Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is gaudreau being traded to montreal?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Is gaudreau being traded to montreal?

I did not think it was a hot taek to say that $17M is enough cap space to sign 1 T4D, 1 T9W, 1G, 2BD, 2BF but ok.

Gaudreau (6.750) - Monahan (6.375) - Lindholm (4.850)
    Tkachuk (7.000) - Backlund (5.350) - Mangiapane - (3.500)
    Lucic (5.250) - Bennett (2.550) - Dube (0.778)
    Gawdin (0.788) - Ryan (3.125) - Reider (0.800)
    Quine (0.800) - Pelletier (0.925)

Giordano (6.750) - Brodie (5.000)
    Hanifin (4.950) - Andersson (4.550)
    Valimaki (0.894) - Yelesin (0.925)
    Kylington (0.788)

Rittich (2.75)
    UFA G (3.50)

Brouwer (1.500)
    Stone (1.167)

The following roster costs $81.614M (excel doesn't use the rounded numbers). Being $114K over the cap requires basically carrying a 22 man roster for like 4 days or something.

Assumptions:

Brodie signs for a modest raise to 3 years x $5M.
    Mangiapane gets a raise to 2 years x $3.5M. I don't think this his top end, but it's certainly not the bottom either.
    UFA G (either Talbot or a similar 1B for 2 years x $3.5M)
    Gawdin and Kylington accept their QO - they haven't earned anything else and don't have a ton of options.
    Reider and Quine get modest raises (will this actually happen? I think no but w/e, everyone things the bottom end is getting squeezed more than ever this offseason).

I could see the arguments the Brodie, Mangiapane, and Goalie estimates are both high or low, which feels like they're a reasonable figure to use for estimates.

Again. I think it's reasonable to suggest that Calgary is going to trade Gaudreau. I also think they will be dumb to do it but I still think it will happen. But they don't need to do it for cap space.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I heard a rumour as well (I am pretty sure it was started by my Flames friend)

Gaudreau

for

Domi
    Caufield
    Romanov
    1st round pick.
    ZERO chance this happens.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

The Great One

@rataylor22 - so barring a trade that frees up cap space and shakes the roster up, they spend their money on the basically the same fair to middling line up that had this year. Which is exactly what the post the guy you crapped on about trading for cap space to sign 4th liners was saying. If they don’t make some trades and free up some space they spend their money on the same group with little to no chemistry. I’m not saying Gaudreau is the right guy to send packing. He probably isn’t. But he could really use a change of scenery. And if Treleving goes into next season with the lineup you just laid out - I’m firing his ass if I’m the owner. My point is you act like people on here are idiots sometimes and in this case your haughty reply was crap. And wrong.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

@Axeman - I guess not many Habs fans is why that franchise is worth $1.34 billion and the Oilers are siting at $575 million.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/nhl-...es-forbes-2019

And the Habs thread here has 573 pages to the Oilers 281. Habs fans are everywhere and far outnumber the band wagon McDavid loving unwashed masses out there these days (of which you are clearly not one it must be said). Yes, some Habs fans may be hesitant to admit they root for this team. I’m not. I’m also not a Bergevin supporter. Overall he’s made some decent trades (Don’t know how you can argue the Pacioretty trade wasn’t ballsy either...), some bad ones, some meh ones, and one really odd Offer Sheet (which Aho obviously paid him to do). He’s not really pushed the franchise forward. Yet. Some real reasons to be optimistic right now and this is big offseason for him. I’m hopeful. And yes, I am an unabashed Habs fab!
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    @Axeman - I guess not many Habs fans is why that franchise is worth $1.34 billion and the Oilers are siting at $575 million.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/nhl-...es-forbes-2019

And the Habs thread here has 573 pages to the Oilers 281. Habs fans are everywhere and far outnumber the band wagon McDavid loving unwashed masses out there these days (of which you are clearly not one it must be said). Yes, some Habs fans may be hesitant to admit they root for this team. I’m not. I’m also not a Bergevin supporter. Overall he’s made some decent trades (Don’t know how you can argue the Pacioretty trade wasn’t ballsy either...), some bad ones, some meh ones, and one really odd Offer Sheet (which Aho obviously paid him to do). He’s not really pushed the franchise forward. Yet. Some real reasons to be optimistic right now and this is big offseason for him. I’m hopeful. And yes, an unabashed Habs fab!
    I have no idea what the numbers you're throwing at me have anything to do with Bergevin not having the balls to swing a big trade but thanks for the data I guess.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    ...it's easy to tell you're a Habs fan. Not many other ones out there to find LOL.

