Thread: Calling all Fantasy/Sci-Fi nerds (Star Wars/LOTR) - Dynasty League for ACTIVE Managers is here!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Calling all Fantasy/Sci-Fi nerds (Star Wars/LOTR) - Dynasty League for ACTIVE Managers is here!

LOGO 4K FULL HD 500 DPI (1).png

Hello all,

Before I start I want to make this very clear, I mean no offence but if you're not going to be active, please do not apply. I want this to be one of the most active leagues for managers interested in both sports and the geeky stuff, there will be rules in place to ensure people are staying active and failure to do so will result in you being "fired" and removed from the league.

I've been around for a while now, I'm an semi-active member of Dobber and a very active fantasy hockey manager, more so fantasy hockey commissioner. I'm on the look out for 20 managers who are interested in a Lord of the Rings and Star Wars inspired league, which will be called the Intergalactic Hockey League. The league will be a full Dynasty with 20 managers, so very deep, while some rules are to be changed and can be discussed, I'm planning to base it round my already active and successful leagues.

Details:

• Fantrax and Discord (a must)

• $20USD (16 entry, 4 fantrax premium fees - note this is subject to increase to a max of $25)

• A big minor system of 20-30 minors (tbd)

• None salary cap

• Dynasty (Keep all)

• 4 divisions (2 Conferences - Star Wars/LOTR)

• Playoffs: division winners automatically in, 8 teams (4 from each conference) go into PLAYINS, winners go through to playoffs ($).
    • H2H Points (weekly) daily lineup changes

• Rulebook can be found HERE. Please note this hasn't been updated to reflect this new league yet and is simply a copy of one of my other leagues - rules will be discussed through all members, though this is a rough basis to go off.

• Draft order will be decided on TWITCH (live) through THREE separate drafts (Inaugural, Prospect Draft, 2020 Prospect Draft) - you will be guaranteed a top 7 pick (1-7) in one of these, a middle 6 (8-13) in another and finally a last 7 pick in the final one (14-20).

So what are you waiting for? Release your inner-nerd and join the Intergalactic Hockey League today! Please answer the following questions and either email me at [email protected] or message me on here, please post on this post when you've done either so I check your messages!

I have a whole host of logos for teams from LOTR and Star Wars which should be your team name (see list below to choose from) HOWEVER, you may not choose a team name until we are full, when we will figure out which conference you'd prefer to be in. If we have more people wanting a specific side, then we will do a draw to see who gets what conference. After that, it'll be first come first serve - so if you're the first to join and you get your league of choice, you'll get the first choice of team.

PLEASE VISIT HERE FOR ALL LOGOS AND TEAM NAMES

note: I would accept your own team names if they are in line with the names we have, a proper logo must be created though.

BANNER 4K FULL HD 500 DPI.png

When applying, please answer the following questions:
    1. How long have you been doing Fantasy Sports (specifically Hockey)
    2. Have you ever done a Dynasty League before?
    3. Have you ever quit a league, if so, why?
    4. Are you comfortable paying a max of $30 (25+fees) this season will be a max of $24
    5. Are you ok using Discord and Fantrax?
    6. On average, how many times do you post in Discord/Chat functions or make trade offers per week?
    7. Tell me why you'd be a good fit?

Apologies for the bunch of questions, but I want the perfect group for anyone who joins

Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Calling all Fantasy/Sci-Fi nerds (Star Wars/LOTR) - Dynasty League for ACTIVE Managers is here!

Spots filling at a decent pace, if you message me - please answer the questions or I won't reply.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Calling all Fantasy/Sci-Fi nerds (Star Wars/LOTR) - Dynasty League for ACTIVE Managers is here!

pretty neat idea! GL to you sir!
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    pretty neat idea! GL to you sir!

Thank you kind sir!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Bump

Dobber Sports Apprentice

6 more managers needed - please answer the questions though (I won't reply if you don't)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Messaged you. Sounds fun

Dobber Sports Apprentice

2 spots left folks, ideally LOTR nerds over SW (but can be either)
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Due to the interest in the league, we've expanded to 24 teams with 2 more spots left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

One last spot

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Still one spot left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

PMd for the last spot
    16 Team, H2H Dynasty Cap 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G, 3B, 10 Minor - Scoring G / A / P / PPP / SOG / Hit / Blk / TOISH - W / GAA / SV / SV%
    Forwards: Gaudreau, Barzal, Beniers, Raymond, Trocheck, Byfield, Quinn, Couturier, Chytil, Crouse, Farabee, Rasmussen, Podkolzin, Monahan, Killorn
    Defence: Sergachev, McAvoy, Sanderson, Hronek, McCabe, Broberg
    Goalie: Demko, Merzlikins, Schmid
    F Minors: McTavish, Eklund, Sillinger, Nazar, Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Ostlund
    D Minors: Edvinsson
    G Minors: Askarov, Cossa
    Picks: 2023 1.01, 1.14