Thread: Prospects- Rate and Gameplan them with me!!!

The Great One

Default Prospects- Rate and Gameplan them with me!!!

So Im having a tough time moving Malkin and Letang which leads me to believe I should probably use the hell out of them til at least the trade deadline and get in the post season- if I can get there Ill go for the money but if I fall short the beauty is thats probably going to be the best time to trade them especially as other GMs will need injury replacements and or fresh guys to sub in for slumpers.

That being said Im wondering which of these guys youd have a grip on and which ones youd move for help. I really need a D as Weegar is currently in my starting four and Im working on deals for Keller and/or PLD.

My players:

Cody Glass- What an appropriate name- hes made of glass!! I know hardy har har- very original but its true- the guy is injured constantly. Have these injuries permanently set him back or is there hope still? I mean he started out the season centering patches and Stone which is obviously uber inspiring. I feel like hes the most "rtradable" so to speak but also the guy I might regret too...

NRobertson- Dang that top six is crowded! That being said Im a leafs homer AND a big fan if both Robertsons individually. I have raved at length about Nicky so Ill just trail off here with the knowledge that Im not moving him...

Bouchard- Ugh- I need him to play and get thirty this year- so he wont. I literally just traded him and a 25thoa for OEL so I cant reall move him either. What I do??

Suzuki- Im so tempted to test the market but I feel like he has number one center star upside and as soon as next year. If I sell now am I selling shirt??

What I do???

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Prospects- Rate and Gameplan them with me!!!

All four of them are top guys to own. Why do you have to do anything other than keep them for right now?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    All four of them are top guys to own. Why do you have to do anything other than keep them for right now?
    This. It's way too soon to tell. And, IIRC, this is a multi-cat league, so Weegar is fine. His 80 game pace was 30 points with nice multi-cat contribution. You used to be excited about that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don't know your league set up. My preference in order of who to trade first would probably be in regards to standard cats:

N Robertson: he's good but the top 6 is crowded but with the cap their gonna have to make a move so opportunity for him. He's the flavor of the month for leafs fans so if you find some diehard leafs fan who might want to overpay for him.

E Bouchard: he's not a Q Hughes type player and how long until he can really contribute. He will be good but he's gonna probably spend year in the AHL.

C Glass: he's gonna get opportunties given his prev history but his value

Nick Suzuki. If hold on cause can you really improve your team by trading him.

If it was me, I'd hold onto all these guys. Maybe find a fan of their teams and trade them to the owner who let's his inner fan get to him. But you want to trade to improve your team and are guys that active or willing to move when there is no pressure right now. When their in mid February and there 1-6 and their season is falling down the drain, that is when you want to strike with an offer to help.

Good luck

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    This. It's way too soon to tell. And, IIRC, this is a multi-cat league, so Weegar is fine. His 80 game pace was 30 points with nice multi-cat contribution. You used to be excited about that.
    Its not truly a multi-cat league:

G4, A3, ST+1, Sog and Pim 0.5

So we get some credit but he ends up being barely servicable in the 4 hole.

I guess my real question (and thats mb for not outlining it properly)- would you move one of these guys for:

A) More "here and now" help

and

B) More specifically a dman to replace Weegar if I can?

Dobber Sports Titan

If I was to move one it would be Bouchard, as he should be the easiest to move for a viable Dman. Unfortunately that's the opposite of the trade you just made

I think your best bet is holding right now unless someone overpays.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    If I was to move one it would be Bouchard, as he should be the easiest to move for a viable Dman. Unfortunately that's the opposite of the trade you just made

I think your best bet is holding right now unless someone overpays.
    Ugh- yea I hear ya. Fair point. No chance he plays this year or what?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Ugh- yea I hear ya. Fair point. No chance he plays this year or what?
    Always a chance, but I think it's more likely that he doesn't than he does.