He's been there what, seven years now and has one big trade to his resume? Ya, he's a big player
    I’m responding to the Habs fans line. You know...the one you wrote and posted?? LOL? So you don’t think trading the team captain and leading scorer for Tatar, Suzuki, and a second wasn’t also ballsy? Not to mention looking really good right now. And while the offer sheet was ill conceived, it was ballsy, no?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

This is a team where the Kostityn brothers were a thing, Petry vs Letang is a possibility, Gallagher and Galchenyuk aren't worth Ovechkin or Tavares. I wouldn't be surprised to hear kotkaniemi in that rumour mill. Bergevin has so many picks this year, it's impossible for him not to **** this up. Can't wait ^_^

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dkall View Post
    This is a team where the Kostityn brothers were a thing, Petry vs Letang is a possibility, Gallagher and Galchenyuk aren't worth Ovechkin or Tavares. I wouldn't be surprised to hear kotkaniemi in that rumour mill. Bergevin has so many picks this year, it's impossible for him not to **** this up. Can't wait ^_^
    LOL! Never say never.....

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

I’m responding to the Habs fans line. You know...the one you wrote and posted?? LOL? So you don’t think trading the team captain and leading scorer for Tatar, Suzuki, and a second wasn’t also ballsy? Not to mention looking really good right now. And while the offer sheet was ill conceived, it was ballsy, no?
    I wouldnt call that a ballsy trade. MaxPac was clearly not happy in Montreal and his play on the ice reflected that. If you believe the rumors, he asked to be traded so it was a move that had to be made. It's not like Bergevin pulled that one out of his ass. You can see he's re-engergized in Vegas and playing like Montreal fans hoped he would in Montreal. In the end, both teams are happy with their return. I dont call trading the captain as a ballsy move considering the move wasn't his decision but more of one where his hand was forced. Sorry.

I did like the offer sheet though. I would call that a ballsy move because we rarely see it happen these days so good on him for trying there. Credit where credit is due. That being said, I think deep down he knew there was no way Carolina was letting him go.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Im predicting they somehow end up trading Caulfield away before "summer" camp. Vancouver trolls bergevin having him offer sheet virtanen and "la cerise sul sundae", signs koivu for a 2yr/13M contract cause why the **** not.

<3 mtl's fanbase

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dkall View Post
    Im predicting they somehow end up trading Caulfield away before "summer" camp. Vancouver trolls bergevin having him offer sheet virtanen and "la cerise sul sundae", signs koivu for a 2yr/13M contract cause why the **** not.

<3 mtl's fanbase
    Speaking of trolls...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Bergevin first few years were bad, but he's doing a great job "rebuilding" since the last two years. Sergachev for Drouin was kinda ballsy but he failed big time there.

Can you imagine a future 1st line made of Gaudreau, Suzuki, Caufield. Jeez they would get beat up quite badly

Dobber Sports Grand Master

@rataylor22 - so barring a trade that

1. frees up cap space and
    2. shakes the roster up,

they spend their money on the basically the same fair to middling line up that had this year. Which is exactly what the post the guy you crapped on about trading for cap space to sign 4th liners was saying. If they don’t make some trades and free up some space they spend their money on the same group with little to no chemistry. I’m not saying Gaudreau is the right guy to send packing. He probably isn’t. But he could really use a change of scenery. And if Treleving goes into next season with the lineup you just laid out - I’m firing his ass if I’m the owner. My point is you act like people on here are idiots sometimes and in this case your haughty reply was crap. And wrong.
    Reason 1 has nothing to do with it
    Reason 2 has everything to do with it
    Reason 1 is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the conversation. A Gaudreau trade is unlikely to net them any tangible amount of cap space.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rection View Post
    Bergevin first few years were bad, but he's doing a great job "rebuilding" since the last two years. Sergachev for Drouin was kinda ballsy but he failed big time there.

Can you imagine a future 1st line made of Gaudreau, Suzuki, Caufield. Jeez they would get beat up quite badly
    The biggest issue I have with Bergevin is watching him rebuild while his best two players are aging quickly. He could speed up the rebuild by dealing some of his prospects to improve his current roster but he won't. Key FAs wont sign in Montreal so his best chance to improve his squad and contend with his his best players is via the trade market. He doesn't have the balls to pull off that type of trade; dealing a high end prospect for key pieces to make his team around Price and Weber better today. Thats why I expect Montreal will be a middling team for years. By the time his key prospects are ripe, his best players today will be declining quickly. It's a vicious circle (cycle?). Oh well. I digress.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The biggest issue I have with Bergevin is watching him rebuild while his best two players are aging quickly. He could speed up the rebuild by dealing some of his prospects to improve his current roster but he won't. Key FAs wont sign in Montreal so his best chance to improve his squad and contend with his his best players is via the trade market. He doesn't have the balls to pull off that type of trade; dealing a high end prospect for key pieces to make his team around Price and Weber better today. Thats why I expect Montreal will be a middling team for years. By the time his key prospects are ripe, his best players today will be declining quickly. It's a vicious circle (cycle?). Oh well. I digress.
    You've pretty much nailed it here Axe. I'm hoping what he saw in the playoffs emboldens him to get off his ass and get better now. So many prospects and picks plus decent cap space...to me this should really be his make or break off season. And if he is hell bent on not trading any futures he needs to try and move Price and Weber. Not likely. But pick a course of action and commit. If he f's it up he should be gone. But he probably won't be - he really must have some dirt on Molson. It's all the more murky because no one yet knows what next season will look like.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: