Thread: The Too-Early Keeper Thread

Dobber Sports Expert

Default The Too-Early Keeper Thread

Standard league, QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, RB/WR, K, DEF. Keep up to three players each year. Keeper value is one round earlier than last year's draft round (1st remains a first). FAs are 12th round.

Won the league last year so last pick in every round, non-snake draft. I'm going to try and make some moves as there is lots of value.
    Lamar (13th)
    Zeke (1st)
    Kamara (10th)

AJ Brown (12th)
    Chubb (11th)
    AJ Green (4th)
    DK Metcalf (11th)
    Singletary (6th)
    Ertz (1st)

Kamara and Zeke are obvious keeps for me. Kamara will likely be moved at some point if I'm not in contention as this is my final keeper year with him. What I'm toying with Lamar as my third keeper. I don't like QB keepers and feel there is some regression but he's essentially an RB1 that throws the ball. Would you agree with him as a keeper over the the rest of the list?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: The Too-Early Keeper Thread

I'd go with
    Zeke - 1st round
    Kamara - 10th Round
    Chubb - 11th Round

Then move an RB for a WR.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Default Re: The Too-Early Keeper Thread

Generally I devalue QBs in 1QB leagues and would not bother keeping one, especially at the cost of a first rounder. That said....the two exceptions this year are Mahomes and L-Jax who's fantasy production is significantly greater than replacement value at the position. They're on a tier of their own by >5PPG and he's only costing you a 13th rounder. That's big time value imo. Point being, I would not blame you for keeping Jackson (or Mahomes)

I like the idea of trying to trade Zeke or Jackson. Keep Lamar Kamara and Chubb or Zeke Kamara AJ. If you can't get good value in a trade then I like your orig 3.
    @SmittysRant