Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Post-Draft Moves/Thoughts

  1. #1
    Rep Power
    10

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Post-Draft Moves/Thoughts

    Hey everyone, would love to get some thoughts after draft day. A bit nervous about my defending champs. I came into the draft (round 5 equivalent after 4 keepers each) with Michael Thomas, Julio Jones, Nick Chubb, and DJ Moore, so getting RB help was the priority. Of course, after winning the league, I drafted 12th in each round, putting me way behind the eight ball. 12 team PPR.

    Round 1 (12 overall - equivalent of 60th overall) - Jonathan Taylor (RB - IND) - The choices had already thinned way out here, but I was basically stuck between him, Le'veon Bell, and Melvin Gordon. I went Taylor because of his upside in a dynasty league where you can keep some players forever without penalty. However, after the dust settled, I realized I may have taken a third string RB as my RB2. Make me feel better? haha

    Round 2 (equivalent of 72nd overall) - TY Hilton - with an increasingly thin draft board, I took BPA. Our league has 3 WR and a full flex, so I figure to go into things with 4 WRs starting each week. Don't love Hilton, but given who was available, it felt like the way to go. Passed on A. Gibson, Parker, Boyd, Dobbins, Howard, Swift etc.

    Won't go every round, but my team ended as:

    QB: Wentz, D. Jones
    RB: Chubb, Taylor, T. Cohen, L. Murray, D. Henderson, Snell
    WR: Thomas, Jones, Moore, Hilton, A. Miller
    TE: T. Higbee, Herndon

    Some notable free agents: Roethlisberger, Jimmy G, Tannehill, Ebron, K. Vaughn, Cobb, McKinnon, Jeffrey, etc. I have first claim on the waiver wire, so is there a move here? Should I replace one of the NFC East QBs with Ben? The Colts D is also available with a juicy opening matchup with Jacksonville.

    Feel like my WRs are amazing, and RBs are very light. Just look for overall thoughts, waiver/trade priorities, etc.

  2. #2
    Location
    Not Toronto, ON
    Rep Power
    36

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Post-Draft Moves/Thoughts

    What is your position lineup (# of RBs, WRs etc). And who is your defense?

  3. #3
    Rep Power
    10

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Post-Draft Moves/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    What is your position lineup (# of RBs, WRs etc). And who is your defense?
    QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, D, K

    Current D is Kansas City.

  4. #4
    Location
    Not Toronto, ON
    Rep Power
    36

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Post-Draft Moves/Thoughts

    Sorry for the late response but hopefully you didn't blow your waiver priority just yet. GMs tend to do this all the time, but there is always a lot of guess work heading into the season and its better to hold that #1 waiver claim in case of a major injury.

    That being said, I would stand pat at the moment. Big Ben looks enticing but unsure how his elbow will be, so he's fine to leave on the waiver. I would hold KC as the D for now. None of the RB/WR options are upgrades over your current roster.

  5. #5
    Rep Power
    10

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Post-Draft Moves/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Sorry for the late response but hopefully you didn't blow your waiver priority just yet. GMs tend to do this all the time, but there is always a lot of guess work heading into the season and its better to hold that #1 waiver claim in case of a major injury.

    That being said, I would stand pat at the moment. Big Ben looks enticing but unsure how his elbow will be, so he's fine to leave on the waiver. I would hold KC as the D for now. None of the RB/WR options are upgrades over your current roster.
    In this league, the waiver wire priority resets every single week based on reverse standings order, so there was no harm in using it. I did pick up Indy's D for their match up with JAX (without dropping KC), but that's been it so far.

  6. #6
    Location
    Not Toronto, ON
    Rep Power
    36

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Post-Draft Moves/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by WeissAsNice View Post
    In this league, the waiver wire priority resets every single week based on reverse standings order, so there was no harm in using it. I did pick up Indy's D for their match up with JAX (without dropping KC), but that's been it so far.
    Well that's different. I haven't seen that in a league before....not football anyways.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •