Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rebuild

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Rebuild

Hi, took over a team in a 16 tean h2h points league. Previous owner pushed the team right to the cap. Some okay players but goalies are abysmal and no draft picks this year and no first rounder next year.

I've begun the rebuild. Two of my top players are Ryan O'Reilly and Couturier.

I've got an offer of Couturier and ROR for

Morgan Frost,
    Sam Poulin,
    Lawrence Crouse
    21 1st round pick
    22 1st round pick.

Thoughts?

It seems like a lot but it's a chance to rebuild for future.

Categories are G,A, +/-, PM's, blocks, hits, pp pts, sh pts.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Rebuild

With only the current information available, I'd say that that is too much to pay. Even if you are rebuilding and everyone knows you're rebuilding, I'd try to focus on as many one for one deals as you can get where the prospect you're getting back is significant. I know Frost currently sits at #2 on the site's top 200 prospect forwards list, but I don't think he's someone who moves the needle. He's a complementary piece.

Your post doesn't describe what the keepers are or what the draft is. Full keeper dynasty? Are the draftees only rookies drafted in that summer's NHL draft? Answers to these would help guide the analysis.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Hi, took over a team in a 16 tean h2h points league. Previous owner pushed the team right to the cap. Some okay players but goalies are abysmal and no draft picks this year and no first rounder next year.

I've begun the rebuild. Two of my top players are Ryan O'Reilly and Couturier.

I've got an offer of Couturier and ROR for

Morgan Frost,
    Sam Poulin,
    Lawrence Crouse
    21 1st round pick
    22 1st round pick.

Thoughts?

It seems like a lot but it's a chance to rebuild for future.

Categories are G,A, +/-, PM's, blocks, hits, pp pts, sh pts.

Thanks
    Even if you’re rebuilding, those are two very good players you’re giving up. I like Frost, but those picks would need to be significantly higher for me to be tempted.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Full Keeper league. 25 minor league spots. Draftees are usually this year's draftees. Or free agents if you wish.

Other guys I could ask for include Barret Hayton, Kirby Dach, Connor McMichael, Filip Zadina, Joseph Will.

- - - Updated - - -

5 round draft each year. For rookies

Dobber Sports Ace

Full Keeper league. 25 minor league spots. Draftees are usually this year's draftees. Or free agents if you wish.

Other guys I could ask for include Barret Hayton, Kirby Dach, Connor McMichael, Filip Zadina, Joseph Will.

- - - Updated - - -

Zadina or Dach would be more appealing to me, personally, than Poulin. If those first round picks are just for drafting this upcoming class, you’re not going to get much that would excite me. I’d be trying to get top 10 at the very least. Cap be damned, you’re still giving up the TWO best players in the deal. The other GM should for sure upgrade the prospects and picks. Maybe instead of both firsts, ask for just one, but get him to add a couple more of the prospects you mentioned..?
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If it's a points league, can you with dominating skating and crap goaltending?

Can you simply cut guys who cost too much?

I'd rather jettison somebody borderline & expensive than trade off good players for lesser ones & cap savings. Frost is nice, and the picks may or may not be good, but you are going to take a beating this year anyway, so it might be better to wait and trade once the season starts.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I could potentially. I'm trying to limit details because of fear that someone is watching this post.

I've cut a few guys so far but the free agent list is pretty picked over.

Dobber Sports Star

None of the guys you list are great choices. Good assets, certainly. But none of them look like guys who will ever approach what O'Reilly or Couturier have already done. They're all a step below. Hayton and Dach are more two-way guys than point producers. McMichael was great last year but that doesn't get him into the top tier. I don't know what Zadina is anymore.

For draftees, if you're not getting a top 5 pick, then I wouldn't put a lot of value on them. This is especially true for the 2021 draft, which seems like a weaker fantasy draft. I would shoot for 2022 picks if you could as there seems to be 3 superstars at the top. Also, if you can get any 2020 picks in the top 9 or 10, that would be helpful.

-

To add to what Stevegamer said, you might have more leverage during the year when people who are in contention would love to have those assets to get them over the top. There might be some trading partners who don't yet know that they're going to want your number.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Bad return imo...I love full rebuilds and done two successful ones in the past...doing another one now...I would suggest trading those players separately...RoR alone would be worth frost and 2 first rounders at least
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Novice

Yea like everyone else has said, you're giving up 2 very good players for a bunch of maybes. Those first round draft picks wont be ready for for 3 years from the draft date. So you are getting Frost, Poulin and Crouse until then. You should be getting more significant prospects than what has been offered.
    16 team Dynasty, Weekly, Fantrax

G(5), A(2.5), SOG(0.5), PPP(1.5), SHP(2), HIT(0.6), BLK(0.6), FOW(0.1)
    W(4), L(-2), GA(-3), SV(0.5), SHO(5), A(3)
    3 Center, 3 RW, 3 LW, 1 F, 6 D, 2 G, 6 Bench

Skaters
    C: Zibanejad, Hischier, R. Strome, J Staal, Duchene, Pageau,
    Laughton
    LW: Connor, Forsberg, Fiala, J Robertson, Blais
    RW: Bjorkstrand, Tuch, Dube
    D: Hamilton, Theodore, Pulock, Ferraro, Hamonic, Hagg
    G: Bishop, Price, Francouz, Petersen

Minors
    C: Lavoie, Iskhakov, Protas, M.E. Pettersen
    LW: N.Robertson, Tracey, Greig
    RW: Holtz, Dube, Lind, Reichel
    D: Valimaki, Clague, Gildon, Farrance
    G: Petersen, DiPietro, Swayman, Vadar

Administrator

I thought maybe you could sell me on that package for one of your top two, not both. I'd try shopping them as individual parts and see if you can't double or triple your return if you are committed to rebuilding.

But honestly, you could probably go the other direction as long as you are willing to grind and incrementally improve with each deal you could likely become competitive without a tear down.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I thought maybe you could sell me on that package for one of your top two, not both. I'd try shopping them as individual parts and see if you can't double or triple your return if you are committed to rebuilding.

But honestly, you could probably go the other direction as long as you are willing to grind and incrementally improve with each deal you could likely become competitive without a tear down.
    This is basically what I usually come to say to rebuild posts as well, just said more succinctly.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks everyone. I backed away from the deal. Only thing I wish is I had people who are willing to take deals discuss Ed on hear. Or if they do then, it's not with me. Just saw a trade. Two fifth rounders and backup Georgiev for Evan Bouchard and a 1st.... Ugh. I'll hold on to everyone.

Dobber Sports Padawan

- - - Updated - - -

I like Dach, Zadina and McMichael.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Initiate

That is a bad return for both players included.
    It would be an ok return for 1 of those guys. Something to start the conversation, but the players coming back need to be of much better quality.

I would target Dach. He is the #2 centre for Chicago, not Strome and will eventually move into their #1 centre. He did nothing but come back stronger and faster from the break before playoffs. Chicago has more faith in him going forward then Strome( they like him still, but had a up and down year). Dach is the guy they want to help build around with DeBrincat, Kubalik and etc.