Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Too Much for EK65 in a cap league?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Too Much for EK65 in a cap league?

I slept on it. EK65 is going to be a boat anchor in your format. I would not be giving up much of anything for him.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I slept on it. EK65 is going to be a boat anchor in your format. I would not be giving up much of anything for him.
    So, pass on the EK deal and try to flip tarasenko for a Center who scores 70+ points?
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Superstar

Another vote to pass on the E Karlsson deal. The cap hit will kill you, especially if he doesn't get more than 50 points, then you wont be able to trade for fair market value. You also need to keep Varly as your goaltending is suspect.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Another vote to pass on the E Karlsson deal. The cap hit will kill you, especially if he doesn't get more than 50 points, then you wont be able to trade for fair market value. You also need to keep Varly as your goaltending is suspect.
    alright, thanks for all the responses everyone! I will back out of this EK deal
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Can you ask the other GM to take a percentage of his salary for exemple the next or two seasons?

Someone in the first page said varlamov is really trusty but i dont think hell stay 1st goalie after next season with sorokin coming

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by forwardpro View Post
    Someone in the first page said varlamov is really trusty but i dont think hell stay 1st goalie after next season with sorokin coming
    That's a fair point to be looking into. Personally I don't think it's a lot to pay, as Varly won't likely get more than 50 starts because of Sorokin coming in, but it probably won't be less than 40 either. Forty starts for a Trotz team has a lot of value, though with that, Varly's limited volume and his cap hit stop his value from being all that high.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    That's a fair point to be looking into. Personally I don't think it's a lot to pay, as Varly won't likely get more than 50 starts because of Sorokin coming in, but it probably won't be less than 40 either. Forty starts for a Trotz team has a lot of value, though with that, Varly's limited volume and his cap hit stop his value from being all that high.
    I would be interested in doing the deal, but if I did I feel the goaltending would be very shaky and that would not be good. I was envisioning EK getting back on track and getting his value up so i can flip him to a contender mid season.
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team: