Thread: Draft Strategy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Draft Strategy

12tm Standard single season non keeper league.

I draft 3rd.

Guessing I have to take whomever is available out of McCaffrey/Barkley/Elliot. Or would you take Henry?

Also, best strategy for the draft for the first 5 rounds? RB/RB/WR/QB/TE in the first 4 rounds? Or, RB/WR/RB/WR/QB or TE......?

Thanks in advice.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Draft Strategy

Drafting 3rd, yes take one of those three you mentioned. I have Henry 4th.

My goal is typically to end up with 2 x RB and 1 x WR after 3 rounds, take the best RB or WR with your second pick and then take the other position with your 3rd pick. Now, if Kelce makes it back to your 2nd pick, I'd be all over that and then take the best RB with your 3rd pick because WR's are more plentiful. If it doesn't work out, just do what I plan on doing this year, blame it on COVID.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Drafting 3rd, yes take one of those three you mentioned. I have Henry 4th.

My goal is typically to end up with 2 x RB and 1 x WR after 3 rounds, take the best RB or WR with your second pick and then take the other position with your 3rd pick. Now, if Kelce makes it back to your 2nd pick, I'd be all over that and then take the best RB with your 3rd pick because WR's are more plentiful. If it doesn't work out, just do what I plan on doing this year, blame it on COVID.
    That is my tentative plan. RB then RB/WR then RB/WR unless Kelce is available.

Would you consider Mahomes or Jackson at the end of round 2 or beginning of round 3 over a WR/RB.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ugh, tough question. I never want a QB early, but some people might consider Mahomes for your 2nd or Jackson with your 3rd pick. There is so much depth at QB that I'm not tempted unless Mahomes or Jackson fall fairly far off their projected draft spots.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Ugh, tough question. I never want a QB early, but some people might consider Mahomes for your 2nd or Jackson with your 3rd pick. There is so much depth at QB that I'm not tempted unless Mahomes or Jackson fall fairly far off their projected draft spots.
    Agree. I got lucky last year and snagged Jackson in round 10. Obviously he won't go that low this year. Typically I wait on QB and TE until the later rounds and load up on WR and RB. I have good luck the past few years at TE in the later rounds or WW. i.e. Waller.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    Agree. I got lucky last year and snagged Jackson in round 10. Obviously he won't go that low this year. Typically I wait on QB and TE until the later rounds and load up on WR and RB. I have good luck the past few years at TE in the later rounds or WW. i.e. Waller.
    The league is QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DST/K.

FLEX is RB/WR/TE eligible.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    The league is QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/DST/K.

FLEX is RB/WR/TE eligible.
    No actual TE spot?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    No actual TE spot?
    Oops.....Yeah. Late night. Edited to include TE.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ugly draft results:

Russell Wilson
    Ezekiel Elliott
    Raheem Mostert
    Kenny Golladay
    Stefon Diggs
    Travis Kelce
    Jonathan Taylor
    Steelers D/ST
    Ka'imi Fairbairn