Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: NBA Teams Boycott / NBA Postpones games

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: NBA Teams Boycott / NBA Postpones games

Dear white people,

We can think for ourselves, we don't need you to save us. We aren't your pets or wards, and you do not get to wield 'white privilege' because you claim it exists.

We do not see any difference between "white-alt-right" and "white-alt-left" mobs who demand obedience and will not tolerate any opposing opinions, especially from us poor, oppressed coloureds who just cannot do anything for ourselves because of the colour of our skin. They both think we are incapable of doing anything for ourselves.

The bigotry of lowered expectations.

Do us a favour, shut up about race. The unwhites ('People Of Colour', I believe that is the current politically correct racial slur you've labelled all non-whites?) are not helpless toddlers who need parental guidance or protection - and we definitely do not need discipline if we step out of your prescribed edicts and decide to think and stand for ourselves.

How do you get to make the call on all racial issues? Why is the white word the final word?

Kneeling for my anthem is good because you say you are oppressing me because you are white and I am not. So you ruin hockey for me too? You claim white people are naturally systemically racist and authoritative towards me, and then tell me hockey (and sports) are being ruined because you want to correct that. By completely ruining one of the few avenues I could escape this ridiculous whining from white liberals and oppressed millionaires.

But hey, pat yourself on the back and be sure to post on all your social media accounts about how you are shepherding the unwhite to glory.

You are the disease and the cure, apparently. Whether the coloured folk like it or not. You know what's best for us, which is great 'cause we clearly don't.

Signed,
    A Non-White

Screenshot_20200809-235405_YouTube.jpg
    20200825_124853.jpg
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hope you're doing okay Prairie Dog.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Hope you're doing okay Prairie Dog.
    Doing great.

How about you? Are you ok to respond? Or are you too high on your horse? This is a little outside of the usual echo chamber...Would love to compare our experiences with racism, so you can show me where you're coming from.

Or you can just scoff and be condescending, because obviously if I'm not in step with you something is wrong.

To quote Joe Biden, "if you don't vote for me, you ain't black!" Cause we all know how the coloureds are supposed think. The good ones, anyway.

A lot of us have woken up to the fact that the left tokenises us as tools, and weaponises racism for their own pursuit of power. We are useful idiots to you people.

The hypocrisy is just beyond blatant. Here's a way to stop all the rampant systemic oppression of minorities by the white population (the entire claim and point of this thread):

Stop doing it.
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Doing great.

How about you? Are you ok to respond? Or are you too high on your horse? This is a little outside of the usual echo chamber...Would love to compare our experiences with racism, so you can show me where you're coming from.

Or you can just scoff and be condescending, because obviously if I'm not in step with you something is wrong.

To quote Joe Biden, "if you don't vote for me, you ain't black!" Cause we all know how the coloureds think.

A lot of us have woken up to the fact that the left tokenises us as tools, and weaponises racism for their own pursuit of power. We are useful idiots to you people.

The hypocrisy is just beyond blatant. Here's a way to stop the systemic oppression of minorities by the white population (the entire point of this thread):

Stop doing it.
    In your opinion then (for real, not just instigating), what should a white person do to "stop the systemic oppression of minorities"? It seems like you resent any and all attempts by white people to correct the situation, so what can/should we do about it?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Doing great.

To quote Joe Biden, "if you don't vote for me, you ain't black!" Cause we all know how the coloureds are supposed think. The good ones, anyway.

The hypocrisy is just beyond blatant. Here's a way to stop all the rampant systemic oppression of minorities by the white population (the entire claim and point of this thread):

Stop doing it.
    Doing well thank you for asking. Enjoying fall and being outside. Kids are doing well in online schooling and everyone in my family is happy and healthy. Many others have not been as fortunate. Stay safe.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    In your opinion then (for real, not just instigating), what should a white person do to "stop the systemic oppression of minorities"? It seems like you resent any and all attempts by white people to correct the situation, so what can/should we do about it?
    There is no systemic racism. It's a smoke screen. Used by white liberals as a political weapon. And they drag us POCs along as useful idiots.

For the most part from my own experience, white people in the West in general are the least racist people I encounter. There are far more xenophobic groups/cultures.

But I don't understand how so many white people think they are authorities on racism and act like their opinion outweighs 5 decades of experience as a darkie.

How can they dismiss us so easily and condescendingly when we disagree about how we are treated?

Why are they even worse towards us than any racist I ha e ever encountered?

Racism exists but it's a personal thing, not institutional or systemic. I experience it all the time, mostly from non-whites (Vancouver).

Trump is not a racist.

Dobber Sports Titan

There is no systemic racism. It's a smoke screen. Used by white liberals as a political weapon. And they drag us POCs along as useful idiots.

For the most part from my own experience, white people in the West in general are the least racist people I encounter. There are far more xenophobic groups/cultures.

But I don't understand how so many white people think they are authorities on racism and act like their opinion outweighs 5 decades of experience as a darkie.

How can they dismiss us so easily and condescendingly when we disagree about how we are treated?

Racism exists but it's a personal thing, not institutional or systemic. I experience it all the time, mostly from non-whites (Vancouver).

Trump is not a racist.
    Well that's quite the take on the world.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Indeed.

Dobber Sports Ninja

In case there are some folks who would like to do some more reading on this topic.

https://scienceofsocialproblems.word...ific-evidence/

Dobber Sports Star

Trump is not a racist.
    So our experience as white people is invalid and we should just stay in our lanes, but your own personal experience is meaningful and significant enough to establish firmly that "there is no systemic racism". That's a little subjective.

I'm genuinely glad you don't experience much racism from white people, but I see it all the time so it certainly exists. I wonder how much your experience has to do with your specific location/circumstance.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Trump is not a racist.
    Tried to give you some rep, but apparently I have to spread it around before I can +1 you!

Thank you for voicing your very frank opinion. I completely agree with what you are saying. I don't think we hear from enough rational POC, only the far left (many not POC as you say) who appear bent on burning down everything. That's not helpful and will only further divide us. Continue to speak thee not moistly my good man.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Citizens in the USA arr being divided because of facism. I talked to an incredibly reasonable person in Washington State last week who has voted both Republican and Democrat over the years. He said he is willing to march on Washington if Trump wins. The USA is in trouble.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

"Based on my own personal experiences, systematic racism doesn't exist" is quite the taek lmao.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    "Based on my own personal experiences, systematic racism doesn't exist" is quite the taek lmao.
    Especially when housing was adjusted to keep people of colour in worse areas (red lining), resulting in worse schooling, resulting in less people going to college, resulting in being a parent with less money, resulting in their kids staying in the worse areas and schooling and then lack of post-secondary.

But hey, good on that guy having a life where he hasn't seen it. Very lucky.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Tried to give you some rep, but apparently I have to spread it around before I can +1 you!

Thank you for voicing your very frank opinion. I completely agree with what you are saying. I don't think we hear from enough rational POC, only the far left (many not POC as you say) who appear bent on burning down everything. That's not helpful and will only further divide us. Continue to speak thee not moistly my good man.
    What a bunch of biased BS, blaming the left for exasperating the racist problem.

Meanwhile you have legit far right groups know for being aggressively hateful spoiling for a fight:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...M1m?li=AAggXBV