Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: NBA Teams Boycott / NBA Postpones games

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: NBA Teams Boycott / NBA Postpones games

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    What a bunch of biased BS, blaming the left for exasperating the racist problem.

Meanwhile you have legit far right groups know for being aggressively hateful spoiling for a fight:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...M1m?li=AAggXBV
    Biased BS? Watch CNN or CBC to see biased/one sided commentary.

So you're just going to ignore all the "peaceful protests" in the U.S. that result in blocks of businesses being burned down under the guise of racist actions by police (were their actions motivated by race or were they just bad decisions/shoots by police?). The comment you bolded was intended to highlight that it is only seemingly the left side of the spectrum that appears to be literally burning and looting and that will not solve the issues that many POC face on a day to day basis. That's all I was trying to say. Yes, there are bad people on the right side of the political spectrum, but I don't see them laying siege to cities, burning and looting businesses.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post

So you're just going to ignore all the "peaceful protests" in the U.S. that result in blocks of businesses being burned down under the guise of racist actions by police (were their actions motivated by race or were they just bad decisions/shoots by police?). The comment you bolded was intended to highlight that it is only seemingly the left side of the spectrum that appears to be literally burning and looting and that will not solve the issues that many POC face on a day to day basis. That's all I was trying to say. Yes, there are bad people on the right side of the political spectrum, but I don't see them laying siege to cities, burning and looting businesses.
    Already largely shown that most of the burning and looting was caused by right wing groups deliberately trying to elicit this response. Or cops. They did a lot of it too. But don't let facts get in the way.

Dobber Sports Pro

CBC is not the overtly biased organization that you desperately want to believe it is, that is pure right wing rhetoric. CNN does not report (at least not much) in Canada. The link I supplied is factual with no spin and happened in Red Deer, Canada so let's not confuse with what's going on in the USA. Anti-Racism protests in Canada have been very much peaceful. But you seem to want to gloss over the fact that groups like the Yellow-vest movement and the Sons of Odin were looking to threaten this protest days before and crack heads the day of the protest?

And what left side of the spectrum is literally going out causing all the rioting and looting? Card carrying Democrats? Because the answer would be NO. The protests in the USA are attracting so many bad actors and groups with many different agendas to cause chaos and damage. And most these groups are right leaning or outright anarchists, to blame "the left" solely for those riots is more Trump spin, fantasy, and out right fabrications.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Already largely shown that most of the burning and looting was caused by right wing groups deliberately trying to elicit this response. Or cops. They did a lot of it too. But don't let facts get in the way.
    Clearly we're getting our news from different sources. I've watched dozens of videos/clips of the burning and looting and it all seemed to be done under the banner of BLM and/or Antifa. If you are saying that agitators from the right side of the political spectrum are infiltrating peaceful protests and then leading the burning/looting, I have not seen or heard any proof of this. Wouldn't people from BLM or Antifa want to stop the violence/instigating if they were there to simply peacefully protest? I didn't see a lot of cops instigating, unless you consider trying to end rioting "instigating". I did see a lot of cops having tons of things (commercial grade fireworks, frozen water bottles, feces, urine, fun stuff) thrown at them with the intent to cause harm by the "peaceful" protestors. Your facts seem to differ from what I'm seeing. Also, your post didn't really contain any actual facts, just opinions stated as fact. I am sure that there are unbiased "news" outlets that will "prove" what you saying.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    CBC is not the overtly biased organization that you desperately want to believe it is, that is pure right wing rhetoric. CNN does not report (at least not much) in Canada. The link I supplied is factual with no spin and happened in Red Deer, Canada so let's not confuse with what's going on in the USA. Anti-Racism protests in Canada have been very much peaceful. But you seem to want to gloss over the fact that groups like the Yellow-vest movement and the Sons of Odin were looking to threaten this protest days before and crack heads the day of the protest?

And what left side of the spectrum is literally going out causing all the rioting and looting? Card carrying Democrats? Because the answer would be NO. The protests in the USA are attracting so many bad actors and groups with many different agendas to cause chaos and damage. And most these groups are right leaning or outright anarchists, to blame "the left" solely for those riots is more Trump spin, fantasy, and out right fabrications.
    I agree with you somewhat that the CBC is not overtly biased, however, they lean solidly to the left politically. Also, your choice of the words "you desperately want to believe" is unnecessary. I simply meant to convey that Canada's national news leans/favours one side of the political spectrum more than the other. I have seen them ask tough questions of Liberal ministers and the PM, so they are not simply shills for the Liberal party like CNN is for the Democrats.

Providing one link about far right idiots looking to show up at a protest doesn't mean the far right is any bigger a problem than they always have been. Thankfully, for the most part, we can attend an anti-racism protest in Canada and not experience violence. The USA is a completely different story.

