Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Logan Couture Punched for Saying he would vote Republican

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Logan Couture Punched for Saying he would vote Republican

Tough to talk it out when someone is kneeling on your neck.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm really ok with him getting punch tbh. It's over political, it's about the humain kind.

WE have to make racism as intolerable as a crime & WE no-racist have declare racist the worst kind of people alive.

Say whatever you want about Donald Trump; good with the economy? Maybe... Good speaker? Maybe... A man of action? Maybe... It's poilitical, you have your right.
    BUT he is CLEARLY racist and makes it acceptable. And that...that piss me off.

So for Logan Couture to just mentionned the name of Trump. In this climate, is for me, as bad as saying:"I would vote for Bill Cosby" or for Canadian :"Gabriel Wortman is not a bad person" and look at people reaction. What the point of doing that? YOU ARE NOT EVEN AMERICAN! It's like a kid that says the f-bomb because he wants to show everyone he knows that word.

As white, it seems like we're more concerned with being called racist than we actually are with racism and I really prefer to live in a world where you get punch for saying stupid stuff than a world full of racial inequality.

I'll leave it at that. Sorry for my english, I'm french-can
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Wow. Attitudes like this are exactly why Trump has a chance to win. Intimidation and violence is NOT the answer. If you can't talk about the issues without resorting to violence, then all hope is lost. I think it's rich that those on the Orange Man Bad side of the ledger think it's okay to act like fascists while calling the other side fascists. I can't imagine how bad it might get in the U.S. if Trump wins re-election. Civil war? It will get even uglier. If the Democrats win, will the right pull the same crap by "protesting peacefully", loot and burn cities to the ground? It won't end well for anyone if politics devolves into never ending cycles of protests and violence. Why does it have to be all or nothing, with us or against us? Where are all the moderates and why are their voices being silenced? Oh right, threats and violence, right. I'll be watching the U.S. election results with my popcorn. It's going to get spicy!
    Outstanding. I wish I could rep this 100 times.
    While we definitely disagree on who is a better candidate to bring America back from Covid, I can't say enough how appreciative I am to see folks displaying decency, tolerance and objectivity - also recognizing immediately the hypocrisy of certain posts.
    If only the radicals (on both sides) took the same approach.
    I would buy you a cold one any day.
    Cheers and have a good weekend.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    I'm really ok with him getting punch tbh. It's over political, it's about the humain kind.

WE have to make racism as intolerable as a crime & WE no-racist have declare racist the worst kind of people alive.

Say whatever you want about Donald Trump; good with the economy? Maybe... Good speaker? Maybe... A man of action? Maybe... It's poilitical, you have your right.

So for Logan Couture to just mentionned the name of Trump. In this climate, is for me, as bad as saying:"I would vote for Bill Cosby" or for Canadian :"Gabriel Wortman is not a bad person" and look at people reaction. What the point of doing that? YOU ARE NOT EVEN AMERICAN! It's like a kid that says the f-bomb because he wants to show everyone he knows that word.

As white, it seems like we're more concerned with being called racist than we actually are with racism and I really prefer to live in a world where you get punch for saying stupid stuff than a world full of racial inequality.

I encourage you to watch Herschel Walker's speech at the RNC.
    Respectfully, he's known POTUS for decades.
    You (I would safely assume?) and I have never met him. Who would know better what Mr. Trump has in his heart - where racism truly resides.
    Even people like Hillary, who may call Donald racist today, were friends with him, prior to him entering politics. Their verbal attacks now are nothing but political showmanship.

