Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Too Much for EK65 in a cap league?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Too Much for EK65 in a cap league?

Hey guys, I was offered this deal in my cap league and I was wondering if I should take it? All the information for the Cap league and my team should be all in my signature.

I get:
    Erik Karlsson
    $11.5 million

He gets:
    Mats Zuccarello
    Semyon Varlamov
    $11 million

Is this too much for Karlsson, and if I take this deal, is Kessel now the buyout, assuming Schneider gets bought out or sent to the AHL, meaning I can cut his 6 million without using my buyout? Thanks for the responses in advance and I will respond to all comments as soon as possible.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Too Much for EK65 in a cap league?

I would make that deal for Karlsson. And yeah, Kessel seems like a buyout candidate.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would make that deal for Karlsson. And yeah, Kessel seems like a buyout candidate.
    Alright, I'll wait for more people to respond but I was leaning buying out Kessel and making that deal for EK. Thanks!
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Genius

What is the cap?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    What is the cap?
    95 million
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Genius

I should have asked how many players. How many players?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I should have asked how many players. How many players?
    20 players max on each roster
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Ace

In terms of a trade, it's good.

I don't think that I would want to spend that much cap space on Karlsson, though.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ugh, I like Erik Karlsson, but in a cap league, I don't know if I want to spend $11.5M on him. With your goaltending situation what it is, I don't know if you can afford to deal Varlamov.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hmm.

Zuccarello isn't a good value at all, and won't be.
    Varlamov is a pretty solid value.
    Karlsson is expensive, but could be fine if he rebounds.

Tha problem is that you have so much cap tied up in goaltending crap it's kind of hard to part with Varlamov.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

I know that in my two cap dynasty leagues (similar enough to the OPs) Erik Karlson is a player most GMs don’t want to touch right now. “Too expensive” or “too hurt” or “too old”... Basically, EK65 is a grenade that GMs would rather see someone else fall on rather that take the risk themselves. That is a fair enough offer for Karlsson but it doesn’t look like one you should take. Too much risk on your part for not enough return. You would have to move out other pieces (overpriced junk with no trade value - is Kessel/Pavelski), and trade other pieces to repair the goaltending hole you just made.

That said, EK65 is a solid own if he rebounds. Yes he is expensive, but if you can fit the other pieces around him he can be a good own.

My guess is that the EK65 GM has been shopping him with no luck. The return that he is asking from you is pretty minimal. I bet he looks at Zuccarelo as a drop and is only into the goalie Varlamov. You could look at seeing what else he would take that is not a goalie. I might try to see is he is interested in Vlad Tarasenko. My gut says that Tarasenko is never going to the same player with his shoulders the way they are. This may be a good time to move on from him. Even if it is a case of ‘better a year too early than too late’. Even in your cap league I think I’d rather hold EK65 than Tank. If Vlad doesn’t move his needle you could also try Ryan Johansen.

Food for thought.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I know that in my two cap dynasty leagues (similar enough to the OPs) Erik Karlson is a player most GMs don’t want to touch right now. “Too expensive” or “too hurt” or “too old”... Basically, EK65 is a grenade that GMs would rather see someone else fall on rather that take the risk themselves. That is a fair enough offer for Karlsson but it doesn’t look like one you should take. Too much risk on your part for not enough return. You would have to move out other pieces (overpriced junk with no trade value - is Kessel/Pavelski), and trade other pieces to repair the goaltending hole you just made.

That said, EK65 is a solid own if he rebounds. Yes he is expensive, but if you can fit the other pieces around him he can be a good own.

My guess is that the EK65 GM has been shopping him with no luck. The return that he is asking from you is pretty minimal. I bet he looks at Zuccarelo as a drop and is only into the goalie Varlamov. You could look at seeing what else he would take that is not a goalie. I might try to see is he is interested in Vlad Tarasenko. My gut says that Tarasenko is never going to the same player with his shoulders the way they are. This may be a good time to move on from him. Even if it is a case of ‘better a year too early than too late’. Even in your cap league I think I’d rather hold EK65 than Tank. If Vlad doesn’t move his needle you could also try Ryan Johansen.

Food for thought.
    Should I offer Tarasenko for Hischier? Or just ask who he would add for Tarasenko? I would like to keep Varlamov but I was just looking at ways to build up my team, possibly flip EK65 next season if he rebounds to 60+ points minimum. This is a lot complicated than I thought, I was wondering if I would be able to flip Tarasenko or Rantanen for a 1C? That's why I am wondering about Hischier and if he would be a good target in this deal.
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I might as well put his full team here:

Centers: Petterson, Dach, Hischier, Hintz

Left Wing: Ehlers, Schwartz, Gaudreau, Lee

Right Wing: Marner, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Johnsson

Defense: EK65, Buff, Klingberg, Girard, Sandin

Goalies: Ullmark, Koskinen, Crawford

Goalies for him are very weak so not sure exactly what to ask for if the Tarasenko part is included. Thanks for the responses that have already come in and the future ones hopefully!
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally, while I think Karlsson is a quality player still, I don't want to own him in any cap leagues. That salary is nasty and just not good value for the dollar.

I'd pass here and simply walk away from any Karlsson discussions. In a non cap league, I'd do it though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

I find it hard to believe that EK will produce again at a level to justify his 11.5 in a cap league. I'd love it if he did, but it just doesn't look like his body can hold up for even close to a full season.

He will probably be un-owned in my cap league next season.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???