die Apokalypse.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

With the recent news of Akers being the 3rd RB on the depth chart... i am hesitant to go with him. And I think that Dallas is going to get up and LAR are going to be playing from behind. So at RB I go with Moss. Which I think Buffalo gets up on NYJ and they hand the ball off lots in the late stages.

AS for QB. as I mentioned above, I think Dallas will get up on LAR and Goff will be playing from behind and throwing the ball lots. So I go with Goff
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would go with Goff and Moss

Dobber Sports Deity

Back to asking about my QB situation this week.

Goff vs the Giants or Minshew vs Cincy. Both are favorable matchups and right now, going by ESPNs pregame rankings, they predict Minshew will outscore Goff 16.1 vs 13.6.

Anyone disagree with ESPN and would start Goff over Minshew?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Back to asking about my QB situation this week.

Goff vs the Giants or Minshew vs Cincy. Both are favorable matchups and right now, going by ESPNs pregame rankings, they predict Minshew will outscore Goff 16.1 vs 13.6.

Anyone disagree with ESPN and would start Goff over Minshew?
    My thoughts are:

- LA Rams will get up on NY Giants early and be up for the hole game. Therefore they will not need to throw lots and Goff won't have a great game. The RBs will. NYG suck and I expect it to continue.

- I think the Jax/Cincy game could be a high-scoring game. I know it is possible that Jax just tries to run the ball as well even in a high scoring game.

- I am hoping that DJ Chark will be back and that will help Minshew out significantly.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would go with Minshew. I think LA absolutely pounds NYG, so Goff may have some nice 1st half numbers, but its going to be all run game in 2nd half.

JAX/CIN could be a surprisingly entertaining game. I think Minshew will have a pretty good game.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm going with Goff this week in one of my leagues, but the guys are making strong cases for Minshew. I'd probably roll with Minshew between those two guys.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Expert

The arguments for the Rams being up early can be said for the Jags as well. JAX and CIN are both bad football teams.

I would lean Minshew by a hair here as he also has some rushing upside as well.