Thread: Jenik

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Jenik

With the current mess Arizona may be facing, anyone see Jenik getting a real shot at making the team? If so, how would you see him performing if he sticks?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Jenik

He's in Europe next year, but he's a hell of a player so I see him in Arizona for 2021-22 for sure.

He's very skilled and plays with alot of drive. He's going to get all the opportunities in the world but that team is a mess. I see him as a 2nd line centre, potentially a David Krejci type (that's his potential and similar styles).

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't see him as being loaned or signed in Europe yet, so I think he's got a shot to make the Coyotes. More likely a year away, though.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I don't see him as being loaned or signed in Europe yet, so I think he's got a shot to make the Coyotes. More likely a year away, though.
    You are right; I swear I saw somewhere that he signed a deal in Europe. I still think he's a year away at least....

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just piggybacking on this thread a bit, any owners worried that Jenik's injury last WJC could stifle his skating/development will be pleased to see this goal. 2 games in Mestis, his first games in nearly a year, and he has 2G with 2A.

Maybe he will see some NHL time next season. He came to the OHL after being drafted so he's not bound by the NHL/CHL agreement and if he plays well in Tuscon (assuming there is an AHL season) he could be one of the first guys called up if needed.