Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Is gaudreau being traded to montreal?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Is gaudreau being traded to montreal?

Isn’t Price from BC? He wouldn’t waive to be the face of the new Seattle team?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah that's totally fair, I just think trading for Johnny woukd be a move they regret. This fanbase couldn't handle playoff Pacioretty. Johnny would make them go ape.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by HabsBlood View Post
    Yeah that's totally fair, I just think trading for Johnny woukd be a move they regret. This fanbase couldn't handle playoff Pacioretty. Johnny would make them go ape.
    At this point, the only real quality scoring depth Montreal has coming up on the wings worth getting excited about is Caufield. Maybe Ylonen if you want to reach a bit. The rest of their future lies down the middle.

The biggest issue I'd have with someone like Gaudreau coming in is his size, or lack there of. Sure, you dont have to be a big guy to be successful in the NHL anymore, but Montreal has lived and died with smaller forwards for years now. Gaudreau just adds to that. So far in Calgary, it hasnt really affected his production so maybe that's not really a concern worth noting.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Apparently Gudreaus wanted out for awhile. I have no idea why but Ive heard those rumors for two years now...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    At this point, the only real quality scoring depth Montreal has coming up on the wings worth getting excited about is Caufield. Maybe Ylonen if you want to reach a bit. The rest of their future lies down the middle.

The biggest issue I'd have with someone like Gaudreau coming in is his size, or lack there of. Sure, you dont have to be a big guy to be successful in the NHL anymore, but Montreal has lived and died with smaller forwards for years now. Gaudreau just adds to that. So far in Calgary, it hasnt really affected his production so maybe that's not really a concern worth noting.
    I would love to see MTL go after Huberdeau.

Obviously this would be a big deal, but I think there's an opening there if MTL takes a Stralman back and then throws a Domi, Caulfied, Poheling and 1st back.

Little to no chance this happens, but hey a man can dream, right?
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post

Obviously this would be a big deal, but I think there's an opening there if MTL takes a Stralman back and then throws a Domi, Caulfied, Poheling and 1st back.

I think it would take a serious haul to get Huberdeau.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Apparently Gudreaus wanted out for awhile. I have no idea why but Ive heard those rumors for two years now...
    Those “rumours” are just Eric Francis making up shit for two years to make himself feel important.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post

Caufield will not be traded. I don’t think Hubredeau is available either. And IF Florida were to think on it they’d want an NHL D in the deal. Otherwise why do it? Dadonov is the panther the Habs should be looking at.

@rataylor - Seattle isn’t in BC. Maybe he’d go out there to be close to western Canada at the tail end of his career but he’s still aways away from that.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Caufield will not be traded. I don’t think Hubredeau is available either. And IF Florida were to think on it they’d want an NHL D in the deal. Otherwise why do it? Dadonov is the panther the Habs should be looking at.

@rataylor - Seattle isn’t in BC. Maybe he’d go out there to be close to western Canada at the tail end of his career but he’s still aways away from that.
    Seattle is like 2 and half hours away from Vancouver.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by DocMcPuffin View Post
    Seattle is like 2 and half hours away from Vancouver.
    True but he's not from Vancouver either. He's from Northern BC.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    True but he's not from Vancouver either. He's from Northern BC.
    So roughly 12 hours then haha!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

The Great One

And he grew up an Oilers fan...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    And he grew up an Oilers fan...
    Well nobody is perfect

He’s 33. 34 next offseason. He’s decidedly in the MAF range of his career.