Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dune

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Dune

Trailer to finally be released in a few hours. Been waiting for this for a long time and COVID obviously put a big question mark around its release.

Cannot wait.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Dune

About time. Finally read the book about two years ago now. Curious to see how they do the movie.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Absolutely stacked cast;

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160419/

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Absolutely stacked cast;

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160419/
    WOW. That is a loaded lineup. Surprised I haven't heard more about the production.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    WOW. That is a loaded lineup. Surprised I haven't heard more about the production.
    And I loved BladeRunner 2049 so I am very excited to see what he does with Dune.

Dobber Sports Titan

Can't say I was as big on blade runner.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, I've never been able to make it through the original Blade Runner. Tried several times. I love Sci-Fi, but for some reason that one just was a huge dud for me. Didn't even attempt watching to 2049 for that reason.

I'm not as high on the cast as others to be honest, so I am pretty nervous that this will not be a good movie. Really hoping to be surprised though. It's a pretty difficult story to translate well into movie format in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Yeah, I've never been able to make it through the original Blade Runner. Tried several times. I love Sci-Fi, but for some reason that one just was a huge dud for me. Didn't even attempt watching to 2049 for that reason.

I'm not as high on the cast as others to be honest, so I am pretty nervous that this will not be a good movie. Really hoping to be surprised though. It's a pretty difficult story to translate well into movie format in my opinion.
    I was never high on the original Blade Runner either. But I just thought everything about the new one clicked so well. Give it a shot.

Dobber Sports Star

At this point, if Denis Villeneuve is directing, I'm 100% in on it. Even if the movie isn't a complete success, I know he's going to bring me things that I've never seen before. But so far, Enemy, Sicario, Arrival, and BR 2049 have been big wins in my eyes.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    At this point, if Denis Villeneuve is directing, I'm 100% in on it. Even if the movie isn't a complete success, I know he's going to bring me things that I've never seen before. But so far, Enemy, Sicario, Arrival, and BR 2049 have been big wins in my eyes.
    Agree wholeheartedly.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Dobber Sports Initiate

Really good book. I recommand it
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I was never high on the original Blade Runner either. But I just thought everything about the new one clicked so well. Give it a shot.
    Interesting, if you didn't like the first one, but liked the newer one then maybe it's worth it. I'll have to check it out if it pops up on one of the streaming services.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Interesting, if you didn't like the first one, but liked the newer one then maybe it's worth it. I'll have to check it out if it pops up on one of the streaming services.
    BR 2049 is worth it solely for the Roger Deakins cinematography. Such amazing pictures that you rarely see.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I will catch this once it hits DVD probably. Not going to the theaters anytime soon.

Novels are great, the 1984 movie was pretty envoyable, and the boardgames are good as well.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.