Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Logan Couture Punched for Saying he would vote Republican

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Logan Couture Punched for Saying he would vote Republican

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    I encourage you to watch Herschel Walker's speech at the RNC.
    Respectfully, he's known POTUS for decades.
    You (I would safely assume?) and I have never met him. Who would know better what Mr. Trump has in his heart - where racism truly resides.
    Even people like Hillary, who may call Donald racist today, were friends with him, prior to him entering politics. Their verbal attacks now are nothing but political showmanship.

Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee had black friends too.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Steve I appreciate your points. But we are dealing with something very abnormal. A once in a lifetime confluence of events that resembles the 1930s more each day. Homeless and jobless everywhere. Clashes in the streets between police and paramilitaries on one side and mostly centrist peaceful protestors on the other. The Q is the new swastika. The red MAGA hat is the new brown shirt. Fascists dont respect civil disobedience or non-violent movements. Fascists cling on to power despite all efforts to extract them, violent and otherwise. Trump styles himself to be a Franco or Pinochet (or Putin), half-joking about a lifetime term.
    Many years ago when I was only 17, I swore the oath to support protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. It doesnt matter that I havent been in the Marine Corps for two decades. Fascism is where I draw a big fat line in the sand.
    It has to be stopped here. This election is American democracy's last ditch.
    I wish I was being theatrical and overexaggerating. But I'm not.
    I think Putin is a good comp, but I don't think Pinochet or Franco are, simply due to the power level of their nations. He is the first president that I think would actually want test for a third term, but that's only because his campaign (which I think was mostly a publicity stunt at first) got him elected over a weak candidate.

I understand how exaggerated beliefs can be right now, and have been. I've been called a radical from "both sides of the aisle", so I'm someone who is either a left wing extremist & a right wing extremist simultaneously, or a moderate being called that by those who far to my wings. Ironically, some of those people calling me that on both sides think I could do a better job than the guy in charge, which leaves me very confused about their thinking. My libertarian friends don't call me an extremist, though.

I'm hoping you are exaggerating and/or wrong.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

I feel like I am in the twilight zone, when did people lose all common sense? Hearing people say you deserve to be punched if you support Trump is horrible. You are part of the problem and radically left. There is radically right too see Kyle Rittenhouse. Never have two political lines been so divided and it's sad to see. I honestly think this is by design to keep only two political party's in power I am economically Conservative but a lot of my views are liberal. I think both party's are getting so radical in their views, that having an independent in the middle seems the most logical to me.

Here are some facts for you...

"According to The Guardian's database, in 2016 the rate of fatal police shootings per million was 10.13 for Native Americans, 6.6 for black people, 3.23 for Hispanics; 2.9 for white people and 1.17 for Asians.[12] In absolute numbers, police kill more white people than any other race or ethnicity, however this is because white people make up the largest proportion of the US population" This to me hardly says there is a massive problem. The media is portraying black people fear for their life's from officers.

"According to the US Department of Justice, African Americans accounted for 52.5% of all homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with Whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for African Americans was almost eight times higher than Whites, and the victim rate six times higher. Most homicides were intraracial, with 84% of White victims killed by Whites and 93% of African American victims killed by African Americans" Highest death rates are African American on African American at 93%. There offending rate is over 8 times higher! This is the problem.

The last thing I find ridiculous is the media painting Jacob Blake like he was innocent. Did he deserve to be shot like he did? No. But he was far from innocent. He had a criminal record, a warrant for his arrest and was driving around with his kids with a knife in his vehicle.

Give your self righteous heads a shake. Then as others have pointed out, you feel the best way to combat this is more violence?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    "According to The Guardian's database, in 2016 the rate of fatal police shootings per million was 10.13 for Native Americans, 6.6 for black people, 3.23 for Hispanics; 2.9 for white people and 1.17 for Asians.[12] In absolute numbers, police kill more white people than any other race or ethnicity, however this is because white people make up the largest proportion of the US population" This to me hardly says there is a massive problem. The media is portraying black people fear for their life's from officers.
    My favorite part of people quoting these stats is the takeaway is always "see black people are wrong" instead of "man the police are killing a lot of people maybe there really is a big problem that needs to be changed".

Just a little reminder that the mandate of police is "serve and protect" not "shoot for fun and sport".

Specifically in America, more and more police act on the "shoot first, ask questions later" mandate and that is a MASSIVE problem, no matter who they are killing. It doesn't really matter if you think systematic racism is a problem in America (I mean, it really does matter but for the purposes of this conversation) it's unfathomable that people are just fine with a "kill for sport" police policy.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    My favorite part of people quoting these stats is the takeaway is always "see black people are wrong" instead of "man the police are killing a lot of people maybe there really is a big problem that needs to be changed".

