Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jaguars Releasing Fournette

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Jaguars Releasing Fournette

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    A bit of a wildcard team...Chiefs on a 1yr deal. Their lead back is a rookie. Reid likes having depth at RB. Could be an interesting spot.
    I read this a a statement not a guess... I went and moved him up my rankings significantly...

I definitely think that would be interesting.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

players picked after Fournette.
    Jamal Adams, McCaffrey, Mahomes, Lattimore, Watson, TJ Watt, Curtis Samuel, Dalvin Cook, Mixon, JuJu, Kamara, Cooper Cupp, Chris Godwin, Hunt, Kenny Golladay, James Conner, Cohen, Marlon Mack, Kittle, Aaron Jones, Chris Carson, Ekeler (undrafted).

Geezzzzz great RB yr, and it's not like Fournette is terrible. He just isn't a good teammate, due for a raise, he's on a bad team. Just no reason for them to keep him and other teams knew that.
    Ya this is part that is most unsettling for Jax. What a disaster of a franchise.

Dobber Sports Star

Hoping that the Arizona Coyotes sign Fournette just so they can swirl down the bowl together.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I read this a a statement not a guess... I went and moved him up my rankings significantly...

I definitely think that would be interesting.
    Me too. LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Ya this is part that is most unsettling for Jax. What a disaster of a franchise.
    To me its not about the players picked after Fournette. The second part is just that, JAX is a disaster of a franchise. Picking Fournette ahead of those players was not a bad move from the franchise standpoint. It was the right pick.

They have had quality player in their system and let walk or traded them. They have let parts of their team fall apart and did nothing to rebuild it properly or bridge the gap. The asset management has been poor. How Doug Marrone still has a job is waaaayyyy beyond me. He was a terrible coach in Buffalo; so I guess he actually is a perfect fit for the Jags.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    To me its not about the players picked after Fournette. The second part is just that, JAX is a disaster of a franchise. Picking Fournette ahead of those players was not a bad move from the franchise standpoint. It was the right pick.

They have had quality player in their system and let walk or traded them. They have let parts of their team fall apart and did nothing to rebuild it properly or bridge the gap. The asset management has been poor. How Doug Marrone still has a job is waaaayyyy beyond me. He was a terrible coach in Buffalo; so I guess he actually is a perfect fit for the Jags.
    It was not.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It was not.
    To be fair, any of those players picked after Fournette, had they gone to Jax, could be in the same position he's in today. We don't know.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Doesn't make a RB at 4 the right pick.

Dobber Sports Expert

You're right. With how crappy the offense is it should have been something for their O-line.

Or Mahomes/Watson

To be clear, Neither of those players might be what they are now if they went to the Jags instead of their current organisations, but it was franchise malpractice to not honestly evaluate Blake Bortles and understand he was not the answer, when most of the rest of the NFL world knew he was not.

Dobber Sports Deity

Doesn't make a RB at 4 the right pick.
    Worked out well for Dallas.

Dobber Sports Titan

Fournette wasn't a reach by any mean. It's just a waste of a pick that early for a franchise on the verge of doing well. If you pick an RB high, you must use them to win while they are cheap. Jax failed at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Worked out well for Dallas.
    Not really.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Fournette wasn't a reach by any mean. It's just a waste of a pick that early for a franchise on the verge of doing well. If you pick an RB high, you must use them to win while they are cheap. Jax failed at that.

Not really.
    You don't think Zeke Elliott has worked out for the Cowboys?

Dobber Sports Expert

Or Mahomes/Watson

To be clear, Neither of those players might be what they are now if they went to the Jags instead of their current organisations, but it was franchise malpractice to not honestly evaluate Blake Bortles and understand he was not the answer, when most of the rest of the NFL world knew he was not.
    I was about to write the same thing. They would have been an upgrade at QB for sure but its unlikely he would be the superstar he is today with the Jacksonville supporting cast.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You don't think Zeke Elliott has worked out for the Cowboys?
    I think he probably means that in the sense of they have had one of if not the best RB over the last 4 years and haven't made it past the Divisional Round.