Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Contract Prediction (Freddie and Hyman)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Contract Prediction (Freddie and Hyman)

Hello all, I know it is early but I would like to hear your best predictions as to what Hyman and Andersen may sign for following the 2020-21 season. I need to make a decision on them before the start of the 2020-21 season

I can extend one of these players for 150% of their current contract which would work out to 3.38M for Hyman and 7.5M for Freddie. This would be in place of whatever they sign for their UFA deals beginning in 2021-22.
    Thanks
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Contract Prediction (Freddie and Hyman)

Hyman seems like he'll be a 5yr x $5m player.
    That's too high for fantasy hockey, but he really does seem like a great compliment on the Leafs power lines.
    I think the Leafs find some way to move the numbers around to fit him in, long-term.
    (But... again... he's not an attractive "fantasy hockey" player... and eventually his top-line wing use may come to an end.)

F.Anderson... oooo... jeez... I don't know.
    I think the Leafs are going to need a "shake up" - or that'll be it for Dubas.
    They HAVE to look different... and while it's not Freddie's fault... I think a new goalie will give Leaf fans "A New Hope". (episode4)

I can see them paying somebody to take Andersen and his final year...
    And then they sign Lehner for big money: 6yr x $7m.
    Can they afford that? No - not really.
    But they need to give the appearance of an improvement of key position or Dubas is toast.

I say Andersen is a 3yr x $5m trial with SOME OTHER TEAM when 2021-22 season starts.
    (A team like Buffalo... maybe... upside of Edmonton... maybe)

Personally - neither of these players tickles my fantasy fancy with a new contract.
    I'd be looking to trade them to a Leafs homer in your fantasy leagues... immediately.

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't have the prediction bits toggled exactly right for future years, but right now they show as:
    Andersen - $7.2M AAV
    Hyman - $3.8M AAV

I'm not sure either one makes sense for you. Any trade market and you can extend someone else?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks guys.

The only other UFAs for 21/22 are Rosen and Marincin...cheap but not sure they are worth extending either

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, they're less worthy. Can you trade for someone that you can then extend?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Padawan

I believe so. I do aim to acquire a player who makes more sense to extend. I feel as though Hyman has the potential to get overpaid in his next contract assuming he remains in the top 6 so 3.38 could prove to be a decent price for him. At the same time I also think there is a good chance that price will be paid by a team other than Toronto and I would be better off attempting to promote an ELC from my minors or hit the waiver wire

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd vote for extending none of the above.

As a side question, are you required to roster this many Leafs for some reason? Marincin & Rosen seem like odd choices.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yes, you begin the league with an actual NHL team's roster (eventually dropping some of them).

That is what I was thinking. At least you have 2 extremely droppable guys there, just like the Leafs in reality should be doing.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Andersen could get well overpaid when he's a UFA. Goalies that yr who are UFA's:
    Lundqvist - Retire Potential
    Rask - Retire Potential
    Rinne - Retire Potential
    Binnington - STL will sign him or Allen likely
    Allen - STL will sign him or Binnington likely
    Dubnyk
    Raanta
    Reimer
    Grubauer
    Mrazek
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Andersen could get well overpaid when he's a UFA. Goalies that yr who are UFA's:
    Rask - Retire Potential
    Rinne - Retire Potential
    Dubnyk
    Raanta
    Reimer
    Grubauer
    Mrazek
    Yeah that's not a lot on the open market. Flip side is teams will still be struggling with the flat cap and there's a lot of skater FAs next year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Yeah that's not a lot on the open market. Flip side is teams will still be struggling with the flat cap and there's a lot of skater FAs next year.
    Very true. Lots of goalies this yr going with multi year deals could steal jobs from goalies for 2021-22 year, and the flat cap could counter act it.

But Andersen will be the highest yearly dollar figure of goalies that yr likely.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, he'll be the best of that bunch, but the other factor is how many teams at that point will want to pay big FA money for a goalie?

Rask - Retire Potential
    Rinne - Retire Potential

Raanta
    Grubauer
    Mrazek

Dubnyk
    Reimer

I think the bolded guys will be retired, and the (formerly italicized) last two are likely to just be veteran backups. However, teams are also preparing for the Seattle draft, and there will be some goalies who get decent contracts this year.

Andersen's a very good goalie, who can play fine when a team is letting a lot of shots in. Those are fairly rare. I'd be hoping he signs for under $7.5 M, given the cap situation. He may not, but I think the odds are that it's under 9, and no reason to lock yourself in now, unless you can find a trade partner now who wants you to lock him in, then trade him.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I think the bolded guys will be retired, and the italicized are likely to just be veteran backups. However, teams are also preparing for the Seattle draft, and there will be some goalies who get decent contracts this year.

Andersen's a very good goalie, who can play fine when a team is letting a lot of shots in. Those are fairly rare. I'd be hoping he signs for under $7.5 M, given the cap situation. He may not, but I think the odds are that it's under 9, and no reason to lock yourself in now, unless you can find a trade partner now who wants you to lock him in, then trade him.
    I agree that the odds are it's under 9M. Andersen doesn't have a Vezina so he doesn't have the negotiation power Bob did. And we know how that worked out.

Also Steve your italicizing doesn't work in a quoted post because it all gets italicized.