Just a little reminder that the mandate of police is "serve and protect" not "shoot for fun and sport".

Specifically in America, more and more police act on the "shoot first, ask questions later" mandate and that is a MASSIVE problem, no matter who they are killing. It doesn't really matter if you think systematic racism is a problem in America (I mean, it really does matter but for the purposes of this conversation) it's unfathomable that people are just fine with a "kill for sport" police policy.
    Are you actually reading the statistics? Black people are killed by the police at a rate of 6.6 per million. Out of those 6.6 there probably is some that are justified shootings where the cop actually had a reason. There also is some like the Jacob Blake case where the cop had no right to discharge his weapon. The point being were talking about a percentage of 0.00066% of African American people get killed by police officers per million. Maybe you should be questioning why the media is trying portray it like cops are blood thirsty bigots trying to kill black people. Also maybe they should stop portraying it like black people need to fear for their life's every time they step out the door or see a police officer. They don't report the stats or even the criminal history of the martyr because they are purposely trying to get people to feel something. It's poor journalism and it's hurting more then its helping.

Dobber Sports Pro

Are you actually reading the statistics? Black people are killed by the police at a rate of 6.6 per million. Out of those 6.6 there probably is some that are justified shootings where the cop actually had a reason. There also is some like the Jacob Blake case where the cop had no right to discharge his weapon. The point being were talking about a percentage of 0.00066% of African American people get killed by police officers per million. Maybe you should be questioning why the media is trying portray it like cops are blood thirsty bigots trying to kill black people. Also maybe they should stop portraying it like black people need to fear for their life's every time they step out the door or see a police officer. They don't report the stats or even the criminal history of the martyr because they are purposely trying to get people to feel something. It's poor journalism and it's hurting more then its helping.
    So if black people don't watch the news, they should have nothing to fear? Got it!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    So if black people don't watch the news, they should have nothing to fear? Got it!
    Well they don't have to fear cops period. If they really wanted to apply the 80/20 rule they would not be targeting cleaning up law enforcement but cleaning up there own back yard where they kill each other at a higher rate and volume. I also don't even think the main driver of that is race, rather poverty.

So cops are killing roughly 7000-8000 people a year? Yep I still see that as a major problem, turns out I read the stats correctly.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    So cops are killing roughly 7000-8000 people a year? Yep I still see that as a major problem, turns out I read the stats correctly.
    Where do you get those numbers from? The African American population is 41.4 million people in the US which means that if you take the per million averages presented above, roughly 273.24 African American people per year get killed by cops.

Dobber Sports Genius

This ariticle says its only been 751 killings by police so far in 2020

https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/

Dobber Sports Genius

Here's a great example of how the media twists story's. The victims who were shot during the riots....

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...wwa-story.html

"The two men who were gunned down during a chaotic night of demonstrations over the shooting of Jacob Blake in Wisconsin this week have been identified by family and friends as “sweet” and “loving” protesters."

But read until the end....

"Online arrest records show Huber was arrested several times on battery, drugs and other charges. Rosenbaum had an open criminal case on battery, disorderly conduct and domestic abuse charges, according to the Wisconsin Circuit Court website. His previous record could not immediately be confirmed."

Wow they sure sound like sweet individuals... Go ahead don't do any research and believe exactly what CNN feeds you. Everyone sounds like scared sheep to me following the popular narrative.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Everyone sounds like scared sheep to me following the popular narrative.
    We can blame the nursery rhyme on this... we were taught at a young age to say... 'Yes Sir, yes sir' without really questioning what they wanted the wool for... maybe it was to pull over our eyes??
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Where do you get those numbers from? The African American population is 41.4 million people in the US which means that if you take the per million averages presented above, roughly 273.24 African American people per year get killed by cops.
    I didn’t say African American people. I said people.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee had black friends too.
    The only attraction for Trump is the fact that Herschel is rich and a celebrity.

Dobber Sports Star

The last thing I find ridiculous is the media painting Jacob Blake like he was innocent. Did he deserve to be shot like he did? No. But he was far from innocent. He had a criminal record, a warrant for his arrest and was driving around with his kids with a knife in his vehicle.
    Far from innocent? What does that have to do with anything? I guess they should shoot him 7 times in the back, then? He was probably a jay-walker, too... Are you one of the people Who bring up that George Floyd was high when he was murdered or that he had a criminal record? Black people don’t have to fear the police, period? Have you not seen the videos? There just aren’t videos like that of white people being murdered by the police. Sorry man, you are part of the problem...

Rylant