Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sorokin

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Sorokin

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I dont think varlamov is going to be hard to knock out tbh . He's a quality second tier G but if sorokin helps trotz win games 2-1 , 2-0 he's going to ride him .

sorokin is 25 , not a green 21 year old
    True but Varly is earning his money right now and Trotz is no fool. He knows his goalie is coming up big in the playoffs and that's earning his rope in the future.

Varly's greatest issue is, and has always been, his ability to stay healthy. If he goes down that opens the door for Sorokin to start earning his own rope. Maybe Sorokin taking some time from Varlamov is the best thing for his health.

In Manhattan, Shesterkin coming up was just a matter of time. Georgiev was already outplaying Lundqvist so it was easy for Shesterkin to step into a starting role. That's not the case on Long Island where Varly is playing excellent. That's the point I was trying to make when I mentioned opportunity.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I dont think varlamov is going to be hard to knock out tbh . He's a quality second tier G but if sorokin helps trotz win games 2-1 , 2-0 he's going to ride him .

sorokin is 25 , not a green 21 year old
    The problem with locking in to that line of thinking is that it easily translates to this:

I don't think Sorokin is going to be hard to knock out tbh . He's a quality G but if Varlamov helps trotz win games in the playoffs 2-1 , 2-0 he's going to ride him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In my opinion, I believe Sorokin is going to play pretty close to half the games next year, probably something along the lines of a 55/45 split. I can see the Islanders running close to what the Bruins do with Rask/Halak. They are probably perennial playoff contenders so rest the 32 (next year 33) year old Varly and keep him fresh for the playoffs. Sorokin is probably going to get the cushier starts out of the two and in this system, those 36-40 starts could translate to 23-28 wins...which anyone would take from a rookie goalie.

Then the following year, they will probably be in a 1A/1B situation and will ride the hot hand whoever that is (I predict both Sorokin and Varly will get hot during stretches of the season, so again Sorokin will get around 42 starts). But the following year (22/23) is Varly’s last year of his contract, and I believe that is when Sorokin will take the starting job and start close to 55ish games.

I am pretty high on Sorokin and think he will be a top 5-8 talent in the near future 2-3 years from now.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by jtloveshack View Post
    In my opinion, I believe Sorokin is going to play pretty close to half the games next year, probably something along the lines of a 55/45 split. I can see the Islanders running close to what the Bruins do with Rask/Halak. They are probably perennial playoff contenders so rest the 32 (next year 33) year old Varly and keep him fresh for the playoffs. Sorokin is probably going to get the cushier starts out of the two and in this system, those 36-40 starts could translate to 23-28 wins...which anyone would take from a rookie goalie.

Then the following year, they will probably be in a 1A/1B situation and will ride the hot hand whoever that is (I predict both Sorokin and Varly will get hot during stretches of the season, so again Sorokin will get around 42 starts). But the following year (22/23) is Varly’s last year of his contract, and I believe that is when Sorokin will take the starting job and start close to 55ish games.

I am pretty high on Sorokin and think he will be a top 5-8 talent in the near future 2-3 years from now.
    I dont know if theres enough cap space to afford sorokins contract after the 20-21 season in which he's still RFA for 1 more season and Varly's 5 mil . Isles might want to lock him in at 6-7 + mil per if he proves he's the real deal and expose Varlamov to Seattle in expansion draft.

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont know if theres enough cap space to afford sorokins contract after the 20-21 season in which he's still RFA for 1 more season and Varly's 5 mil . Isles might want to lock him in at 6-7 + mil per if he proves he's the real deal and expose Varlamov to Seattle in expansion draft.

Pretty sure his NTC prevents that from happening.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Yup, I thought so as well...I doubt he would waive it like MAF did.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    you need a no move clause to remove yourself from consideration to being exposed .

he only has a no trade clause

Dobber Sports Deity

you need a no move clause to remove yourself from consideration to being exposed .

he only has a no trade clause
    Gotcha.