Thread: Guesses on Virtanen and others- Will literally pay 5 bucks for...

The Great One

Default Guesses on Virtanen and others- Will literally pay 5 bucks for...

Confident/eductaed guesses. Will only payout once. Do a poll at the end to see which the best one was and ill etransfer 5 bucks!!!

Hoffman
    Barzal
    DeBrusk
    Gudas
    Edmundson
    Ullmark

Need ballpark salary caps. Please note your confidence in each pick realistically- like if youre guessing please say so...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Guesses on Virtanen and others- Will literally pay 5 bucks for...

Can I just plagerize Alex’s capped thread?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Confident/eductaed guesses. Will only payout once. Do a poll at the end to see which the best one was and ill etransfer 5 bucks!!!

Hoffman
    Barzal
    DeBrusk
    Gudas
    Edmundson
    Ullmark

Need ballpark salary caps. Please note your confidence in each pick realistically- like if youre guessing please say so...
    Unless real NHL GMs visit here, my hunch is that everyone will be guessing...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

100% my best guesses, tried to find comparables where possible though.

Hoffman - 7.5-8.5M -assuming roughly a 5 year deal. Basing this on coming in somewhere between Lee and Skinner.
    Barzal - 8.5-9.5 - assuming Islanders want to lock him up long term he probably compares best to Aho (with a bit of a + considering Aho seems to have taken a slight discount). With the flat cap we could easily see a 2 year bridge of around 7M like Laine, Tkachuk, Point
    DeBrusk - 3-4M - Likely see a 3 or 4 year deal a la Kapanen and Johansson with the leafs
    Gudas - 3-5.5M - Hard to say with the flat cap. A lower tier if physical top 4 rhd could easily find a team willing to overpay such as Myers and Jack Johnson last year. But also may be forced to take a lower salary and term option with the current market.
    Edmundson - See above with Gudas
    Ullmark - 2M-4.5M - Again hard to say. I'm basing this on comparables such as Binnington & Merzlikins and that this will be his 3rd post-elc deal so he'll want to start getting paid. However, with Hutton under contract for another year they may have the leverage to sign Ullmark to another bridge around 2M such as Korpisalo.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by jshed2 View Post

Hoffman - 7.5-8.5M -assuming roughly a 5 year deal. Basing this on coming in somewhere between Lee and Skinner.
    Barzal - 8.5-9.5 - assuming Islanders want to lock him up long term he probably compares best to Aho (with a bit of a + considering Aho seems to have taken a slight discount). With the flat cap we could easily see a 2 year bridge of around 7M like Laine, Tkachuk, Point
    DeBrusk - 3-4M - Likely see a 3 or 4 year deal a la Kapanen and Johansson with the leafs
    Gudas - 3-5.5M - Hard to say with the flat cap. A lower tier if physical top 4 rhd could easily find a team willing to overpay such as Myers and Jack Johnson last year. But also may be forced to take a lower salary and term option with the current market.
    Edmundson - See above with Gudas
    Ullmark - 2M-4.5M - Again hard to say. I'm basing this on comparables such as Binnington & Merzlikins and that this will be his 3rd post-elc deal so he'll want to start getting paid. However, with Hutton under contract for another year they may have the leverage to sign Ullmark to another bridge around 2M such as Korpisalo.
    Awesome- and any guesses for Virtanen??

The Great One

A Canucks' fan site has an estimate range on Virtanen, along with comparables:
    https://thecanuckway.com/2020/04/01/...next-contract/

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jshed2 View Post

[/COLOR]
    (Nothing against you prediction) If a teams signs Hoffman to this contract it will instantly be one of the worst contracts in the league.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    (Nothing against you prediction) If a teams signs Hoffman to this contract it will instantly be one of the worst contracts in the league.
    So basically you are saying the Sabres will sign him?

Dobber Sports Icon

Hoffman - $5.6M
    Barzal - $7.2M
    DeBrusk - $4.1M
    Gudas - $2.9M
    Edmundson - $2.7M
    Ullmark - $1.325M
    Virtanen - $1.25M

These are all my best guesses. I am not involved in the contract negotiations for any of these guys so that's the best I can give you.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think the flat cap hurts somewhat, and the non-stars more than the stars. It's crapshoot, though.

Barzal - $8.0M Flat cap doesn't matter with the best young player in the FA class. I could see a bridge deal at less than this, but if the Isles are smart they try for term at this price.

Hoffman - $6.9M He should get less than Barzal, but he should want term, as he's pretty old. He may have to come in under 7 million to get the term he wants.

DeBrusk - $3.5M I'd expect a 2-3 year deal.
    Virtanen - $3.0M I'd expect a 2-3 year deal, even though he's signed a couple of them.

Edmundson - $2.7M This is the class of player I expect to be taking a pay cut in this environment. Might not be deserved, but I think it likely.
    Gudas - $2.3M Flyers retained salary to trade him for a more expensive defender. I don't think he gets a raise, although I also think Fletcher is not good at trades. Another pay cut guy.

Ullmark - $2.8M This is the minimum that ensures he's higher paid than Hutton. He's been better than Hutton, and they need goalies signed for the expansion draft. This is very dependent on them not going after another starter to replace Hutton; they could simply do that, in which case, this is likely to be a deal under 2 million.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    So basically you are saying the Sabres will sign him?
    Botterill should have been fired 3 minutes after the Skinner contract was announced. Lol
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"