Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jaguars Releasing Fournette

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Jaguars Releasing Fournette

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I think he probably means that in the sense of they have had one of if not the best RB over the last 4 years and haven't made it past the Divisional Round.
    Basketball you can win Championships with one or two studs. Football, much like hockey, needs a team effort to win. Zeke is doing his part so to me, that 4th overall has worked out pretty well for Dallas.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You don't think Zeke Elliott has worked out for the Cowboys?
    No.

Is he definitely better than Tony Pollard? Tough to say. Contract value he definitely isn't.
    Is he better than Derrick Henry (RD2), Kenyan Drake (RD3), eh maybe.
    Has he been better at his position than Jalen Ramsey has been at his position? Again no.
    Do cornerbacks contribute more to winning than running backs? Undeniably yes.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    No.
    LOL! Ok.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I think he probably means that in the sense of they have had one of if not the best RB over the last 4 years and haven't made it past the Divisional Round.
    That's also a QB issue

Dobber Sports Titan

You don't think Zeke Elliott has worked out for the Cowboys?
    He has produced. But RB production isn't dependent on RB talent. For the value of his new contract, he's not the best option for the team, but he's the best talent.

RBs have a tough job. Get beat up and worked into the ground until you're a FA and now you're not good for the value you're next contract will be vs the rookie class coming in.

So yeah, great player, but his contract value vs what that money could bring to the team is not of equal value.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He has produced. But RB production isn't dependent on RB talent. For the value of his new contract, he's not the best option for the team, but he's the best talent.

RBs have a tough job. Get beat up and worked into the ground until you're a FA and now you're not good for the value you're next contract will be vs the rookie class coming in.

So yeah, great player, but his contract value vs what that money could bring to the team is not of equal value.
    Do you think it was a mistake for the Cowboys to draft him 4th overall when they did?

Dobber Sports Titan

Do you think it was a mistake for the Cowboys to draft him 4th overall when they did?
    I do think it's not good to draft an RB that high in real life. It's more a good system to produce a good run game rather than a good RB.

Was it a mistake....the next pick that would have likely been the better fit was Ramsey since their line was solid, their Defensive front I believe at the time was set also.

The pick fit Jerry Jones. Trading down is not a Jerry Jones move. I'll say that, so I wouldn't expect the team to do anything else (drafting a WR in the 1st this yr when they have Cooper and Gallup).

The better move to address their run game was prolly to sign some fringe starter RB in FA, and grab an RB in the 2nd/3rd round. The next RBs drafted after the Dallas picks in the 2nd and 3rd are Henry and Drake. You can find top RB talent in the later rounds, but in the Drake case, it definitely shows the system helps more than the talent.

It's hard to say they messed up the pick when it was a pick that any team would make, but it's not like it's ever the really smart play. ANY RB drafted in the top half of the 1st round is a tough sell for me for a team that isn't a superbowl threat at the time.

Dobber Sports Deity

I do think it's not good to draft an RB that high in real life. It's more a good system to produce a good run game rather than a good RB.

Was it a mistake....the next pick that would have likely been the better fit was Ramsey since their line was solid, their Defensive front I believe at the time was set also.

The pick fit Jerry Jones. Trading down is not a Jerry Jones move. I'll say that, so I wouldn't expect the team to do anything else (drafting a WR in the 1st this yr when they have Cooper and Gallup).

The better move to address their run game was prolly to sign some fringe starter RB in FA, and grab an RB in the 2nd/3rd round. The next RBs drafted after the Dallas picks in the 2nd and 3rd are Henry and Drake. You can find top RB talent in the later rounds, but in the Drake case, it definitely shows the system helps more than the talent.

It's hard to say they messed up the pick when it was a pick that any team would make, but it's not like it's ever the really smart play. ANY RB drafted in the top half of the 1st round is a tough sell for me for a team that isn't a superbowl threat at the time.
    If they are a Superbowl threat at the time of the draft, they probably aren't picking in the top half of the 1st round to start with LOL!

Dobber Sports Titan

If they are a Superbowl threat at the time of the draft, they probably aren't picking in the top half of the 1st round to start with LOL!
    I was talking 1st round pick in general if you're a SB threat. A move like what Chiefs did. I did mess up not clarifying an RB in the top half isn't what I would do, or an RB in round 1 unless you're a SB threat.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Singing with the Buccaneers..

Does Fournette immediately become the best RB that Tom Brady has ever played with?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Singing with the Buccaneers..

Does Fournette immediately become the best RB that Tom Brady has ever played with?
    Well it's likely between him and Kevin Faulk who was an all around beast at what he did, but only had like 7,000 rushing+receiving yards in his 12yr career.

Corey Dillion had like 1,600yards, 12TDs in 15 1 season with Brady in like 2004.

James White did well as a split time back with Brady over like 6 seasons.

Dobber Sports Deity

well this makes me feel a lot better. I like this landing spot for him. I am glad it wasnt the Patriots.

Dobber Sports Expert

Well his Oline can't be any worse than it was in Jax. I'm curious to see how Arians shakes this whole thing out. It's a crowded backfield now but Fournette is the best back out of them.

Unfortunately this likely pushes him up draft boards with everybody so horny for TB this offseason.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Well his Oline can't be any worse than it was in Jax. I'm curious to see how Arians shakes this whole thing out. It's a crowded backfield now but Fournette is the best back out of them.

Unfortunately this likely pushes him up draft boards with everybody so horny for TB this offseason.
    You can only run so many offensive plays. Evans, Godwin, Gronk, Howard, Jones, Fournette, McCoy, Vaughn. There's a ton of options.

Dobber Sports Deity

You can only run so many offensive plays. Evans, Godwin, Gronk, Howard, Jones, Fournette, McCoy, Vaughn. There's a ton of options.
    Going to be interesting for sure. I am just glad, after drafting him early, that he's found a decent landing spot with some hope for a return on investment.