Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Keep 1: Fox , Doughty , Ristolainen

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Keep 1: Fox , Doughty , Ristolainen

I like the idea of keeping Jarry, as he should give you 3 starters on decent or better teams. I suspect you'll be able to address the defense as you need to in the draft.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

In a 10-team, I wouldn't keep three goalies. There will be plenty in the re-draft and their year-to-year performance is too inconsistent to spend on a keeper spot, IMO.

In this league format, I'm not inclined to keep Fox. His hits/blks/sog are not incredible and there is competition in NY.

For all the downplaying of Ristolainen, he's been incredibly consistent: 40+ points, 180+ SOG, 225+ hits, 100+ blocks; plus, he's liked by the coach and only 25. I value him about as much Doughty in this format. For me, I'd go Doughty for his upside and trade value sake, but would look to draft Ristolainen; I don't think we've seen his best.

Doughty has nearly played 1000 games already by the age of 30...crazy.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Superstar

Doughty

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by jdreed3184 View Post
    In a 10-team, I wouldn't keep three goalies. There will be plenty in the re-draft and their year-to-year performance is too inconsistent to spend on a keeper spot, IMO.

In this league format, I'm not inclined to keep Fox. His hits/blks/sog are not incredible and there is competition in NY.

For all the downplaying of Ristolainen, he's been incredibly consistent: 40+ points, 180+ SOG, 225+ hits, 100+ blocks; plus, he's liked by the coach and only 25. I value him about as much Doughty in this format. For me, I'd go Doughty for his upside and trade value sake, but would look to draft Ristolainen; I don't think we've seen his best.

Doughty has nearly played 1000 games already by the age of 30...crazy.

While I agree with your inconsistency point, in seasons past, I've always been inclined to keep 3 goalies of solid calibur in this league as 5 of the 13 categories are controlled by goalies (and goalies are only 3 or 4 spots on the 26 player roster). I guess it comes down to how much faith we have in Jarry to preform at a solid calibur level, (or at worst at an at least respectable rate if we chose to kepp him), over the more sure production I'd get from a Doughty/Risto (although i still could be convinced to go Fox --if going wiht a 2nd D over a 3rd goalie is the better move)?? tough call
    Non-Cap League: 10 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 16 of 26 Roster; G A Pts PPP +/- SOG HIT BLK // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G(max 4), 6 Bench, 1-IR

Current Keepers:
    Kucherov(R) Zibanejad(CR) Eichel(C) Couturier(C) Schenn(CL) Mantha(RL) Wilson(R) E.Kane(L) Dubois(CL) Boeser(R) Fiala(CLR) Bjorkstrand(RL)
    Makar

Hart
    Bobrovsky Jarry

Rest of Roster:
    Yamomoto(RC) Olofsson(RL) Backlund(C) Foligno(LR) Brown(RL)
    Doughty Fox Ristolainen Edler
    Fleury

Blue = Bubble Players

The Great One

I don't trust Bobrovsky or FLA very much right now...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch