Thread: Tell me about Kupari (Flashing the Jouko-Bat Signal)

The Great One

Default Tell me about Kupari (Flashing the Jouko-Bat Signal)

I got Kupari in a deal I couldnt say no to (drop 5 spots in the second from 25th to 30th and add Kupari for it). I dont know anything about this kid. Apparently he projects as a middle six speedy center but could have Aho like upside if everything falls right? Is this vaguely correct? Wheres JP!!!!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Tell me about Kupari (Flashing the Jouko-Bat Signal)

If Byfield get drafted by LA, its possible Kupari's path to NHL maybe via trade. He has quite a competition in that prospect system in general and very stiff competition when it comes to C.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    If Byfield get drafted by LA, its possible Kupari's path to NHL maybe via trade. He has quite a competition in that prospect system in general and very stiff competition when it comes to C.
    Whats his talent level like? I heard his sophomore season was solid...

Dobber Sports Wizard

"kupari" is a Finnish word that translates to "copper". There, I told you about kupari.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I got Kupari in a deal I couldnt say no to (drop 5 spots in the second from 25th to 30th and add Kupari for it). I dont know anything about this kid. Apparently he projects as a middle six speedy center but could have Aho like upside if everything falls right? Is this vaguely correct? Wheres JP!!!!
    Sounds like a sweet deal for you. Speedy middle-six forward sounds about right. A natural center, and I think he could have a future down the middle, but likely moves to the wing in LA. But I can see his game working at wing as well, although he hasn't played a ton there. Had that nasty injury at the World Juniors which was really unfortunate, wiped out the rest of his season. Was apparently nearing a return when COVID ended the season.

Wasn't quite ready for the AHL level in the first half but should have a much better season this upcoming year. Skating and hands are definitely his biggest strengths.

The Great One

Hahaha nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    "kupari" is a Finnish word that translates to "copper". There, I told you about kupari.

Sounds like a sweet deal for you. Speedy middle-six forward sounds about right. A natural center, and I think he could have a future down the middle, but likely moves to the wing in LA. But I can see his game working at wing as well, although he hasn't played a ton there. Had that nasty injury at the World Juniors which was really unfortunate, wiped out the rest of his season. Was apparently nearing a return when COVID ended the season.

Wasn't quite ready for the AHL level in the first half but should have a much better season this upcoming year. Skating and hands are definitely his biggest strengths.
    I spent most of the afternoon reading about him. I think a lot of people think hes better suited to the wing which is interestiing. What do you think about these claims that he doesnt have the hockey IQ to be productive in the NHL? From my limited viewings I find it hard to agree with that statement- its just what I keep reading on fan/prospect boards...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Hahaha nice!

I spent most of the afternoon reading about him. I think a lot of people think hes better suited to the wing which is interestiing. What do you think about these claims that he doesnt have the hockey IQ to be productive in the NHL? From my limited viewings I find it hard to agree with that statement- its just what I keep reading on fan/prospect boards...
    His head isn't as quick as his hands and feet but I feel it's quick enough that he can be a productive middle-six guy. If his head was quicker, we'd be looking at a top-line player.