Thread: 2 offers for my Pettersson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default 2 offers for my Pettersson

Good morning,

I have received from 2 GMs these offers:
    a. His Ovechkin for my Pettersson
    b. His Suzuki, Barzal, 2020 2nd round pick for my Pettersson (meaninig I would probably drop Meier to make room for Suzuki)

League format in my signature. As of now, I am leaning toward keeping Pettersson. How do you see that?
    Thanks
    10 team, points only, no cap, Bonus : PPG, SHG, HT, Shoot Out
    Top 9F, 4D, 1G . Keep 10 + 2 extras 150g or less, Max 22 (12F, 6D, 2G + 2 extras)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: 2 offers for my Pettersson

I would keep Pettersson, Ovechkin is to old and 2 for 1's are generally bad ideas. I would probably rather have Meier over Suzuki as a side note, lol.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by CMSpiced View Post
    I would keep Pettersson, Ovechkin is to old and 2 for 1's are generally bad ideas. I would probably rather have Meier over Suzuki as a side note, lol.
    I agree on both of those points. Neither is enough.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

I agree on passing here.

The second offer is enough but when you factor in the Meier bit, it becomes a bad deal on your end.

Dobber Sports Deity

I also agree. I just dont like those offers for Pettersson.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hard pass on #1
    #2 is a better deal but still a pass as it's Suzuki, Barzal, and a 2nd for Pettersson and Meier.
    League 1
    Keep 16 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk
    Goalies: Vasilevsky, Shesterkin,
    Minors: Kravtsov, Tolvanen, Brannstrom

League 2
    Keep 18 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen
    Defencemen: R Andersson, Jokiharju, Trouba, Valimaki, Cholowski, Leddy, Montour
    Goalies: Saros, Sorokin, Talbot
    Minors: Heponiemi, Krebs, Tippett, Hoglander, Liljegren, Bouchard,

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I can't see your signature.

If you are a major contender, and this is a league with hits & SOG, I can see Ovechkin making sense, but getting a little something else would be good.

Deal 2 would depend if you could deal your drop for another useful piece, but probably not. Would Meier be redraftable in the 2nd?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hi,

I just fixed the issue, so my signature is showing up now. So no hit & SOG in my league. As well, I think Meier may be draftable in the 2nd round, as the new batch coming from the NHL draft looks pretty deep, as well as other GMs like to redraft their drop.

As well, yes, I am a contender for top 3, even 1st place. The window is now.

Thanks
    Top 9F, 4D, 1G . Keep 10 + 2 extras 150g or less, Max 22 (12F, 6D, 2G + 2 extras)

Dobber Sports Jedi

#1 is a Win NOW deal for MC leagues. it's a poor deal in point only leagues. The hits bonus saves this deal in your format.

if you're considering Deal #2 - you are not a legit 'win-now' contender.

#2 is Trash.
    A. you give the best player in the deal.
    B. you then drop Timo Meier to downgrade to Suzuki. So you then drop the 3rd best player in the deal to make room for the 4th best? YIKES.

Take Option C. Keep Pettersson. who is not even close to ceiling - and that's as a pt/gm player. Hang on tight - to him and the pending ride.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Either deal would be a hard pass for me. Pettersson is by far the best player here and only getting better. Especially in points only. It would be a mistake you would quickly regret if you took either of these deals. I think u might be overvaluing Suzuki in the 2nd deal.

Dobber Sports Initiate

No hit in my league.

An aurgument for Ovechkin is that he collects ton of points in my leagues with PPG and hat tricks. But 35 in september...

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm not moving EP for either of those deals

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Given your categories, I'd pass on both for now.

Ovechkin is tempting, even with just Hat Trick & PP Goal bonuses, because he's the greatest goal scorer in history, but I'd still pass.

The second deal is essentially Barzal & one of Meier/Suzuki & a pick that gets you a guy somewhat like Meier/Suzuki for Pettersson, which is a good return if you are fully win-now, but you may be diluting your keepers too much going forward. What that 2nd round pick would bring would be the decision maker for me. However, I could see making this deal at the draft, so you keep get to keep Meier; gain Barzal & Suzuki, and a pick. You could give him two late picks to balance that out. If that's okay, I'd be fine with that move.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

It's quite unanimous, thanks for your advices! I turned both offers down.