Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 10

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: 2020 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm still at exactly 0hr, 0min, 0sec of time invested researching fantasy football.
    When's the draft???

**Fortunately, I have a quick-research/planning method that has worked out LIKE GOLD for me each of the past 3 seasons... 3-4 hours on the weekend... and I'll be ready to rock.
    ***Fantasy football is NOT fantasy hockey with regard to knowledge = success!!!
    I went to a website and preranked my top 100 in case I wasn't around. That's my research to this point. I'm picking third so I've got a good idea who I'll get there. After that it's a complete $hitshow lol
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I went to a website and preranked my top 100 in case I wasn't around. That's my research to this point. I'm picking third so I've got a good idea who I'll get there. After that it's a complete $hitshow lol
    I spent most of my evening last night working on going over my fantasy mags, plugging in numbers, mining websites for training camp info, opt outs, injuries, and other news. I have two pools, one PPR and this one, so I need a slightly modified list, but who am I kidding, I never follow that list too closely anyway!

I'll probably not be repeating last years draft by taking 2 TE in the first 4 rounds!

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I spent most of my evening last night working on going over my fantasy mags, plugging in numbers, mining websites for training camp info, opt outs, injuries, and other news. I have two pools, one PPR and this one, so I need a slightly modified list, but who am I kidding, I never follow that list too closely anyway!

I'll probably not be repeating last years draft by taking 2 TE in the first 4 rounds!
    2 TE strategy is must. DO IT!!

@SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

What if I picked every TE and then tried to trade them all...

Wonder if that could work?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    What if I picked every TE and then tried to trade them all...

Wonder if that could work?
    I kind of thought that I would be able to trade one of them for a comparable WR, but it never worked out for me. Sometimes the best trade you make is no trade at all, not that you would understand that! lol

Dobber Sports Titan

I kind of thought that I would be able to trade one of them for a comparable WR, but it never worked out for me. Sometimes the best trade you make is no trade at all, not that you would understand that! lol
    What's that supposed to mean?

Kidding aside though, I do get it. You don't want to get stuck with the hot potato, but it's better to not strengthen an opponent even if you do get stuck with the potato.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Trading in redraft is tough, and usually due to a need borne from injury to a starter.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    What's that supposed to mean?

Kidding aside though, I do get it. You don't want to get stuck with the hot potato, but it's better to not strengthen an opponent even if you do get stuck with the potato.
    Heading into last years draft, I didn't really have a defined plan. I had the second overall pick and took Zeke Elliott and then took Ertz and Aaron Jones. My fourth round pick was up and I still had one player left in my top tier of TE's, so I went with it. I won't say that having two top tier TE's helped me win the championship, I attribute that to lots of luck! lol

Heading into last years draft, I didn't really have a defined plan. I had the second overall pick and took Zeke Elliott and then took Ertz and Aaron Jones. My fourth round pick was up and I still had one player left in my top tier of TE's, so I went with it. I won't say that having two top tier TE's helped me win the championship, I attribute that to lots of luck! lol
    That Jones pick was a league winner, 19 TDs man.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    That Jones pick was a league winner, 19 TDs man.
    Totally saved my bacon several weeks with those multiple, multiple TD games!

Dobber Sports Guru

Not to hijack this thread, but anyone know anything about tier 2? It was set up, and then the league was deleted.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Immortal

I had asked to be removed from it because it was still showing up in my teams, but I didn't realize the league was deleted!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I had asked to be removed from it because it was still showing up in my teams, but I didn't realize the league was deleted!
    Yup. There was no draft date, and then the league was deleted.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Wolverine

I've realised during my draft prep that picking at the turn in a 14 team league is not easy, especially when I've been out of touch for a little while. Should be interesting who's left for me to choose from.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Yup. There was no draft date, and then the league was deleted.
    Yeah is Tier 2 not running this year? I was looking forward to it