Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time to buy low?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Time to buy low?

It has been stated that Mikael Granlund will test free agency. Depending on where he'll land or which role he will have to play, he could be fantasy relevant again.
    Where do you guys see him?
    What kind of production do you think he'll put up away from Nashville?
    Team-1
    F: MacKinnon, Panarin, Marner, Pettersson, Debrincat, Seguin, Laine, Pacioretty, e.Lindholm, Nugent-Hopkins, Burakovsky, Tarasenko, Marchessault (13 counting)
    Olofsson, W.Karlsson, Yamamoto, Denisenko, McMichael, Lapierre, Jenik, Chinakhov

D: Josi, Makar, McAvoy, Dahlin, Ellis (5 counting)
    J.Ahcan

G: Hart, Markstrom (2 counting)
    Gibson
    Points only, No salary cap, 1pt/goal, 1pt/assist, 2pts for a goalie W, +3 points for a shutout, 1pt for an overtime L.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Time to buy low?

Hard to say about his production without knowing his destination. Some teams can use top line wingers for offense but it depends on his asking price too. Edmonton has limited cap space but he'd be a nice fit there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

He can't get lower. I don't think I'd pay up much of anything (but I don't think he's cost much of anything), and I do think he could be a nice add, depending on destination.
    I have been thinking he'd be a nice, cheap add for the Nucks. Ideally he's cheaper and would require less term than Toffoli, and I'm not sure there's much dropoff. Oilers are another great suggestion. Pitt is always an intriguing destination.

He went from a mediocre situation (Minnesota's Cs aren't exactly world-beaters) to an even less desirable situation (Nashville hasn't had one great C, let alone one for second line). I think, if he's smart, he'll be in a much better spot next year.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hard to say about his production without knowing his destination. Some teams can use top line wingers for offense but it depends on his asking price too. Edmonton has limited cap space but he'd be a nice fit there.
    For sure!
    I can't help but considering a come-back in Minnesota where he did great.
    With guys like Fiala and Kaprizov, it'd be interesting.
    Also, another team in which he would've potentialy been a nice fit would be Dallas.
    They are lacking a 2c.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd expect he does more. Nashville is a place where forward production goes to die.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Granlund is a very talented, and capable 2nd line center. I can see lots of teams giving him a shot. I can't see his value getting any lower. I feel that Nashville was probably the worse team in the NHL for him. I suspect he'd flirt with at least 60 points on most other teams, and if he lands on a team that puts a superstar on his line, maybe he gets closer to 70 pts. We will have to see where he signs.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm sure the Rangers will give him a call as 2C is in need of addressing.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    Would they give it as easily to Granlund after Strome's breakout?
    Maybe he'll be a cheaper option than trying to hold on Strome though.
    Team-1
    F: MacKinnon, Panarin, Marner, Pettersson, Debrincat, Seguin, Laine, Pacioretty, e.Lindholm, Nugent-Hopkins, Burakovsky, Tarasenko, Marchessault (13 counting)
    Olofsson, W.Karlsson, Yamamoto, Denisenko, McMichael, Lapierre, Jenik, Chinakhov

J.Ahcan

Gibson
    Points only, No salary cap, 1pt/goal, 1pt/assist, 2pts for a goalie W, +3 points for a shutout, 1pt for an overtime L.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterX57 View Post
    Would they give it as easily to Granlund after Strome's breakout?
    Maybe he'll be a cheaper option than trying to hold on Strome though.
    all depends on what Strome wants but NY has to be careful what they spend because they could easily end up like the Leafs spending absurd amounts of the cap on the likes of four forwards and that's not counting Trouba's absurd contract. Strome is not worth more than $4 mil a year IMO but at 26 years old he will prob look for more and they cannot hand that out to him as he is more than likely a product of Panarin. I cannot see him producing like this without Artemi on his wing, he's a solid player but I do not trust the production this season honestly.

Dobber Sports Initiate

all depends on what Strome wants but NY has to be careful what they spend because they could easily end up like the Leafs spending absurd amounts of the cap on the likes of four forwards and that's not counting Trouba's absurd contract. Strome is not worth more than $4 mil a year IMO but at 26 years old he will prob look for more and they cannot hand that out to him as he is more than likely a product of Panarin. I cannot see him producing like this without Artemi on his wing, he's a solid player but I do not trust the production this season honestly.

I would probably trade Strome right now. He's never going to be worth that much again IMO
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Although he has been consistantly producing all season, I agree with the fact it just might be because he plays with Panarin.
    Rangers will have to trade or let go of either Deangelo or Fox if they don't trade Trouba.
    Won't be possible to keep all 3 in New York considering Trouba's contract.
    Let's not forget Chytil is there as well.
    I see him taking over the 2c soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    I would probably trade Strome right now. He's never going to be worth that much again IMO
    Isn't he an UFA?
    Team-1

J.Ahcan

Gibson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I have a suspicion that the NYR are going to look very closely at Quinton Byfield as the solution to their C needs.

As regards Granlund, he would be a great fit in Winnipeg playing alongside his fellow Finn, Laine.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TornBetween2Pucks View Post
    I have a suspicion that the NYR are going to look very closely at Quinton Byfield as the solution to their C needs.

As regards Granlund, he would be a great fit in Winnipeg playing alongside his fellow Finn, Laine.
    True
    Team-1

J.Ahcan

Gibson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

As Eakin's contract is done (around 4M), the Jets could offer him a great 1 year deal giving him the opportunity to bounce back.
    Team-1

J.Ahcan

Gibson

Dobber Sports Genius

Granlund should be so cheap he is almost free. Great guy to roll the dice on. It is goi g to depend on where he lands. If the price is right... BUY.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"