Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2020 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier II

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: 2020 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier II

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Excited... I log into the draft... to find out I am drafting in the 9 slot. Major disappointment. No chance at my boy CMC... no chance at Zeke or Barkley or any of the top top RB.

1. Michael Thomas - I did not expect for 8 straight RBs to go and I thought I was going to get the worst of the top 8 RBs... but I lucked out and got the best WR in the game. Hoping he can get 85-90% of the points he got last year and I will be happy with this pick at 9th overall.

2. Kenyan Drake - I maybe reached a bit hear compared to ADP... but listening to the Fantasy Footballers, Arizona is going to have a lot of offensive plays per game and the way Drake ended the season, he could be a top 8 RB.

3. Chris Carson -
    Wanted to get another RB on a good offense and Carson was great for me last year in another league... so I went with him.

4. DJ Moore - Homer pick here. I think Carolina is going to be behind in lots of games... and hopefully Teddy can connect with Moore for fantasy relevance.

5. Cam Akers - Before the draft I was doing some last minute research and it said that the WRs and RB from the Rams were all being drafted to late. Taking a rookie RB is risky here... but I hope the Rams have a good offensive year.

6. DJ Chark -
    He did well on a bad offense last year... can he do the same this year? Hope so! After 6 rounds I have 3RB and 3WR... this is always how I build my teams. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

7. Courtland Sutton - I think the Broncos offense takes a leap forward this year. And Sutton was good last year, hopefully Lock doesn't throw to the other weapons too much.

8. Evan Engram - I think Engram is falling way to low in drafts and I seem to be getting him in round 7 or 8 in lots of drafts... so I am maybe higher than I should be on him. He is just so talented and needs to stay healthy.

9. Antonio Gibson -
    Another result of listening to the Fantasy Footballers, they are super high on him now that AP is gone. Don't like having a RB on a crappy team like Washington.

10/11 - Jarvis Landry and Jamison Crowder -
    Not sexy touchdown picks... but guys that catch the ball alot. And I think we see a huge leap from Sam Darnold this year... Jared Goff type leap.

12. Aaron Rodgers - I feel for the name value here. Rodgers just isn't the sexy QB pick anymore. But I needed a QB. Playing the Vikings in Week 1 is risky, but I can't draft a second QB! OR can I? I seriously start considering it.

13. Eagles D - I don't usually draft a D before the second last round... but I couldn't pass up the week 1 matchup against Washington.

14. Kerryon Johnson -
    I heard that Kerryon my Wayward was going to be the starter in Week 1... so I am grabbed him hoping this was true.

15. Jason Myers -Because I had to draft a kicker... I hate kickers... I think kickers should not be part of fantasy football...

After the draft I start thinking about team name. Its got to be a country song... these thoughts came to me:

- Achy Drake-y Hear
    - Streets of Akers-field
    - Fast Carson Freedom

And I loved them all...but I decided upon Fast Carson Freedom
    Better than my autodraft

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If my team could go ahead and save some points for next week, it would be great.
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Guru

Just to show how little I've been following football this offseason, I thought Teddy Bridgewater was still the Saints backup until I flipped on the Carolina game.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Guru

So how's everybody enjoying the first week. I already hate fantasy football and the week isn't done yet.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    So how's everybody enjoying the first week. I already hate fantasy football and the week isn't done yet.
    I hate fantasy football big time. in my three main leagues I ran into big time opponents.

Jackson - Adams - Thielen - in this league.

Allen - Jacobs - Carson - Ridley - In my Money league

why can’t I run into a matchup against Thomas when he has a bad week. Watch when I play Thomas team he will have 120 and 2.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Guru

In week 1, I was projected to score 117.21 points versus my opponent's 120.78. Instead, I got outscored 160.58-105.14, the biggest blowout of the week.

In week 2, I was projected to score 117.70 versus 121.06 for my opponent. Another close projected matchup. Again, I get hammered, losing 139 to 96.18, and again the biggest blowout of the week.

I'd like to congratulate my opponent in advance this week for what will undoubtaly be a 200-point victory.

Dobber Sports Icon

In week 1, I was projected to score 117.21 points versus my opponent's 120.78. Instead, I got outscored 160.58-105.14, the biggest blowout of the week.

In week 2, I was projected to score 117.70 versus 121.06 for my opponent. Another close projected matchup. Again, I get hammered, losing 139 to 96.18, and again the biggest blowout of the week.

I'd like to congratulate my opponent in advance this week for what will undoubtaly be a 200-point victory.
    Just do me a favor and keep that streak going to week 4 please sir

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm very ecstatic my overachieving sack of autodrafts gets to play the Cowboys this week....this should be a nice reality stinger.

Dobber Sports Icon

Oh man, I didn’t think I had a chance in a close matchup last night!

Going into the night i has a slight edge of 111.30 - 105.1. I had Aaron Jones playing while he still had Patrick Mahomes and Julio Jones.

Ended up eking out the victory 130.90 to 130.54. Closest margin I think I’ve ever had.

Dobber Sports Guru

Don't forget to check the lineups. With the schedule switching around bye weeks, always good to double check.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Off. Crashing back to earth this week. Wilson on a by week and both starting RBs out. Henry going off certainly didn't help.
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Icon

Going up against a 1-5 team that hasn’t broke 100 points since week 1 and has Lamar Jackson on a bye... should be easy pickings right?

He goes off for 146 points and is one of only two teams (based on projections going into Monday) that would have beat me this week.

At least I lost by enough that my WW pickup of Boston Scott sitting on my bench didn’t end up being the difference.

Oh fantasy football you fickle b**ch

Dobber Sports Guru

I feel your pain. I was going against 0-6 PenguinHunter who didn't dress a defense. Originally favoured by 12 points, that increased to something like 18 points after Thursday night. I only had one player get above his projections. KC scored 43 points, but Mahomes only threw for 200 yards and a TD. CeeDee Lamb had zero catches and one rushing yard. And so on.

PenguinHunter has 115.62 points. I'm at 60.90. He's pretty much lapped me. So frustrating.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I feel your pain. I was going against 0-6 PenguinHunter who didn't dress a defense. Originally favoured by 12 points, that increased to something like 18 points after Thursday night. I only had one player get above his projections. KC scored 43 points, but Mahomes only threw for 200 yards and a TD. CeeDee Lamb had zero catches and one rushing yard. And so on.

PenguinHunter has 115.62 points. I'm at 60.90. He's pretty much lapped me. So frustrating.
    PH has been missing in action recently, last dobber activity on Oct 22. Didn't set his survival pool or pick'em lineup either, which isn't like him as he runs those things and is an avid poster. I imagine something has come up that's keeping him away from fantasy sports at this time. Hope all's good!

I would consider setting his lineup for him for the upcoming week if he hasn't made any changes leading up to Thursday to keep things fair across the board.

(we had a similar issue in tier I with an owner MIA from week 1, but we missed it until week 4 or 5 and a bunch of teams ended up having unfair advantages. Couldn't get a hold of the guy so we just ended up benching his lineup for the rest of the season. I imagine PH has a good excuse for being MIA so I would set his lineup for him moving forward, without making any adds drops, so he can keep going when he hopefully returns.)

Dobber Sports Guru

Good call. I'll start that this week if need to. I'll simply put his best lineup based on projected points. If I need to grab someone off the waiver wire, I will take whoever is projected to get the most points that week.