I agree that it's not likely that it's the card carrying Democrats that are going out and causing the rioting/looting in the USA. Again, I agree that it is being caused by many bad actors, mostly (in my opinion) to cause chaos, but and this is a big but, the Democrats haven't until recently called out the violence surrounding these "peaceful" protests thinking it would hurt the Trump campaign. Many of the riots have been happening in Democrat run states/cities and the politicians in charge have been limiting the police response, choosing not to prosecute offenders or going very light on them, which is only enabling/encouraging more violent behaviour.

Dobber Sports Ninja

MediaBiasFactCheck.com does a decent job of breaking down different news outlets. If you compare CBC which is Left-Center/High Factual Reporting you can see that they differ quite a bit from CNN which is listed as Left/Mixed Reporting. It's not a bad source for checking this stuff out as it has helped me to check my own biases on things. I don't care for a source like the Edmonton Sun, they are listed as Right-Center/High Factual Reporting, which surprises me. I still think the writing is designed for a Grade 4 student, but at least I can trust that while I disagree with a lot of their viewpoints (my own bias is skewed more to the center), they are at least trustworthy as a news source.

Check it out Comish, it's not a bad way to get a feel for where these various news sources stand and how much you feel like you might be able to trust their reporting. Of course that doesn't mean by default you can trust everything they write, but it's a decent base to start from.

I agree that it's not likely that it's the card carrying Democrats that are going out and causing the rioting/looting in the USA. Again, I agree that it is being caused by many bad actors, mostly (in my opinion) to cause chaos, but and this is a big but, the Democrats haven't until recently called out the violence surrounding these "peaceful" protests thinking it would hurt the Trump campaign. Many of the riots have been happening in Democrat run states/cities and the politicians in charge have been limiting the police response, choosing not to prosecute offenders or going very light on them, which is only enabling/encouraging more violent behaviour.
    Literally just parroting the words of the czar lol.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...s-overreaches/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53991722

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ngress-chicago

The Democratic run cities thing is such a massive fallacy, it's just something Trump and Trumpets love to spout like it actually means something. Not only does it not carry much in terms of water, it also ignores that most of the problems lay at higher, republican controlled levels of government which block meaningful legislation at every turn.

Dobber Sports Pro

The Democratic run cities thing is such a massive fallacy, it's just something Trump and Trumpets love to spout like it actually means something. Not only does it not carry much in terms of water, it also ignores that most of the problems lay at higher, republican controlled levels of government which block meaningful legislation at every turn.
    Yes, the more populated, larger, and cosmopolitan a city gets the more it tends to have liberal voting tendencies. Just like rural voting areas tend to be more conservative. This has been a multi decade trend in virtually any 1st world democracy in the world. It's ridiculous to presume that (for example) Chicago will instantly become less crime ridden if a Republican mayor or governor were in charge but Trump loves to believe otherwise.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    MediaBiasFactCheck.com does a decent job of breaking down different news outlets. If you compare CBC which is Left-Center/High Factual Reporting you can see that they differ quite a bit from CNN which is listed as Left/Mixed Reporting. It's not a bad source for checking this stuff out as it has helped me to check my own biases on things. I don't care for a source like the Edmonton Sun, they are listed as Right-Center/High Factual Reporting, which surprises me. I still think the writing is designed for a Grade 4 student, but at least I can trust that while I disagree with a lot of their viewpoints (my own bias is skewed more to the center), they are at least trustworthy as a news source.

Check it out Comish, it's not a bad way to get a feel for where these various news sources stand and how much you feel like you might be able to trust their reporting. Of course that doesn't mean by default you can trust everything they write, but it's a decent base to start from.
    I'm surprised by the SUN as well. When it comes the "news" section there seems to be little factual reporting and lots of opinion pieces that are heavy in rhetoric by the authors. Maybe they get points for being factual in the sports reporting which is the only redeeming quality to found?

Dobber Sports Pro

I agree with you somewhat that the CBC is not overtly biased, however, they lean solidly to the left politically. Also, your choice of the words "you desperately want to believe" is unnecessary. I simply meant to convey that Canada's national news leans/favours one side of the political spectrum more than the other. I have seen them ask tough questions of Liberal ministers and the PM, so they are not simply shills for the Liberal party like CNN is for the Democrats.

Providing one link about far right idiots looking to show up at a protest doesn't mean the far right is any bigger a problem than they always have been. Thankfully, for the most part, we can attend an anti-racism protest in Canada and not experience violence. The USA is a completely different story.

So we are just over 50% in agreement....

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oh you sweet talker! Although I am a little confused by your comments about Democratic run cities problems lie with the Republicans? Do you mean at the State level? California, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, Minnesota, Michigan Governors are all Democrats. I get that the Senate is currently controlled by the Republicans, but surely the individual city and state legislators have some powers to make changes to their local/state organizations/areas better? Whatever. Believe what you believe. It's not like anyone should listen to a parrot anyway. Polly's just a cracker who will be watching all those agitators burn it to the ground.

Surprised a Trumpet would call Trump a parrot but here we are.