Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Music Streaming Service

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Music Streaming Service

Thank you all for the helpful opinions. I decided to move forward with Deezer. It seems to be able to do everything that Spotify can do but Deezer did not give Joe Rogan $100,000,000 to spew his trash. That was a deal breaker for me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Thank you all for the helpful opinions. I decided to move forward with Deezer. It seems to be able to do everything that Spotify can do but Deezer did not give Joe Rogan $100,000,000 to spew his trash. That was a deal breaker for me.
    That deal was really a game changer though.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by legodash View Post
    That deal was really a game changer though.
    In what way?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Im surprised in todays day and age that people still buy CDs LOL!
    my new vehicle doesnt have a CD player and I live in small northern ont city so theres just 3 radio stations for my morning commute to work and back , arrgh .I swear one day they were all playing same song at same time

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    my new vehicle doesnt have a CD player and I live in small northern ont city so theres just 3 radio stations for my morning commute to work and back , arrgh .I swear one day they were all playing same song at same time
    I just bought a new F150 and it doesnt have a CD player either. It did come with Satellite Radio free for six months which I am still enjoying for now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I just bought a new F150 and it doesnt have a CD player either. It did come with Satellite Radio free for six months which I am still enjoying for now.
    My 2014 RAM doesn't have a CD slot. In fact, it was an add on option for like $200 I think if you built it new back in 2013/14. And it would have been under a seat or something like that, and not actually in the center console.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

no wonder vinyl is making a comeback

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    no wonder vinyl is making a comeback
    That $hit's expensive these days. Have you priced up a record lately?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

That $hit's expensive these days. Have you priced up a record lately?
    I had to move swiftly back in the early 2000s as the buyer wanted quick closing date on my house . We were downsizing because wife was going back to school so we had to get rid of a lot of stuff, 6 milk crates worth of vinyl included . FML

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Hoped on Spotify 3 or so years ago after being a google play music listener, and I've never looked back.

I do believe however you need a subscription to get most of the features, but it checks off all the boxes of features you are looking for.

Once you've listened for a while it will create your Daily mixes, up to 6 I believe, based on the different genres you listen to and try to create playlist it thinks you like.

You can also "play radio" of a certain song or album, so for example there's a song you like and would like to listen to more similar music, but not necessairly the same artist, "play radio" will just randomly play songs like that.

You can download as much as your little device can handle.

Only gripe is that the mobile app is a little limited in terms of modifying or manipulating existing custom playlists, but the desktop app can do just about all of that.
    Spotify is excellent if you want to have a wide range of music albums, especially during travelling. The monthly tax is also affordable so I use it for more than 2 years and I am very happy.

Dobber Sports Star

So I have been considering the jump to a monthly subscription to Spotify since the downfall of iTunes. One thing I want to ask. I have literally hundreds of live recordings which are in my current iTunes playlist from performances on shows like American Idol (please don’t judge me) and musical guest performances on late night talk shows. In addition to the normal Spotify music, would I be able to import these files and add them to my Spotify playlists?

Thanks,
    Rylant

Dobber Sports Icon

I don't know if Spotify allows it but Deezer lets you upload any MP3 you want into its app. I switched from Google Play Music to Deezer and am very happy.

Dobber Sports Icon

And I continue to stand by this decision!!!

Dobber Sports Deity

And I continue to stand by this decision!!!
    Figured I'd give this thread a bump.

As I mentioned already, I have the Spotify Premium account as me, my wife and two kids (young adults now I guess) all have our own Spotify accounts. I have noticed that recently, my Spotify is continually un-authenticating downloaded songs in offline mode. I can still see them but I can't play them offline as they just go gray. Very frustrating for me on a ship. I have used Deezer before at work at my desktop computer. Is Deezer able to download songs/albums/playlists and play them if you are offline with no connectivity?

I love my Spotify when it works, but it's killing me right now when I have to keep updating and re-downloading songs after they have been downloaded.

Is anyone using anything else other than Spotify or Deezer that they might recommend?

Dobber Sports Deity

So I'll try this a different way. Does anyone here use Amazon Music with their Prime membership?