Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2020 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier II

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: 2020 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier II

I'm looking forward to this year. I think my fatal flaw last year was starting to believe I new what I was doing. Fresh start! And it's not like I can get demoted from tier 2... ��
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm ready to get things rolling!
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The draft is set for Sunday evening?

Is this finalized date? I want to confirm before I commit to another draft.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

I can’t make the Sunday evening draft this week as I’ll be camping. I can do any weekday evening after though. But if it has to be Sunday I will do my best to pre-rank my draft list

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I can’t make the Sunday evening draft this week as I’ll be camping. I can do any weekday evening after though. But if it has to be Sunday I will do my best to pre-rank my draft list
    I am thinking Sunday night of a long weekend is not the best time to get high attendance at the draft.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I am thinking Sunday night of a long weekend is not the best time to get high attendance at the draft.
    Agreed, definitely not the best time for a draft. Is newfcollins the commish? I can try to reach out

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Agreed, definitely not the best time for a draft. Is newfcollins the commish? I can try to reach out
    Yes, newfcollins is taking over commish duties this year.

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

Don’t we usually get to know our draft order in advance too? Not that it really matters now if drafting tomorrow

Dobber Sports Immortal

Goodluck with the draft today!!

Dobber Sports Expert

are we actually drafting tonight? seems like multiples feel this is not the best timing being a long weekend and all.

Dobber Sports Icon

I’m going to draft from the campground tonight but the gf isn’t very impressed. Wish I would have noticed the draft date earlier to speak up then but we didn’t have any discussion about it so I didn’t realize it was more than a placeholder.

Dobber Sports Expert

Yeah I can't make it. Even from my phone. Sure we can figure something out between Monday and Thursday night

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Interesting draft..........i had to draft from a beer share...........evaluating the aftermath now!
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Expert

Always willing to make a trade. Hit me up with your interests. Not terrible for an autodraft but needs some TLC.

Excited... I log into the draft... to find out I am drafting in the 9 slot. Major disappointment. No chance at my boy CMC... no chance at Zeke or Barkley or any of the top top RB.

1. Michael Thomas - I did not expect for 8 straight RBs to go and I thought I was going to get the worst of the top 8 RBs... but I lucked out and got the best WR in the game. Hoping he can get 85-90% of the points he got last year and I will be happy with this pick at 9th overall.

2. Kenyan Drake - I maybe reached a bit hear compared to ADP... but listening to the Fantasy Footballers, Arizona is going to have a lot of offensive plays per game and the way Drake ended the season, he could be a top 8 RB.

3. Chris Carson -
    Wanted to get another RB on a good offense and Carson was great for me last year in another league... so I went with him.

4. DJ Moore - Homer pick here. I think Carolina is going to be behind in lots of games... and hopefully Teddy can connect with Moore for fantasy relevance.

5. Cam Akers - Before the draft I was doing some last minute research and it said that the WRs and RB from the Rams were all being drafted to late. Taking a rookie RB is risky here... but I hope the Rams have a good offensive year.

6. DJ Chark -
    He did well on a bad offense last year... can he do the same this year? Hope so! After 6 rounds I have 3RB and 3WR... this is always how I build my teams. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

7. Courtland Sutton - I think the Broncos offense takes a leap forward this year. And Sutton was good last year, hopefully Lock doesn't throw to the other weapons too much.

8. Evan Engram - I think Engram is falling way to low in drafts and I seem to be getting him in round 7 or 8 in lots of drafts... so I am maybe higher than I should be on him. He is just so talented and needs to stay healthy.

9. Antonio Gibson -
    Another result of listening to the Fantasy Footballers, they are super high on him now that AP is gone. Don't like having a RB on a crappy team like Washington.

10/11 - Jarvis Landry and Jamison Crowder -
    Not sexy touchdown picks... but guys that catch the ball alot. And I think we see a huge leap from Sam Darnold this year... Jared Goff type leap.

12. Aaron Rodgers - I feel for the name value here. Rodgers just isn't the sexy QB pick anymore. But I needed a QB. Playing the Vikings in Week 1 is risky, but I can't draft a second QB! OR can I? I seriously start considering it.

13. Eagles D - I don't usually draft a D before the second last round... but I couldn't pass up the week 1 matchup against Washington.

14. Kerryon Johnson -
    I heard that Kerryon my Wayward was going to be the starter in Week 1... so I am grabbed him hoping this was true.

15. Jason Myers -Because I had to draft a kicker... I hate kickers... I think kickers should not be part of fantasy football...

After the draft I start thinking about team name. Its got to be a country song... these thoughts came to me:

- Achy Drake-y Hear
    - Streets of Akers-field
    - Fast Carson Freedom

And I loved them all...but I decided upon Fast Carson Freedom