Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Drafting 8th in 0.5 PPR

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Drafting 8th in 0.5 PPR

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yep I love grabbing them there but am also intrigued by Lamar or Mahomes in round 4, which means I don't want to wait to round 5 for a WR. But we shall see.
    They are always intriguing but there is so much QB value around the league that I think your points above replacement are more valuable at WR than QB

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    They are always intriguing but there is so much QB value around the league that I think your points above replacement are more valuable at WR than QB
    Normally I agree. But I just think Lamar/Mahomes provide such an advantage because of how much they run.

Dobber Sports Expert

True for Lamar. I can understand him more than Mahomes at that spot.

Mahomes doesn't run as much as you think. If you want a dual threat, I would target Murray, Allen or Watson a few rounds later.

Dobber Sports Immortal

True for Lamar. I can understand him more than Mahomes at that spot.

Mahomes doesn't run as much as you think. If you want a dual threat, I would target Murray, Allen or Watson a few rounds later.
    And if all else fails I hope to snag Minshew really late. He runs and they will be terrible so he will be chucking the ball all over the place.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Just an FYI, push Akers down your list. Questions on his usage to start the season. Currently listed as RB3 for week 1.

Who knows if it's a smokescreen, but it's enough of a red flag to cause concern.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm curious to know how this ended up going.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I've seen some who value Kamara a tad more than Zeke, but I dont know of anyone who values Derick Henry more than Zeke. That one is a head scratcher for me. Hell, I know some who had Zeke at 2 in a 0.5 PPR but the top three were pretty much CMC, Barkley and then Zeke.
    Further context, if it's useful. It was an ESPN draft, and I joined as a "rookie" - since it's the first time I've ever done an NFL draft. Based on all the research I did, Derick Henry should have gone 5th AT best. I had him on my do not draft list lol

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    I'm curious to know how this ended up going.
    I really don't love my team and I think this is why I tried to get 3rd or 4th overall. I think it's mainly because Davante fell to me in round 2! So even though I wanted to go 2 RB I couldn't pass up Adams. And that set me on a pretty long streak of not taking a RB 2 haha.

I wanted DJ Moore in round 3 and then Gurley went right before I took Kupper in round 4. Other RBs that were around were Taylor, DJ, Bell, Hunt, Melvin....and to be honest I barely like them more than Fournette. Hoping to survive until byes and luck into an injury because Im loaded with handcuffs.

FYI we have 2 flex.

1.8 - CEH (great start)
    2. 13 - Davante
    3.28 - DJ Moore
    4.33 - Cooper Kupp
    5.48 - Calvin Ridley
    6.53 - Tyler Higbee
    7.68 - Kyler
    8.73 - Fournette
    9.88 - JK Dobbins
    10.93 - Gibson
    11.108 - Chase Edmonds
    12.113 - Darrell Williams (KC)
    13.128 - Boston

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I really don't love my team and I think this is why I tried to get 3rd or 4th overall. I think it's mainly because Davante fell to me in round 2! So even though I wanted to go 2 RB I couldn't pass up Adams. And that set me on a pretty long streak of not taking a RB 2 haha.

I wanted DJ Moore in round 3 and then Gurley went right before I took Kupper in round 4. Other RBs that were around were Taylor, DJ, Bell, Hunt, Melvin....and to be honest I barely like them more than Fournette. Hoping to survive until byes and luck into an injury because Im loaded with handcuffs.

FYI we have 2 flex.

1.8 - CEH (great start)
    2. 13 - Davante
    3.28 - DJ Moore
    4.33 - Cooper Kupp
    5.48 - Calvin Ridley
    6.53 - Tyler Higbee
    7.68 - Kyler
    8.73 - Fournette
    9.88 - JK Dobbins
    10.93 - Gibson
    11.108 - Chase Edmonds
    12.113 - Darrell Williams (KC)
    13.128 - Boston
    Really like your contingent of WRs in a PPR....how the heck did Adams slip to 13th pick??

If Fournette takes over number 1 duties and its not a full blown RBBC then I think you're in real good shape.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Really like your contingent of WRs in a PPR....how the heck did Adams slip to 13th pick??

If Fournette takes over number 1 duties and its not a full blown RBBC then I think you're in real good shape.
    I hope so. Since we start 2 RB, 2 WR and 2 flex, I'm hoping I survive by having my weakest link be my RB 2 instead of my 2nd Flex.