Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Logan Couture Punched for Saying he would vote Republican

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Logan Couture Punched for Saying he would vote Republican

https://ca.yahoo.com/sports/news/sha...020750884.html

I would never publicly state I support Trump or the Republicans the left is not tolerable. Radicalism at its best.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Logan Couture Punched for Saying he would vote Republican

He's put out a second statement basically walking it back.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    He's put out a second statement basically walking it back.
    Do you think his first statement or his 2nd statement after public criticism was actually his beliefs? In the cancel culture we live in today anyone in the public eye has to follow popular narrative or they risk their careers.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Do you think his first statement or his 2nd statement after public criticism was actually his beliefs? In the cancel culture we live in today anyone in the public eye has to follow popular narrative or they risk their careers.
    To be honest I don't really care who he would vote for. I think the conflicting messages from him aren't great, and since he's caught in the middle now his actions moving forward an really speak.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

He pretty much stated his previous statements of racism and what not was fluff talk.

Whatever, if you take your political stance from athletes, you're learning the wrong way, especially a Canadian NHLer talking about American politics.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Left leaning athletes/celebrities vocalize their political stance and the masses gush over every word.

Right leaning athletes/celebrities voice their opinion and the response is "why listen to rich athletes/celebrities who don't live in the real world!?"

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Left leaning athletes/celebrities vocalize their political stance and the masses gush over every word.

Right leaning athletes/celebrities voice their opinion and the response is "why listen to rich athletes/celebrities who don't live in the real world!?"
    It really is advice every political side should take. However, mostly in the states, people are far too deadset on their view to change it. "Born into it, raised into it, only view point is it." seems to be the broad paint stroke of the political view point in the states.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It really is advice every political side should take. However, mostly in the states, people are far too deadset on their view to change it. "Born into it, raised into it, only view point is it." seems to be the broad paint stroke of the political view point in the states.
    I think it mainly comes down to the MSM though.

A child is growing up in a home where they either see Fox or CNN on TV because that's what their parents are watching, and subconsciously they are being programmed to lean one way or the other.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I mean. Couture said he was punched in the face, and said it was for saying he would vote Republican.

Are assault charges coming/pending?

Seems like a lot of jumping to conclusions from right leaning outlets who constantly stress "we gotta hear both sides" on issues much worse than a punch, so.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    I think it mainly comes down to the MSM though.

A child is growing up in a home where they either see Fox or CNN on TV because that's what their parents are watching, and subconsciously they are being programmed to lean one way or the other.
    Yeah. In Canada I see much more "independent" family voting. And people tend to adjust who they vote for based on their beliefs that point in their life. States is "born and raised _____ and that's all I vote for. Can't change my mind".

And that very well could be the media in Canada vs USA. USA has 2 popular, very polar channels. Canada doesn't really have that.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I mean. Couture said he was punched in the face, and said it was for saying he would vote Republican.

Are assault charges coming/pending?

Seems like a lot of jumping to conclusions from right leaning outlets who constantly stress "we gotta hear both sides" on issues much worse than a punch, so.
    There was even a rumour that was spreading the punch never happened and Couture just made it up because it sounded so outlandish and nothing came to the forefront when it happened.

I'm not saying Couture is lying though. But it is very much a "WOO to the puncher guy!" rather than, "WTF, that guy just assaulted someone!"

Dobber Sports Sage

I dont have a problem with it at all.
    Many people who voted GOP in 2016 were gullible rubes who get fleeced every day at church, work, etc.
    This time is different. Everyone knows Trump is a fascist and his party is a cult. If you vote for Trump now you are also a fascist. I can think of many more vicious and suitable punishments for fascists. In a short while a punch in the face will be the least of their worries.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Many people who voted GOP in 2016 were gullible rubes who get fleeced every day at church, work, etc.
    This time is different. Everyone knows Trump is a fascist and his party is a cult. If you vote for Trump now you are also a fascist. I can think of many more vicious and suitable punishments for fascists. In a short while a punch in the face will be the least of their worries.
    El Oh El

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Amen.
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wow. Attitudes like this are exactly why Trump has a chance to win. Intimidation and violence is NOT the answer. If you can't talk about the issues without resorting to violence, then all hope is lost. I think it's rich that those on the Orange Man Bad side of the ledger think it's okay to act like fascists while calling the other side fascists. I can't imagine how bad it might get in the U.S. if Trump wins re-election. Civil war? It will get even uglier. If the Democrats win, will the right pull the same crap by "protesting peacefully", loot and burn cities to the ground? It won't end well for anyone if politics devolves into never ending cycles of protests and violence. Why does it have to be all or nothing, with us or against us? Where are all the moderates and why are their voices being silenced? Oh right, threats and violence, right. I'll be watching the U.S. election results with my popcorn. It's going to get spicy!