Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sorokin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Sorokin

I heard he will be great, Dobber have him first on his top G prospects list.

Is he that good ?

Is there some good chance he will be top 10 G in 2 seasons?
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Sorokin

No chance for top 10 in 2 seasons as Varlamov got 3 more years on his deal. 2-3 years the torch will be passed to Sorokin
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Ace

Yes, he's that good. Hit up the 'ol Google search engine and look for articles and posts from a few years back, comparing Sorokin to Shesterkin. I remember doing so around three years ago, and it seemed like Sorokin was usually given the slight edge over Shesterkin in terms of who the better goalie was. I'm not saying that will be the case now, as the team in front, and, as mentioned above, the veterans on long term contracts, plays a big role. Basically, yes, assuming his development continues as expected, he should be a top goalie in the NHL. Not next year, probably not the following year, but in three years? Sure.

Dobber Sports Star

Next year is Varlamov and probably someone else.
    Two years is Varlamov and Sorokin splitting time.
    Three years is Sorokin with Varlamov backing him up.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think Sorokin and Varly actually start splitting pretty evenly as soon as next season.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think Sorokin and Varly actually start splitting pretty evenly as soon as next season.
    As long as Greiss doesn't resign
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Titan

Sorokin is signed for $2M next season. They're not putting him in the AHL with that, so they aren't bringing Greiss back.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Sorokin is signed for $2M next season. They're not putting him in the AHL with that, so they aren't bringing Greiss back.
    Good point but it's Trotz and the Islanders....... Unconventional
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think there's a good chance Sorokin gets some AHL time if he struggles early, especially with ice dimensions. Might even start there for a couple weeks.

I doubt he's top 10 in the next 2 years, because Varlamov is playing great now, and Trotz is loyal to veterans who perform well. So I doubt he wrests a starter's gig, more like a 40% backup share year 1, maybe 50-50 year 2, and he has to play up to that level; which is likely on a Trotz team.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

He plays well enough from the start, I think we see him and Varly split. Varly starts to struggle in a year or so, I feel Sorokin takes over and they've got a real expensive backup in Varly. Varly continues to play well, they don't need to rush Sorokin so he very well could stay a backup until Varly's deal is up. He looks really good but hasn't played an NHL game yet, so it's really a guess at how well he'll do.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Icon

He should be a decent back up NHL goalie next season. After that, who knows! I doubt he's a top 10 goalie any time soon though.

Dobber Sports Deity

Can he be a top 10 goalie in 2-3 yrs. Never say never but I'm not expecting it. 4-5 yrs? Quite possibly but there's a lot of good goalies in the league.

In the end, he is highly regarded and will be brought along at the right place. He's got one of the best goalie coaches in NY in Mitch Korn. All signs point to future success.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

equally touted as shesterkin and shesty has pretty much shown he's ready to roll as nyr's #1 .

maybe some time to learn the angles of the smaller sizes rink which he's kinda getting used to in some ways by practicing in the bubble .

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    equally touted as shesterkin and shesty has pretty much shown he's ready to roll as nyr's #1 .

maybe some time to learn the angles of the smaller sizes rink which he's kinda getting used to in some ways by practicing in the bubble .
    Better opportunity in Manhattan tho.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Better opportunity in Manhattan tho.
    I dont think varlamov is going to be hard to knock out tbh . He's a quality second tier G but if sorokin helps trotz win games 2-1 , 2-0 he's going to ride him .

sorokin is 25 , not a green 21 year old