Thread: Acquired Suzuki!

The Great One

Default Acquired Suzuki!

So Im turning into a fanboy here- lol!!!

In a weird twist I actually am kind of leaning on Toews in a new cap league. Hes just so damn good for our cats and at the end of the day he was a)cheap and b) I can afford him right now. Well I couldnt when I took over the team which prompted me to look into a trade that might. Heres what I got:

ROR, Hertl, Ingram
    for
    Suzuki, Kadri, zuke nukem (zuccarello

Zuccarello mostly a cap dump- but my wings are solid and I can str8 drop him if I need too although in a 32 team league I probably wont lol!

Whats the consensus? Cringing...

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Acquired Suzuki!

I would rather ROR over Suzuki, and Hertl over Kadri. The other two seem to be generally irrelevant to the trade.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would rather ROR over Suzuki, and Hertl over Kadri. The other two seem to be generally irrelevant to the trade.
    My opinion as well
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

O'Reilly > Suzuki for at least one or two more years.
    Hertl > Kadri for several years and Hertl is younger and in a more prominent role as compared to Kadri's secondary role.

The Great One

Given where you are and taking this team, I'd probably also prefer Ingram over Zuccarello. So yeah, prefer the 3 you gave over the 3 you got.

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with the consensus here, plus also thinking that Ingram is a semi-decently touted goalie prospect, isn't he? Sorry man, not a fan of this one.

I actually assumed that I wouldn't like it, based on your very first statement: "So Im turning into a fanboy here- lol!!!" Never become too big of a fanboy, it tends to cloud judgement. At least, for me, it does. Best of luck!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think you could have got more for ROR and Hertl (despite his injury history).
    League 1
    Keep 16 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk
    Goalies: Vasilevsky, Shesterkin,
    Minors: Kravtsov, Tolvanen, Brannstrom

League 2
    Keep 18 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen
    Defencemen: R Andersson, Jokiharju, Trouba, Valimaki, Cholowski, Leddy, Montour
    Goalies: Saros, Sorokin, Talbot
    Minors: Heponiemi, Krebs, Tippett, Hoglander, Liljegren, Bouchard,

Dobber Sports Stud

New team, rebuilder... I got NO problem with Suzuki over ROR. None. Kadri, I’m thinking you potentially can find more value in turning him around into another trade. Who will be good GK prospect for 2 years from now? You need that. Vladar, Cal Peterson, or Oettinger available? Kadri clearly worth more than any of those - maybe you could stack another D prospect with the right trade. (Zuccarello, good luck - coat of doing business.)
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

The Great One

Kadri has a lot of value in a salary cap league too- hes only 4.5- really shocked hes getting sp little love- he hits more than the other two too- puts up similar numbers usually. But fair enough- I probably do take a step back in the short term. Long term I think I did ok though- Itd be a neat trade to revisit. I believe Suzuki will be a 1a all situations center- and I just feel like he might have even more upside than ROR long term. Hes also on an elc for two more years. This is a salary cap league eh guys? I saved 6 million...

Dobber Sports Stud

Exactly. kadri’s cap hit is WHY I think you can get good stuff for him, from a win-now GM. 3-year ELC’s that you’ll want to have for ‘22-‘23 and beyond. Sure it’s a crapshoot, but that’s fantasy. Sanderson. No rush - identify your targets once ‘20-‘21 starts.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Kadri has a lot of value in a salary cap league too- hes only 4.5- really shocked hes getting sp little love- he hits more than the other two too- puts up similar numbers usually. But fair enough- I probably do take a step back in the short term. Long term I think I did ok though- Itd be a neat trade to revisit. I believe Suzuki will be a 1a all situations center- and I just feel like he might have even more upside than ROR long term. Hes also on an elc for two more years. This is a salary cap league eh guys? I saved 6 million...
    Had no idea it was a salary cap league. That info is useful haha.

Suzuki becomes an awesome piece with that info, and I like the deal a little more. I would have been okay flipping ROR for him in that case, but I don't think you needed to add Hertl for Kadri to get it done (Hertl ranked very slightly ahead of Kadri in my cap rankings) . I assume you just drop Zucc then and take the cap space instead?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Wizard

in cap league i like this deal...you never said its cap league so you got negative responses.

i think for next 2 years you come out smelling like roses in this deal. 22-23 you will probably need to shuffle players around as together those 2 maybe close to 15 mil or more.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Had no idea it was a salary cap league. That info is useful haha.

Suzuki becomes an awesome piece with that info, and I like the deal a little more. I would have been okay flipping ROR for him in that case, but I don't think you needed to add Hertl for Kadri to get it done (Hertl ranked very slightly ahead of Kadri in my cap rankings) . I assume you just drop Zucc then and take the cap space instead?
    Yea Ive got the cap for zucc- but ill likely drop him for gakrikov who I like as an elc multi cat d...

I tried without the kadri swap- but he needed it involved. In the end hes a sweetheart deal too hes at 4.5 for three years yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    in cap league i like this deal...you never said its cap league so you got negative responses.

i think for next 2 years you come out smelling like roses in this deal. 22-23 you will probably need to shuffle players around as together those 2 maybe close to 15 mil or more.
    Sorry- mb- I thought I did- it is in the salary cap league section though :P

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Yea Ive got the cap for zucc- but ill likely drop him for gakrikov who I like as an elc multi cat d...

I tried without the kadri swap- but he needed it involved. In the end hes a sweetheart deal too hes at 4.5 for three years yet.

Gotcha.

Sorry- mb- I thought I did- it is in the salary cap league section though :P
    Fair, but I think most of us just access threads from the latest posts page and the sub-forum doesn't get noticed too often
    ^^^