Thread: juuso valimaki

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default juuso valimaki

What is to be expected from him next year. I know Calgary has some ufa's on D, cannot see them resigning them all. I'm expecting 25 points with some time on the 2nd power play unit....am I wrong in thinking this?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: juuso valimaki

A lot will depend on how well he can stay healthy. The kid is a fantastic looking D prospect but injuries keep derailing him.

If he can stay healthy, I can see 25-30 pts for him next year. I don't expect him to get huge minutes out of the gate but if you own him, show patience.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

As a bitter Flames fan, I expect his development to be hindered due to various other stupid decisions the mgmt and staff will make throughout the season. Basically I have zero faith that any of our higher end prospects will ever amount to anything while in Calgary's system... or lack of. Bunch a losers!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Star

Absent injury, Valimaki showed big potential for a point-scoring d-man. I think he worth the investment but his lost time to injury will require more ramping-up time, so patience will be needed.

Dobber Sports Icon

I would expect him to play in Europe to start next season (if he's healthy enough to play). After that, he may join the Flames at some point but it would not surprise me at all if he plays 0 NHL games next season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I would expect him to play in Europe to start next season (if he's healthy enough to play). After that, he may join the Flames at some point but it would not surprise me at all if he plays 0 NHL games next season.
    I'd be almost 100% certain he plays with the flames next year. He would've played most of this past season if he wasn't injured plus flames are losing multiple d-men to free agency. I'd expect Valimaki to get pp2 time off the bat and if he does well I could easily see him getting the pp1 reigns if Giordano continues to decline.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have a strict policy when it comes to players with more vowels in their name than consonants.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I have a strict policy when it comes to players with more vowels in their name than consonants.
    When (editor's note: insert name of guy with tons of vowels) blows up, you'll be sorry.

Dobber Sports Star

All time more vowels than consonants team!

F: Mario Lemieux
    F: Adam Oates
    F: Claude Lemieux
    D: Juuso Valimaki
    D
    G

Ok, this is harder than I thought.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Teuvo Teravainen
    Joe Nieuwendyk

Ossi Vaananen

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    All time more vowels than consonants team!

F: Mario Lemieux
    F: Adam Oates
    D
    G

Ok, this is harder than I thought.
    Edit: I now realize you were also doing first names. So the below is for last names only.

D: Bourque
    G: Roy (The Y is a vowel in that), Niemi

However, Valimaki is technically tied at 4-4, which makes this a piece of cake.

So I will take out

and add:

F: Gordie Howe
    D: Mark Howe
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jshed2 View Post
    I'd be almost 100% certain he plays with the flames next year. He would've played most of this past season if he wasn't injured plus flames are losing multiple d-men to free agency. I'd expect Valimaki to get pp2 time off the bat and if he does well I could easily see him getting the pp1 reigns if Giordano continues to decline.
    Both of these can easily be true. Since European leagues will almost certainly start sooner, it's very likely he plays in Europe to start, and if he seems ready, and the Flames don't screw everything up, he can come over and play with them.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Teuvo Teravainen
    Joe Nieuwendyk

Ossi Vaananen
    Tuomo Ruutu
    Autu Ratu (is that even his name???)
    Otto Koivula
    Baba Booboo (I kid you not)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by jshed2 View Post
    This is my expectation, too. As many have mentioned, it would be wise for Calgary to give Giordano the minutes that the Valimakis can't handle (top PK), reduce his PP role, to better manage his overall minutes. Valimaki was a top ranked real life prospect a year ago; the injury sucks, but he's young. He'll heal properly, especially with this extra time before next season, and the injury will be a distant memory.