Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 10

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2020 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    That was me most of last year, then I had a little more luck in the playoffs. Seriously, I love fantasy football depending on the outcomes each week.
    I did something to please the football gods because I have no idea what I'm doing and I seem to do well. It really is a large gap between the highs and the lows though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Gah. Wish I was more prepared for this draft. My team is going to struggle. Might be right back to Tier 2.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

My only beef with fantasy football is the people who act like they know what they are doing when their team is good but are simply unlucky when their team is bad.
    It's all a big crapshoot... a very enjoyable crapshoot... but I'd say fantasy football is 85% luck and 15% skill.
    I love it, but man... I'd never do a fantasy football money league. Might as well just hit the slot machines.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    My only beef with fantasy football is the people who act like they know what they are doing when their team is good but are simply unlucky when their team is bad.
    It's all a big crapshoot... a very enjoyable crapshoot... but I'd say fantasy football is 85% luck and 15% skill.
    I love it, but man... I'd never do a fantasy football money league. Might as well just hit the slot machines.
    I tend to find it very frustrating LOL, but I agree with you on the percentages though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yep the only money league I do is the one I mentioned in another thread and it's with guys I've known for 25-30 years. And it's only $50 .

But ya football is luck...moreso than any other fantasy sport. So much depends on injury and even just your own schedule. I do like to add a simple rule that the team with the most points can't miss the playoffs, otherwise Im ok to live with all of the schedule issues.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Interesting rule, HR.
    I can't say I've ever seen a team with "most points" miss the playoffs.
    We do only take 6/14 in this league.
    I've seen some teams with 2nd or 3rd highest points miss our league playoffs.

I totally have love/hate affair with fantasy football.
    It is full on enjoyment for me to yell at a screen and pretend like I have some control over this!
    Ha!
    Last year I spent like 30min researching, finished 3rd in this league.
    My wife's friend picks players with "cute-names" and has won her league a few times (with all guys!).

More than anything... I occasionally read articles about fantasy football... and these dudes are all like "This guy is going to be a great sleeper this year".
    One of the big-name guys on ESPN last year said that guy was gonna be Kalen Ballage!!!
    Kalen Ballage!
    Dude had 135yards on 74carries... that's like 1.8per.
    I mean... come on!
    (Does he even have a job this year?!?)

And there's SO many of these self-acclaimed fantasy football "experts" that don't have the slightest clue except to throw their darts and hope they hit.
    If they miss, they'll find a different platform, rethrow the darts, and then get their back-patting gloves on!!!
    Bwa-ha-ha.

Our highest scoring team in Week 1: horrorfan!
    Who will probably tell us that he didn't spend a whole lot of time researching the NFL!!!

(Not a knock, he's a sharp guy... but I'm pretty sure the NFL isn't his "field of expertise"!!!)

Dobber Sports Immortal

It's true. I clearly chose the wrong profession.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Is anyone getting app notifications when adds/drops are made in football? They added this feature but only seems to be working for my fantasy baseball leagues.

And I have bot notifications enabled.

Dobber Sports Titan

You really want that turned on? I only ever had it for baseball
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    You really want that turned on? I only ever had it for baseball
    Haha I didn't mind it. And I found what I thought was the option for it and have it enabled in baseball and football. But it's only working for baseball.

Dobber Sports Deity

I turned it off and haven't had any since

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I get redzone & TD app notifications.
    I think that is all.
    (Though normally I don't have the Yahoo Fantasy app installed... but I thought, for a moment, I was going to have to draft on my phone)

Dobber Sports Deity

I get redzone & TD app notifications.
    I think that is all.
    (Though normally I don't have the Yahoo Fantasy app installed... but I thought, for a moment, I was going to have to draft on my phone)
    Ditto

What is the extent of your experience w/FF. Just this over simplified re-draft league?
    @SmittysRant

The Wolverine

Our highest scoring team in Week 1: horrorfan!
    Who will probably tell us that he didn't spend a whole lot of time researching the NFL!!!

(Not a knock, he's a sharp guy... but I'm pretty sure the NFL isn't his "field of expertise"!!!)
    What are you talking about? I am an expert.

Ha!

I actually spent 2-3 weeks before the draft just reading a bunch of stuff just so I can know who's who! I just wanted to be somewhat prepared in the draft, but yeah whether this works out for the season remains to be seen as things can change week to week. I'm just happy I'm first for one week!