Dobber Sports Pro

Wow. Attitudes like this are exactly why Trump has a chance to win. Intimidation and violence is NOT the answer. If you can't talk about the issues without resorting to violence, then all hope is lost. I think it's rich that those on the Orange Man Bad side of the ledger think it's okay to act like fascists while calling the other side fascists. I can't imagine how bad it might get in the U.S. if Trump wins re-election. Civil war? It will get even uglier. If the Democrats win, will the right pull the same crap by "protesting peacefully", loot and burn cities to the ground? It won't end well for anyone if politics devolves into never ending cycles of protests and violence. Why does it have to be all or nothing, with us or against us? Where are all the moderates and why are their voices being silenced? Oh right, threats and violence, right. I'll be watching the U.S. election results with my popcorn. It's going to get spicy!
    Not sure how it can be worse than a 2nd US civil war. But I'm of the mind that the American people may need a good blood letting to run its course. If the Democrats win, then I can see a lot of right wing domestic terrorism on a scale that the USA hasn't seen before, and Trump will be fanning the flames one way or another.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Considering the left wing "domestic terrorism" that has already been destroying many American cities for the last several months, I think it's fair to say that, yes, America is in for some nasty violence if Mr. Trump is re-elected.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    I encourage you to watch Herschel Walker's speech at the RNC.
    Respectfully, he's known POTUS for decades.
    You (I would safely assume?) and I have never met him. Who would know better what Mr. Trump has in his heart - where racism truly resides.
    Even people like Hillary, who may call Donald racist today, were friends with him, prior to him entering politics. Their verbal attacks now are nothing but political showmanship.
    I don't want to get into a debate, because I know I can't change you and like I said, I agree that racism transcend political party but,

You want the name of the countless black men and women that think he is racist or you can just type "why is Trump building a wall?" Trump IS showing a partern of clear racism. From stereotyping a Black reporter to pandering to white supremacists after they held a violent rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, to making a joke about the Trail of Tears, Trump hasn’t stopped with racist. But hey, if you can't see that today, that's fine.

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't want to get into a debate, because I know I can't change you and like I said, I agree that racism transcend political party but,

You want the name of the countless black men and women that think he is racist or you can just type "why is Trump building a wall?" Trump IS showing a partern of clear racism. From stereotyping a Black reporter to pandering to white supremacists after they held a violent rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, to making a joke about the Trail of Tears, Trump hasn’t stopped with racist. But hey, if you can't see that today, that's fine.
    But hey! How can Donald be racist if he has black friends like Herschel Walker and Kayne West? It all flies in the face of conservative echo chamber logic!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Soooo, if I don't like your politics, it's okay if I punch you in the face? Who decides which politics is righteous or which is punch-worthy? You? Me? Antifa? KKK? Democratic Party? Republican Party? Tea Party? Justin Bieber?

100% I condemn racists and racist conduct. 100%

Ugh, I am not a Trump fan. I think he is uncouth, he speaks his mind and he really shouldn't because it exposes him as an idiot, but to say he is clearly racist I think is something pushed by the media, yet I don't see the evidence of that. Clearly? Not from what I've seen. What I find funny is that during the Democratic leadership convention, Kamala Harris essentially accused Joe Biden of being a racist! Now she is running as his VP. Does she now think he's NOT a racist or was she just grandstanding? Using race for politics? Yeah, shocking stuff, right?

Words are not violence. Mentioning the name of a sitting President, no matter how much he is hated, should not mean you get attacked. People in the U.S. can't openly show support for Trump without fear of being attacked or their home vandalized. Americans are supposed to have free speech, so even if you disagree with someone, they are supposed to have the right to say it. I get that there are consequences for things you say, but saying you support the sitting President shouldn't result in being attacked.

This next point is something I think you have wrong. It's not that as a white person, we're more concerned with being called racist, it's when you are being called a racist WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE/PROOF/FACTS supporting that claim. It's weak when someone who knows nothing about you other than they disagree with your opinion, labels you a racist. If I don't agree with unlimited immigration, then I get labelled a racist by people who can't come up with any arguments to sway my opinion? That's lazy and weak.

There is nothing wrong with your english, you got your points across just fine and your english is waaaayyyy better than my french!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I dont have a problem with it at all.
    Many people who voted GOP in 2016 were gullible rubes who get fleeced every day at church, work, etc.
    This time is different. Everyone knows Trump is a fascist and his party is a cult. If you vote for Trump now you are also a fascist. I can think of many more vicious and suitable punishments for fascists. In a short while a punch in the face will be the least of their worries.
    A lot of ignorant people who weren't paying attention voted for Trump in 2016 but if someone is still a Trump supporter in 2020 it speaks volumes about their character. Trump has proven himself to be racist, homophobic, xenophobic, and sexist in his 4 years in office. And Trump personally is a disgusting human being on just about every level. I get so tired of people saying that Democrats can't accept others with a different opinion. When it comes to Trump supporters, it's not simply a difference of opinion. It's a difference in morality.

