Thread: Trading Fox + for 6th overall.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Trading Fox + for 6th overall.

Gents, another Fox question. Some said to hang on, some said to dangle him. I'm looking at possibly making an offer of Fox plus for the 6th overall pick. D men are in short demand so I doubt he'd do a one for one. He is also more interested in getting players back over draft picks. Some possibilities I thought of were:

Fox and 14th overall

Fox, 14 and 25 overall; or

Fox and Kyrou (possibly add in a pick.)

I've got the following draft picks this year: 1st, 14, 23, 25, 36, 38 and 46 overall. I've also got a 1st next year besides my own, which would be in the 10 to 12th overall range.

Thoughts?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

The Great One

Default Re: Trading Fox + for 6th overall.

I'd offer Fox and 14th and see where that goes. And if you use that 6th on Jamie Drysdale, I swear to the heaven's above, I'll chop your hands off

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'd offer Fox and 14th and see where that goes. And if you use that 6th on Jamie Drysdale, I swear to the heaven's above, I'll chop your hands off
    HAHA! Trust me, I won't! My goal is to never own a D man again. Not even the 2nd coming of Orr!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Padawan

He's not interested in Fox. I asked if there was anyone else he'd be interested in, but I feel the only other player with perhaps good value is Kaprizov. If he's the ask, do I consider perhaps a one for one, or just pass and move on?

The Great One

Kaprizov is worth more than the 6th overall pick.

Dobber Sports Titan

Kaprizov is worth more than the 6th overall pick.
    Yup.
    That just about sums up your options here it seems.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yeah I feel it would set me back. I probably would've passed anyway, but your opinions are crucial to my future success, so have to see what you guys think.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You'll be able to deal Fox when he busts out for real.

Having a D-man in your format is fine, if it's a guy who you get off FA who suddenly bursts out of nowhere, and he's playable. I wouldn't draft one, though.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

what about Fox and 14th overall for Zadina? Or Kotkaniemi?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd pass on that. Hold Fox for now. If DeAngelo goes elsewhere or if he breaks out, his value goes up. If not, you can still wait on him, and these sorts of things will be out there.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd pass on that. Hold Fox for now. If DeAngelo goes elsewhere or if he breaks out, his value goes up. If not, you can still wait on him, and these sorts of things will be out there.
    What about Fox, 14th and 25th overall for Fiala? Too much for me to offer with what I currently have? Would you maybe see Fox and the 14th as a suitable offer instead? I'm just throwing out scenarios to see if I can improve.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DocMcPuffin View Post
    What about Fox, 14th and 25th overall for Fiala? Too much for me to offer with what I currently have? Would you maybe see Fox and the 14th as a suitable offer instead? I'm just throwing out scenarios to see if I can improve.
    I would not hesitate to offer Fox and 14 for Fiala. Fiala woud be your 2nd best player (assuming you keep your 1st overall pick). If you're lucky, you can find an arbitrage system and sell Fiala for more than that down the road.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would not hesitate to offer Fox and 14 for Fiala. Fiala woud be your 2nd best player (assuming you keep your 1st overall pick). If you're lucky, you can find an arbitrage system and sell Fiala for more than that down the road.
    What if he asks for more?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DocMcPuffin View Post
    What if he asks for more?
    Then I'd probably come back here and seek advice. Basically, I would not move 1st overall, Kaprizov, or your goalies.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I absolutely will not be dealing that 1st overall haha! Also, bringing up Kaprizov was a moment of weakness LOL! I will for sure come back with a counter if he asks.