And I didn't even speak about his politics or his bumbling of COVID-19.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt, Hayton
    RW- Batherson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Stone, Wilson, Raymond,
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Ristolainen, Cernak, Barrie
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Levi, Tarasov

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Mintyukov, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, Podskolvin, REvans, Dorofeyev, Anunumen

Dobber Sports Initiate

Soooo, if I don't like your politics, it's okay if I punch you in the face? Who decides which politics is righteous or which is punch-worthy? You? Me? Antifa? KKK? Democratic Party? Republican Party? Tea Party? Justin Bieber?

100% I condemn racists and racist conduct. 100%

Ugh, I am not a Trump fan. I think he is uncouth, he speaks his mind and he really shouldn't because it exposes him as an idiot, but to say he is clearly racist I think is something pushed by the media, yet I don't see the evidence of that. Clearly? Not from what I've seen. What I find funny is that during the Democratic leadership convention, Kamala Harris essentially accused Joe Biden of being a racist! Now she is running as his VP. Does she now think he's NOT a racist or was she just grandstanding? Using race for politics? Yeah, shocking stuff, right?

Words are not violence. Mentioning the name of a sitting President, no matter how much he is hated, should not mean you get attacked. People in the U.S. can't openly show support for Trump without fear of being attacked or their home vandalized. Americans are supposed to have free speech, so even if you disagree with someone, they are supposed to have the right to say it. I get that there are consequences for things you say, but saying you support the sitting President shouldn't result in being attacked.

This next point is something I think you have wrong. It's not that as a white person, we're more concerned with being called racist, it's when you are being called a racist WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE/PROOF/FACTS supporting that claim. It's weak when someone who knows nothing about you other than they disagree with your opinion, labels you a racist. If I don't agree with unlimited immigration, then I get labelled a racist by people who can't come up with any arguments to sway my opinion? That's lazy and weak.

There is nothing wrong with your english, you got your points across just fine and your english is waaaayyyy better than my french!

I can understand your point. It's a hard subject tbh. I agree ,you shouldn't get punch in the face for your poitical views. Hell you have the right to be liberals, conservative, NPD and whatever. You might even not like Trudeau's politics. But I know for a fact that he hasn't tweeted about a politicalwomen of color: "Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime-infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done." like Trump did that's for sure. I'm sick and tired of people putting there head in the sand and accepting it as normal because it is not (I'm not sying you are, 'cause you write like someone open minded) or people saying:" not my country, not my problem". Let me ask you one question. Why people at his rally are showing up with confederate flag? certainly not beacause it's pretty, they know what it represent.

Maybe Couture's not racist but it wasn't the right move.
    And I always said that calling someone racist without any proof to destroy their life his as worst as beeing one. I don't think it's push by the media.

Dobber Sports Sage

Preach on, Canadian. Sit atop your ivory igloo and tell us Americans how to behave when a faction of fascists takes direct action against our Constitution and our way of life. All of your opinions are noted, but if you arent an American who is living in Trump's Amerika then you are just a spectator.

PS: Its going to be more than spicy. I will be really surprised if there isnt a civil war going by December.

Dobber Sports Stud

"If anyone disagrees with my world view- you get physically harmed"

Wondering why so many people "against facism" promote violence. Could it be....

.....projection?
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Preach on, Canadian. Sit atop your ivory igloo and tell us Americans how to behave when a faction of fascists takes direct action against our Constitution and our way of life. All of your opinions are noted, but if you arent an American who is living in Trump's Amerika then you are just a spectator.

PS: Its going to be more than spicy. I will be really surprised if there isnt a civil war going by December.
    Haha, love the ivory igloo reference! This spectator (with spicy popcorn!) wasn't really trying to tell you Americans how to behave, I was simply trying to point out that violence begets violence and that the best way to "win over" peoples opinions is with words and positive interactions, not violence. I really hope that after all the votes are counted in November, that there can be some semblance of peace down south.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Not sure how it can be worse than a 2nd US civil war. But I'm of the mind that the American people may need a good blood letting to run its course. If the Democrats win, then I can see a lot of right wing domestic terrorism on a scale that the USA hasn't seen before, and Trump will be fanning the flames one way or another.
    Trump fanning the flames is a huge problem. His dog whistles are also a big problem. There is a reason why politicians should be presidents. Businessmen should not. Especially one with an unethical background that has no diplomacy, no filter, no empathy and is a narcissist to boot. What is happening in America has everything to do with Trump. His divisive rhetoric will proably lead to civil unrest after the election. This is just a prelude to it.